Go Back   Colonial Fleets > REJUVENATION CENTER > Galactica Cafe
Notices
Galactica Cafe A place to socialize and have fun!

Old January 17th, 2019, 08:46 PM   #1
BST
Snowball, My Angel Baby

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
Colonial Fleets

Default Sad news

On behalf of one of our fellow warriors, Steve (CBSG4EVER), it's with sadness that we announce the death of his father. Steve asked that this be shared with you, in the event that he is not able to do so, personally, at this time.

Steve,

My deepest and sincerest sympathies to you and to your entire family as well as my prayers for God to strengthen you and your family during this sorrowful time.

You have come to journey's end
Sleep now
And dream of the ones who came before
They are calling
From across the distant shore .

Children are a message that we send
to a time that we will never see.
BST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2019, 09:34 AM   #2
Titon
Retired or am I?

Special Effects Artist
Battlestar Galactica 2003
COMMAND INSIGNIACoFounder
Colonial Fleets

Default Re: Sad news

Condolences to his family.
Old January 18th, 2019, 07:54 PM   #3
Charybdis
Battlestar Callisto

So sorry to hear this.

http://bscallisto.proboards.com/index.cgi
Charybdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2019, 09:19 PM   #4
Senmut
Strike Leader

Rip
----------------------------
"You know the night before was a tough one when even the sound of the fizz hurts your head." -Mike Hammer.
Senmut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2019, 10:48 PM   #5
CBSG4ever
Warrior Ace

Location: In My Battlestar over San Diego waiting for everyone else...

First off, I want to give a huge thank you to Pete (BST) for posting this. I wasn't sure when I would be able to post something and wanted to make sure my Fleets brothers and sisters that knew me were aware of events, and he was kind enough to oblige. Thank you, brother!
I would also like to thank everyone's well-wishes and condolences. Very much appreciated.

I'd like to take a moment to give a little background. I have been assisting both my 89 yr old parents for quite a few years now. It has occupied a fair portion of my RL time. I was glad to do this. They had been without a vehicle for over a year. On Tuesday Jan 8th my dad was slightly coughing and wheezing a bit. Nothing serious. At any rate, he thought it should get checked out and so did I. We went to Urgent Care to make sure it wasn't an upper respiratory infection that would go sideways on him. All looked ok up until the Xray. It showed his left lung was filling up with fluid.

I took him to ER where he was admitted. Over the course of the week they were trying to find out why his lung was filling up. Over the weekend it was determined that dad was most likely in Stage 4 of lung cancer. He was in the hospital last November 1st -5th where he was coughing up blood. It stopped 2-3 days into his stay after withholding the blood thinners he was taking. At that time it was probably already too late, unfortunately.

Dad was given a number of options, none of which was to his liking, save one.
He chose to let nature take its course, with the help of a pain killer. On Monday Jan 14th, dad was placed on a Morphine drip to assist with any pain.
On January 16th at 9:10am, my father quietly, peacefully and painlessly passed away in the presence of a loving family and friends. I am thankful and relieved he is finally free from the pain he was going through the last few years of his life.

Personally, I cannot adequately express what my father meant to me. He was my role model, my hero and larger than life growing up. He came from very modest means from a rural background. He taught me right from wrong, the value of hard work and lessons of life. He and my mother are irreplaceable to me. Personally, I don't know how they did it! He will be sorely missed. I will try to live up to his standards that he instilled in me. Thank you dad. I shall never forget you or what you taught me. Truly an amazing man, even to the end. I lift a chalice in his honor.
See you on the other side, Pop!

Steve

"You're gonna need a bigger boat..." Chief Brody - Jaws
"Kind of a bummer gettin' your butt kicked by a dead guy" - Col. T.C. McQueen, S:AaB-(Ray Butts)
"A kind word and a 2-by-4 is better than just a kind word" - Marcus Cole, Babylon 5
"WIVES...uh...aren't we getting a little ahead of ourselves?" Starbuck - Living Legend
"Every creature in the Universe is out to exterminate us and YOU want to hire a vocal group." Boomer - Saga of a Starworld

Last edited by CBSG4ever; January 19th, 2019 at 06:34 AM..
CBSG4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2019, 02:41 PM   #6
Rhaven Blaack
Warrior

I am very sorry for your loss. I would like to convey my deepest and sincere condolences to you and your family.
Old February 3rd, 2019, 05:23 AM   #7
bsg1fan1975
Major

Sorry for your loss.

Cheese: [has tinfoil on his teeth] I have braces!
Mac: You found that on the ground, didn't you?
Cheese: Garbage can.
-episode "Mac Daddy"Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends"
bsg1fan1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2019, 06:04 AM   #8
Jubal
Warrior

You have my thoughts and prayers during this time.
Jubal is offline   Reply With Quote