Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old May 12th, 2020, 03:51 PM   #1
Dawg
Great Wise Guru

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
ColonialFleets.com
SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDCo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com
Owner/Webmaster
DirkBenedictCentral.com
Colonial Fan ForceCo-Founder
Colonial Fan Force

Default "The Ultimate Retcon"

This might be of interest to some.

http://unclejohn.home.blog/2020/05/1...ltimate-retcon

My Places:

DirkBenedictCentral.com, Facebook: Dirk Benedict Central Twitter: @DBCdotCOM Dirk's appearances: Appearances

Tombs of Kobol
Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2020, 09:37 AM   #2
Dawg
Great Wise Guru

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
ColonialFleets.com
SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDCo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com
Owner/Webmaster
DirkBenedictCentral.com
Colonial Fan ForceCo-Founder
Colonial Fan Force

Default Re: "The Ultimate Retcon"

Part 2 has been posted:

http://unclejohn.home.blog/2020/05/1...-retcon-part-2

My Places:

DirkBenedictCentral.com, Facebook: Dirk Benedict Central Twitter: @DBCdotCOM Dirk's appearances: Appearances

Tombs of Kobol
Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2020, 01:05 PM   #3
Gunstar Aries
Stubborn Colonial Warship

Thanks for sharing that Dawg. Really hits home, some things in part 2 I've been saying for years about classic BSG...

Regards,
Old May 21st, 2020, 03:23 PM   #4
Jayworld
Warrior

Wonderful two part article that sums up exactly what most of us have been saying now for 17 years (has it really been that long). I also appreciated the fact that the author stated the obvious; Universal has never been able to figure out how to handle a franchise (look at the multitudes of remakes, reboots, etc.)
Old May 19th, 2021, 05:27 PM   #5
Gundark
Shuttle Pilot

So insightfully written there, Dawg - spot on.

I am more than old enough to feel that nostalgia can be almost painful, on occasion. Sometimes when I re-watch the old episodes it hurts. Our Heroes, young, handsome, beautiful, in a story we knew & loved - and gone, it seemed, while we weren't paying enough attention.

Age is cruel.
Gundark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2021, 03:45 PM   #6
Eric Paddon
Squadron Leader

I admit I probably wouldn't write as harsh a post as I did in the comments section today as I did then for Pt. 1 because a couple things since then have helped me put lingering anger over what Moore did behind me. (1) The fine "Saga Of A Fugitive Fleet" audio drama that came out a few months ago gave us something in part that we'd always wished for which was to hear surviving cast members act the roles again even if they couldn't use the names and (2) I actually forced myself to watch the "essential" episodes of Moore for the first time in years and this time instead of feeling trembling anger, found it was easier just to laugh at how stupid and one-note everything he did was. Essentially the whole drama came down to the dumb philosophy of "all this has happened before" etc. and "which one is the Cylon?" So now I can look down on it with disdain instead of fury.
"They hate us with every fiber of their being. We love....freedom, independence, the right to question. To them it is an alien way of living."-The non-myopic wisdom of Commander Adama, "Saga Of A Star World"

"How do you tell a Communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin."-Ronald Reagan
Eric Paddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2021, 06:13 PM   #7
Gundark
Shuttle Pilot

I just ordered the audio drama from Amazon yesterday - I am anxiously looking forward to listening to it.

Other than the initial episode, which made me cry in my soup, I haven't watched any of TNS. I think I'll just put my faith in Eric's commentary and stick with my DVD's of TOS.
Gundark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2021, 09:12 PM   #8
Eric Paddon
Squadron Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundark View Post
I just ordered the audio drama from Amazon yesterday - I am anxiously looking forward to listening to it.
I think you'll enjoy it! Once you learn to accept the limitations it makes it much easier to enjoy how Daniel, the man responsible for it (who posts here) pulled this whole thing off.
"They hate us with every fiber of their being. We love....freedom, independence, the right to question. To them it is an alien way of living."-The non-myopic wisdom of Commander Adama, "Saga Of A Star World"

"How do you tell a Communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin."-Ronald Reagan
Eric Paddon is offline   Reply With Quote