Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old March 26th, 2004, 01:21 PM   #1
Antelope

Default Dark Exodus/Colonial Library

I just wanted to put a message out there for everyone that comes by but never checks out the Colonial Library.

Often we tell each other I wish there was a good continuation or a TOS season 2. If you have the time we have it right here!

Although the stories written are by our own members don't think for a second they are Galactica light. I finished two stories in there, one by Dawg and one by Martok. Both stories were filled with the spirit of TOS and if both were done as episodes or movies they would stand shoulder to shoulder with the "real" TOS episodes.

Please read Dawg's "To Thine Own Self". It can easily have been an episode in TOS season 2 if the season was made.

Please also read "Dark Exodus" by Steve Dunlap. "Dark Exodus" in my opinion is the Continuation we have been waiting for. If more people knew about it maybe it could become the basis for a real movie.

I look forward to visiting the Colonial Library more often but think it is definitely a great but underused resource.
Old March 27th, 2004, 08:53 AM   #2
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Originally Posted by antelope526
I just wanted to put a message out there for everyone that comes by but never checks out the Colonial Library.

Often we tell each other I wish there was a good continuation or a TOS season 2. If you have the time we have it right here!

Although the stories written are by our own members don't think for a second they are Galactica light. I finished two stories in there, one by Dawg and one by Martok. Both stories were filled with the spirit of TOS and if both were done as episodes or movies they would stand shoulder to shoulder with the "real" TOS episodes.

Please read Dawg's "To Thine Own Self". It can easily have been an episode in TOS season 2 if the season was made.

Please also read "Dark Exodus" by Steve Dunlap. "Dark Exodus" in my opinion is the Continuation we have been waiting for. If more people knew about it maybe it could become the basis for a real movie.

I look forward to visiting the Colonial Library more often but think it is definitely a great but underused resource.
I read both of those stories and you are so right Antelope. They are true to
the TOS universe. And I truely think that Dark Exodus by Steve Dunlap is a TRUE
continuation master piece.
shiningstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2004, 01:55 AM   #3
martok2112
Colonial Story Teller

FORUM STAFFFleet Moderator
Colonial Fleets

Default WOW! And "By the Lords of Kobol!"

May I say that your kind words have moved me greatly, Antelope and Shiningstar. Yes, I have started reading some of the other fanfics in the Colonial Library, and they ROCK! Some serious talent in there. Dawg and Kingfish have written some very awesome material. Keeping the hope of Original Galactica alive with their spirit and accuracy.

I also highly recommend to anyone that has not stopped by the Library yet to read many of the stories written by some talented fans. And if you would like to get inside the mind of one of the nicest, sweetest Galactica fans out there...check out "Muffit's musings" in the Library. You will find yourself moved in a way that only Muffit can move you.

To all who have supported "Dark Exodus", what can I say but "thank you with tears of great joy that you have enjoyed this story so much, to even say that it is worthy as a continuation story."

Can a brotha get a minute?

Show em' my motto!

LONG LIVE BOTH GALACTICAS, and ALL GALACTICA FANS!
Martok2112 (Steve Dunlap)
Old March 29th, 2004, 06:10 AM   #4
gmd3d
Major

yes i like to spend time reading the fan fic keep them coming.

"The world is my country, science my religion.”
gmd3d is offline   Reply With Quote