Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old November 30th, 2003, 09:54 PM   #1
ojai22
Dancing Viper Queen

Veteran
Fleets Warrior

Default Open Letter To Kristi

Kristi,

I think I've solved the problem. Some background first. Quite a while ago you and I exchanged many emails about some emails you said you received through the SciFi BBoard. They were from people you knew, and they apparently threatened you to the extent that you were terribly afraid. I finally got from you who these people were and couldn't believe it. I literary begged you to talk to these folks and you said you were too afraid because of what they had written. This happened during a very upsetting time on the SciFi Board. The clones had taken over the board and were posting about ten insane posts to every one of ours. It was madness.

Then you told me that Ken and some others whom I've forgotten had attacked you on the board because of a poll that was being taken, but I don't remember what the poll was for. Perhaps for a prequel. You were adamant in your stance against what was happening, as was I. When you told me about Ken attacking you on the board, I did remember the poll, so I went to the archives and found it. What I found was clearly different from what you said. Ken had replied to your post as nicely as he does to everyone, and so had David Kerin. They had disagreed with you but it was ever so polite.

At that time I didn't know what to think, so did nothing more. A few days ago when dvo made his unfortunate threat, it brought it all back for you and out into the open, which is where it should have been all along. And I've discovered something that I didn't know. A long time ago I received an email through the SciFi Board and when I hit reply I found I couldn't reply to it, and no email addy was evident. That's why I thought that was how it happened when you receive an email through their board. I have found out differently.

Today I went to the archives again to look for a handle that was emailable. I chose Stallion Cornell. I typed in TShawnHardy, and put in OWD's email addy, then explained in the text that it was really from me, that I was doing a test, and would he please forward the email to me if he received it. Then I tried sending one to SC from RGrant. RG's email had been changed since then so I left SC's name and typed in MY email addy as the sender. It still went out!

Ray got it and forwarded to me. My email addy is right there on the screen. Do you see what happened, Kristi? One of the trolls sent you emails in OWD's and RG's names and threatened you into paralysis. At this writing I have not heard from Stallion Cornell, but he may be away for a long week-end. Here's the email I sent to RGrant which he forwarded to me.
========================================
----------
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2003 09:43:15 -0800 (PST)
To: StallionCornell <skxxxxxxe.net>
Subject: Re: TEST

Lorena, did you write down your skxxxx email address,
because it's viewable on my screen.

--- StallionCornell <skxxxxxxe.net> wrote:
> Dear RGrant,
>
> A test from the SciFi Channel.
>
> This is from Lorena,
>
>
>
> This message came from your post on The Dominion
> BBoard at
>
"http://www.scifi.com/bboard/browse.cgi/xxxxxxxxxxxx.

=====================================

At this point I went back to the archives to find your original post. It's been a long time, but as I recall, you started the thread and Ken, David and a couple of others replied. It is no longer there. I can't find it anywhere. There is a section where you don't post much and your handle changed to being un-emailable. The SciFi Channel would have to have deleted a section of the board that involved the poll, and your thread went with it. I can't imagine why they would do that but the thread isn't there, or at least I can't find it.

Now for the good part. I went back to the archives to send you an email through the SciFi Board. I typed in OWD's name and email addy and sent it to you. You not only received it but have forwarded it to me. Here is a copy of it with the email addys xxx'd out. There are three of them.

===========================
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2003 23:11:47 EST
To: sxxxxxxxxe.net
Subject: Fwd: Kristi, It's me - Lorey

I got this

"wake me up inside. call my name and save me from the dark. bid my blood to run before I come undone. save me from the nothing I've become. bring me to life."
-Evanescence

Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2003 19:44:22 -0500 (EST)
To: Dxxxxxxxxxxxxl.com (MedievalSong)
Subject: Kristi, It's me - Lorey

Dear MedievalSong,

Kristi, I'm sending you this as a TEST from the Scifi Board.
I've typed in OWD's name and email addy so it will look like
he's the one sending it. I have been running this test all
week-end and should be ready to post soon about my
conclusions.

