Go Back   Colonial Fleets > ALTERNATE UNIVERSES > Miscellaneous Entertainment
Notices
Miscellaneous Entertainment Talk about any other shows not covered by other forums.

Old November 7th, 2004, 01:03 PM   #1
thomas7g
out there somewhere

COMMAND INSIGNIAFormer Admin (ret)
Colonial Fleets
BattlestarGalactica-Fleets.com
Owner
Ship Of Lights Forum

Thumbs up ROBOTECH! Invasion!!!

http://www.globalstarsoftware.com/robotechinvasion/

Looks like the second Robotech game is already out! Cheap miserly Tom won't be getting until the price drops, but I am looking forward to playing it! I had alot of fun playing the Robotech Battlecry game. And I hope this will be as good.

For those who don't know, Robotech was a popular american version of a japanese cartoon in the 80s. And this game covers the third chapter where earth was conquered and our offworld forces launched a campaign to free it.

minor spoiler regarding how the game begins.
Spoiler

You start out as a nameless soldier with the returning Earth Expeditionary Force. Earth has been invaded by the alien Invid and conquered. YOu are part of the force to reinvade earth and liberate it. Before the gameplay starts you are captured by the invid who do genetic experiments on you, then tosses out your body like refuse. You eventually find the body of a soldier and you don his armor. The name on the armor is "Locke" and that is your name throughout the game.

Sofar it looks like all the invid types are in there. I'm looking forward to blowing away lots of the stormtrooper variety. (the purple ones)

From what I can tell, the game is mostly played with the transformable cyclone armor. You can switch back and forth between the cyclone powrsuit armor to the cyclone motorcycle. When you are in powersuit mode the game plays alot like your typical 1st person shooter. The game I hear has some similarity to Halo when you aren't riding your bike. You can only carry one spare secondary weapon at a time. But you have a main weapon that upgrades during the game. And the cyclone armor/motorbike itself can upgrade.

This game feature ONLINE play. WIth up to 8 people participating. So that may be fun!

Anyways, when the price drops, I hope to play with some of you in the first Colonial Fleet defense of the Earth from the Invids!

gamemaker website:
http://www.globalstarsoftware.com/robotechinvasion/

reviews:
http://ps2.ign.com/objects/567/567007.html
http://ps2.gamespy.com/playstation-2.../533778p1.html

sample movie:
http://media.ps2.gamespy.com/media/5...07/vids_1.html

"There is a meaning for wings that can not fly!
Its a precious memory of when you once flew in the sky."
thomas7g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2004, 06:04 PM   #2
warhammerdriver
Bad Email Address

Never much cared for the cyclones in the cartoon. I preferred the version that had the transformable fighters resembling F-14s (I think they called them Veritechs). FASA later "borrowed" the image and coverted them to the Stinger/Wasp/Valkyrie series of LAMs (Land Air 'Mechs).

Even my Warhammer was originally in Robotech with a different name and armament.
warhammerdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2004, 05:35 PM   #3
David Kerin
Warrior Ace

Colonial Fan ForceArtist
Colonial Fan Force
SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDBattlestar Galactica
Revivalist

For me, the "New Generation" or Invid storyline was one of my favorites in Robotech. Liked the characters, and the situation. Desolated earth, few freedom fighters remaining.

Also thought the Invid designs were great.

Can't wait to try out a cycle!
David Kerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2004, 05:39 PM   #4
Aeneas
Warrior

They don't have the Veritech Alpha & Beta fighters in this one? Damn!! Although the Cyclones are cool, it just kills the joy of being a fighter jock..