Go Back   Colonial Fleets > ALTERNATE UNIVERSES > Miscellaneous Entertainment
Notices
Miscellaneous Entertainment Talk about any other shows not covered by other forums.

Old May 3rd, 2003, 06:31 AM   #1
kingfish
Strike Leader

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdministrator
Battlestar Pacifica
Battlestar Rycon

Default Something

I was watching TV Guide Channel and saw that Tremors was scheduled for last night. I was channel surfing and found out that Stargate is back on again. I wonder if tremors bit the dust?
kingfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2003, 06:37 AM   #2
LucianG
Warrior

I watched both eps of Stargate last night. As far as I'm concerned, it's generally the only thing worth watching on SciFi.

"Tilting at the SciFi windmill"
LucianG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2003, 10:28 AM   #3
GalacticanCajun
Warrior

Default Re: Something

Quote:
Originally posted by kingfish
I was watching TV Guide Channel and saw that Tremors was scheduled for last night. I was channel surfing and found out that Stargate is back on again. I wonder if tremors bit the dust?
I hope so:colwar:
GalacticanCajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2003, 10:49 AM   #4
sdoziernc1
Bad Email Address

Default Tremors on "haitus"?

I posted this on the SCIFI "Tremors" board:

No "Tremors" in May" -

That doesn't make sense. If the SciFi Channel had faith in the show's ratings performance, wouldn't the network had scheduled new episodes during the month of May, which is a sweeps period rather than removing the show off of its' schedule? Does anyone know how the show has performed since the premiere episode? Have the ratings declined or what?

I hate to say it folks, but this could be a sign of trouble.

Did they show "Scare Tactics" also last night? I heard they showed two episodes of "Stargate SG-1" but I don't know in what time slots. - end article

There's already speculation that the SciFi Channel has cancelled it and will burn off the already filmed episodes during the summer to cut their losses. That would be the only logical explanation for dropping it off the schedule during sweeps. Also, it was a mid-week unannounced change in the schedule.

They're up-in-arms over there on that board - they're already urging people to write to TNT, UPN, the WB or anyone else who might pick it up.
sdoziernc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2003, 06:48 AM   #5
kingfish
Strike Leader

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdministrator
Battlestar Pacifica
Battlestar Rycon

Default Tremors BITES The Dust

It was supposed to be new and air last night but NO dice. Stargate SG-1 was on in it's place.
kingfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2003, 04:34 PM   #6
LadyImmortal
Bad Email Address

They're showing two back to back episodes on Friday nights to get ready for the season 7 premiere in June... of course, they were both ones I had seen already - but worth watching again.

Stargate was on at 7 & 8 (CDT) and Scare Tactics (they showed a rerun already during the second half hour) at 9 & 9:30 - then started over with the two episodes of Stargate they showed at 7 & 8.

I was watching it when it was on Showtime - and wish the show was STILL on showtime, because I think they treated them better than Sci-Fi does.

Fortunately, Daniel is going to be back next season.

--Rhonda
LadyImmortal is offline   Reply With Quote