Please don't talk about this yet, I want to explain it in full.
This is ojai22. Shawn doesn't even know I'm
sending it. When you receive this please forward it to me at
ny own addy - sxxxxxxxxe.net.

Thanks........ojai22

-------------------------------------------------------------------
This message came from your post on The Dominion BBoard at "http://www.scifi.com/bboard/browse.cgi/1/5xxxxxxxxxx".
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2003 23:12:29 EST
Subject: Re: It's me again, from Outlook Express

you found out who did this to me???

"wake me up inside. call my name and save me from the dark. bid my blood to run before I come undone. save me from the nothing I've become. bring me to life."
-Evanescence
-----------------------------------------------------------

Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2003 23:12:54 EST
Subject: Fwd: NOT Ray Grant, Kristi

i was scared to open this to be honest

-Evanescence

Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2003 19:51:05 -0500 (EST)
To: Dxxxxxxxxxxxl.com (MedievalSong)
Subject: NOT Ray Grant, Kristi

Dear MedievalSong,

It's me again, Kristi. I clicked on your emailable handle in the
archives and put in Ray's name and email addy. I've even
sent one to StallionCornell from Ray with MY email addy.
This is truly crazy.

Told you those guys didn't do it!! Forward this to me, please
so I can see the heading and everything.

Take care.......ojai22

---------------------------------------

Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2003 23:12:00 EST
To: sxxxxxxxe.net.
Subject: Fwd:

huh?

-Evanescence

Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2003 19:39:42 -0500 (EST)
To: Dxxxxxxxxxxxxxl.com (MedievalSong)

Dear MedievalSong,

--------------------------------------------------------------------
This message came from your post on The Dominion BBoard at "http://www.scifi.com/bboard/browse.cgixxxxxxxxxxxxx.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
===================================================

Do you see what happened, Kristi? It was the work of an ill-meaning person or persons, who kept you from enjoying the friendships of those people you've worked beside for years. You don't need to continue to harbor that dread that has surely restrained you from participating in the BSG fandom as much as you would have liked.

Let's say it's a given that a troll sent you those emails threatening you to get you to vote their way, or just out of a sick mind, which scared you half to death. In that frame of mind you read Ken's and David's posts and your fear took it from there. I remember that you seemed too scared to talk to OWD and RGrant to ask them if they sent you the threats. You would only say they came through the SciFi Channel, so they had to be real. I kept insisting those men would never do that. You were too afraid to listen. You know, your thread that started this discussion was about Richard, and the only mistake I can see that he made was to trust the SciFi Channel to keep their word. I don't think the people running that station can be trusted.

I hope this clears up the misunderstanding and fear that you have lived with for so long. Dvo's joke was in bad taste, which he has acknowledged to you personally, but it served to bring this out into the light and hopefully, belay your terror that some of the fans in this group are stalking you. An important point, Kristi. Should you get any more threatening emails DON'T DELETE THEM. Check them out first. We can determine if they came from the persons who are claiming to have sent them.

Somewhere, someone is laughing his head off. Don't let him laugh at you any longer.

Be at Peace.

ojai22
Old November 30th, 2003, 10:48 PM   #2
DarkJedi
Bad Email Address

FORUM STAFFVeteran
Fleets Officer

Lorey,

You have taken my horror and made a mystery of it. And like Sherlock Holmes you tackled this. I don't know how you did it, but I thank you. I did not know it was so easy to get a hold of someone's password. This is very disturbing to know this! But it's a huge relief to know someone figured part of it out. Thing is - who was it really that sent them? That part, I fear will remain the mystery and the fear still remains.

Thank you again Lorey.

Kristi
DarkJedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2003, 10:58 PM   #3
ojai22
Dancing Viper Queen

Veteran
Fleets Warrior

Kristi,

It was probably one of the trolls, or someone at the SciFi Channel. Try to let go of the fear, as I think whoever did it just laughed and walked away. Don't carry the scars from that idiot. They aren't worth it.

