Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old January 8th, 2003, 10:46 PM   #1
SS1

Thumbs down What if?

What if some of the original cast members were casted in this remake? Lets just pretend that Dirk Benedict was casted as Tigh, Kent McCord as Adama, Herb Jefferson JR, Sara Rush and that guy with the beard were to have recurring roles. Also added to lure fans in is a couple of Trek vets such as Chase Masterson and John (Q) DeLancie, Finally rounding out the cast is Ben Browder as Lee Adama.

Could this cast in anyway redeem Ronald D Moore’s awful script that reimagined BSG beyond recognition?

Let’s even pretend that there were a few minor rewrites to top it off, like Starbuck being changed back into a male. Will it be worthy of our support?

They can cast whomever they want and do whatever minor script rewrites. To me this is not worth my support.
Old January 9th, 2003, 03:20 AM   #2
LucianG
Warrior

Casting original cast members in other roles would be a shallow and meaningless exercise intended to trick fans of the original series into watching the new mini-series. It does nothing to maintain the integrity and continuity of the original series, and it does nothing for me. Minor rewrites and changes are in the same category, minor and generally meaningless.

With a SUBSTANTIAL rewrite as a reimagined remake with characters more like the originals, some of Ron Moore's ideas might work and might explain more of the backstory; however, the chance of a substantial rewrite are most likely somewhere between slim and none. Even with such a rewrite, I'd still prefer a recognizable continuation with a combination of some of the major characters portrayed by the original actors and actresses and some new characters.

For now, I am not holding my breath, nor am I supporting the current project.
LucianG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2003, 09:43 AM   #3
Flamingo Girl
Squadron Leader

Veteran
Fleets Warrior

I would tape it. Then I would fast forward through all of the non-Dirk scenes.
Flamingo Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2003, 01:11 PM   #4
jewels
Stablemaster, Livery Ship

FORUM STAFFFleet Modertor
Colonial Fleets

Why are we talking about something our guys (and gals) have too much integrity to consider, again?

I can't even pretend that with what is in that script. Hatch and DeSanto were too close to the mark of something that could have restarted the franchise. Moore is in one of those Star Trek-esque parallel universes where everything is the opposite of what it should be.

Last edited by jewels; January 9th, 2003 at 01:17 PM..
jewels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2003, 02:49 PM   #5
captmiloman
Bad Email Address

If this were a legit remake using the original shooting script with added backstory, I would even support Ronny Cox as Adama, Luke Perry as Apollo, Jason Priestley as Starbuck(if Priestly wasn't injured in that racing accident last summer), Kristen Cloke as Athena, and Barry Watson as Zac. This may sound strange, but I could actually see this cast pulling it off. This idea would be alot better than what TPTB currently have in mind. I'd still rather see a continuation like everyone else. Just my $0.02 worth.

Last edited by captmiloman; January 9th, 2003 at 03:00 PM..
captmiloman is offline   Reply With Quote