Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old May 13th, 2003, 07:17 AM   #1
peter noble
Strike Leader

Colonial Fan ForceCo-Founder
Colonial Fan Force
COMMAND INSIGNIACo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com

Default It's a funny old world!

I work at the local newspaper in my city. This afternoon, I was working on the next day's edition of the paper and I turned round, and on the TV on the newsdesk was an episode of Murder She Wrote, and Dirk was in it!

Peter
Old May 13th, 2003, 09:42 AM   #2
Flamingo Girl
Squadron Leader

Veteran
Fleets Warrior

I mentioned that show in another thread somewhere.

I was so thrilled when I caught what he said that exposed him as the murderer, I usually don't catch it.

"Dirk's always wanted to make love with himself, and now he could succeed!!!"
RH
Flamingo Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2003, 09:52 AM   #3
LordStarFyre
Warrior

Default Peter

If you work at a bloody newspaper, what's the possibility of getting some contacts to take this "Ron Moore Uses FAKE fanbase to get his show produced" story running, in a REAL news outlet...
LordStarFyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2003, 10:22 AM   #4
peter noble
Strike Leader

Colonial Fan ForceCo-Founder
Colonial Fan Force
COMMAND INSIGNIACo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com

Default Re: Peter

Quote:
Originally posted by LordStarFyre
If you work at a bloody newspaper, what's the possibility of getting some contacts to take this "Ron Moore Uses FAKE fanbase to get his show produced" story running, in a REAL news outlet...
I work at a local paper in England. Battlestar Galactica coming back isn't exactly a teenage girl being killed when some iron railings fell on her.

I'd suggest the LA or New York Times, seriously.

Peter
Old May 13th, 2003, 10:29 AM   #5
Agelastus
Warrior

Best to try the Sci-Fi ones, and then see if a daily picks it up in the entertainment or reviews section...........................

Let's be honest though - it's not exactly big news to anyone except those of us dedicated enough to still watch the original.

Mailing somebody lije SFX magazine's a better idea - see if they run an article, or items on the letters page. Publicity within the sci-fi community is a good start.