Happy to have been of help. :-))

ojai22

BTW I didn't use a password. Just put in a name and email addy. Really weird!
Old November 30th, 2003, 11:09 PM   #4
DarkJedi
Bad Email Address

FORUM STAFFVeteran
Fleets Officer

OMG - thats even freakier! Geez *shakes head* thats just freaky. Only time will ease the fear. But thanks a million times for figuring it out.

I could hug you!

Kristi
Old November 30th, 2003, 11:40 PM   #5
jewels
Stablemaster, Livery Ship

FORUM STAFFFleet Modertor
Colonial Fleets

Ojai, Awesome detective work.

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." Malcolm Reynolds [/color]

"We don't dictate to countries, we liberate countries." Mitt Romney [/color]
jewels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2003, 11:57 PM   #6
oldwardaggit
You old war daggit!

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner/Webmaster
RadioGalactica

At the time, the clones were doing some pretty drastic things against us. We were quite the team and I would say that they were looking to break that team up.

I'm not sure why people stoop so low but I have always said that some one doesn't spend all that time doing so much and going to such drastic measures for a show that was barely announced at the time, for nothing.

Make no mistake about it, this mini was and still is someones bread and butter.

That's just my take on it.

Kristi, you had my back so many times and came in with the troops to save my neck quite a few times . I told you that I would never forget that and that still stands. I thank you for that.

By the way, I think the only time I ever used the sci fi channel bboard for emailing, was when I was sending out invites to the post-athons.

Talk to you Later my friends.
OWD

OWD
oldwardaggit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2003, 12:46 AM   #7
thomas7g
out there somewhere

COMMAND INSIGNIAFormer Admin (ret)
Colonial Fleets
BattlestarGalactica-Fleets.com
Owner
Ship Of Lights Forum

I don''t know RGrant personally, but he has always been honest and above anything like threats or conspiracies.

I know OWD pretty well, and he is a kind gentleman. You can trust in that.

I know Ken personally and I KNOW he would never do anything bad. He's a good person, a good father, and loyal friend of BG.

"There is a meaning for wings that can not fly!
Its a precious memory of when you once flew in the sky."
thomas7g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2003, 06:54 AM   #8
larocque6689
Warrior

Default Ojai is absolutely right

One of the "features" of SciFi Channel software is that you can actually fill in who you want your recipient to think the letter is coming from. This is a crude form of identity theft, but it is entirely possible, as you pointed out. I noticed it myself when I attempted to contact Raoul_Duke (probably Ted) during the period when Raoul and S2K3 (i.e. Scooter) were trolling Scooter's new board.

This bug in Sciffy's software may also explain how some letters came to TwoBrain. He received hate-mail from Bluespringsbelle, which may not have originated from her handle. It's possible that someone had used this form of identity theft to send hate mail to Two-Brain by sending a letter using the Sciffy software to one of Two-Brain's sciffy messages where the email handle was mailable. If this is what happened then whoever composed the letter had written Bluespringsbelle's email address into the Sciffy from field.
Old December 1st, 2003, 07:55 AM   #9
jewels
Stablemaster, Livery Ship

FORUM STAFFFleet Modertor
Colonial Fleets

The more we find out how these guys work: the more I think they are too sophisticated with their computer knowledge for anyone else's good.

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." Malcolm Reynolds [/color]

"We don't dictate to countries, we liberate countries." Mitt Romney [/color]
jewels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2003, 07:56 AM   #10
larocque6689
Warrior

Default Kristi's post

Found it, Kristi.

http://bboard.scifi.com/bboard/brows.../5/3315/317855

"GIVE ME CONTINUATION OR GIVE ME NOTHING AT ALL!!!!!!!!"

Michae lent credence to the idea that TrekLord was connected to Universal, and Ted has intimated that there were connections to the Universal videogame division. I can't confirm if either is true. What I am sure of however - is that TrekLord was another handle of the Milton Collective (i.e. Ted) and that it had no effect whatsoever on the RDM production.

