Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old September 20th, 2023, 10:54 PM   #1
Eric Paddon
Squadron Leader

Default Maren Jensen Podcast Interview!

All of us wondered for decades if we'd EVER hear a word from Maren about her Galactica experience. Well amazingly she has finally given what has to be her first ever interview on the subject in 40 plus years that I'm aware of on this podcast.

https://retrozest.com/EP139/?fbclid=...gb4b-r4oQ_kLg4

Definitely worth hearing to finally hear her side of things after all this time.
"They hate us with every fiber of their being. We love....freedom, independence, the right to question. To them it is an alien way of living."-The non-myopic wisdom of Commander Adama, "Saga Of A Star World"

"How do you tell a Communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin."-Ronald Reagan
Eric Paddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2023, 11:40 PM   #2
ernie90125
Also Present

SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDOwner:
BattlestarFanFilms.com

Default Re: Maren Jensen Podcast Interview!

RE This Retrozest Podcast

The Maren Jensen interview was possibly the most disappointing interview I’ve ever listened to…

To have scored an interview with her was great, but it ended up more of an interview with the interviewer.

As the listener, we now know so much more about HIS impressions of scenes and episodes but at times she could barely get a word in edgeways.

Just as she talks about why she left acting, he goes into a monologue on The Eagles’ drummers. Thankfully he had one of the great scifi actresses on hand to keep him right on Vince Gill!

As I listened, I thought to myself I wish this interview with Maren Jensen was about Maren Jensen.

Then instead of delving into what she’s done in the decades between the cosmetics firm and her new company - we get a monologue on the interviewer’s weight watchers goals.

Then its over.

I wish the interview had been about the interviewee.
ernie90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2023, 01:19 PM   #3
Eric Paddon
Squadron Leader

The guy said on FB that Maren wasn't the most forthcoming person he'd ever interviewed. He may have been forced to vamp a bit more because of that, though he did start from the problem of being more a general TV buff and not a true Galactica expert.

I don't think Maren's memory of still being available for the last episodes but just not being called to do them is accurate. Larson clearly had no intention of bringing her back if he'd implemented his "Season 2 Memo" and I think she was already considered out of the picture after GFE. I certainly can't picture McDonnell and Carlson writing "Take The Celestra" and retconning Starbuck with a serious romance at the time of the Destruction with another woman if they felt they still had to factor in the "What about Athena?" question.

Maren's implication someone in authority wanted her off the show after she turned down an advance from him would certainly explain why she was never willing to talk about her experience until now. I won't engage in any open speculation on who she might be referring to.
"They hate us with every fiber of their being. We love....freedom, independence, the right to question. To them it is an alien way of living."-The non-myopic wisdom of Commander Adama, "Saga Of A Star World"

"How do you tell a Communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin."-Ronald Reagan
Old October 4th, 2023, 11:46 AM   #4
Eric Paddon
Squadron Leader

The podcast this week has an interview with Sarah Rush. And he worked in a plug for her work on "Saga Of A Fugitive Fleet" too!

https://retrozest.com/EP140/?fbclid=...34C7YslTRBSrDs