I agree with Ronald D. Moore - the poll was a fraud.
Old December 1st, 2003, 08:14 AM   #11
ojai22
Dancing Viper Queen

Veteran
Fleets Warrior

I think the answer is simply don't make your handle emailable at the SciFi board. It's turned into a place of mischief, and to my thinking not worth it. Any of us can be reached at other boards.

Jewls, thanks, all in a day's work!

Though I should add a friend tipped me off as to how it might have been done. Thanks to him.

ojai22

Last edited by ojai22; December 1st, 2003 at 08:47 AM..
ojai22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2003, 09:18 AM   #12
ojai22
Dancing Viper Queen

Veteran
Fleets Warrior

Default Re: Kristi's post

Quote:
Originally posted by larocque6689
Found it, Kristi.

http://bboard.scifi.com/bboard/brows.../5/3315/317855

"GIVE ME CONTINUATION OR GIVE ME NOTHING AT ALL!!!!!!!!"
That's it, larocque! I was looking farther back for it. That's the thread Kristi was talking about. There was a lot of hoopla at the time of the poll. Continuation was not a choice and a few of us refused to vote for anything else, simply because we didn't want any of the choices offered.

Thanks for finding this. Looks like they didn't delete it after all. My mistaken assumption.
Old December 1st, 2003, 09:44 AM   #13
larocque6689
Warrior

One of the other naysayers against TrekLord was "plutonium1" who also called it a fraud. Plutoninum1 even tore into Michael over the insiders who told him the poll was authentic.

There were trolling incidents against this handle in late January, which led to the ridiculous notion that his handle was stolen. One theory is that those who cloned and spoofed plutonium's handle through its variations and those who gave credence to the "handle theft" charge (e.g. Scooter) were trying to discredit the handle.

The other theory is that plutonium1 is actually Scooter under one of his handles on the board.

Some of plutonium1's posts were fairly accurate. He did however claim his handle was stolen. Since that charge has no merit, I'm now now leaning that Scooter was plutonium1.

Last edited by larocque6689; December 1st, 2003 at 11:04 AM..
larocque6689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2003, 09:08 AM   #14
TwoBrainedCylon
Imperious Leader

COMMAND INSIGNIAFounder
Cylon.org

I always believed plutonium1 was Scooter. It fits his other games and the writing sounded like him. I actually don't care either way.

Raoul Duke is largely a joint handle IMO but is connected more with Scooter than Ted.

This may explain the rather vicious hate-mail I've gotten from Beth. It may also explain the other rash of hate mail I've gotten from the G2003.net folks. I can see where this could be someone trying to flame up some more fights for their own sick entertainment.

Pretty sad bunch of folks overall.

Two-Brain
Old December 2nd, 2003, 09:13 AM   #15
Raymar3d
Demonslayer
Vulcan Torturer

SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDDigital Artist
BG: The Second Coming
Special Effects Artist
Battlestar Galactica 2003

Default To Kristy

Hi,

Hope you are okay. I don't know if you read the TV Guide article, but it sure says things I know Richard said and had edited out. You can even see Bonnie Hammer trying to spin Edward James Olmos' comments in it.

http://www.tvguide.com/tv/coverstory/031201b.asp

Take care,

Ken
Raymar3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2003, 01:26 PM   #16
Micheleh
Watashiwa Shin no Noir

Veteran
Fleets Warrior
SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDFormer Assistant
Richard Hatch

This clarifies something for me, as well. I was one of the only people here at the time to speak out against the poll- telling people to be careful, look at the facts, not vote how they're told, etc.... it was right after that that Mark put me on his hit list.
Micheleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2003, 03:27 PM   #17
Viper4
Bad Email Address

This just reaffirms my opinion to just avoid the Sci-Fi boards altogether.
Viper4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2003, 08:44 PM   #18
DarkJedi
Bad Email Address

FORUM STAFFVeteran
Fleets Officer

Oh man.... that brings back memories... some not so good ones. Can I wish that never happened?

Kristi
Old December 2nd, 2003, 08:56 PM   #19
ojai22
Dancing Viper Queen

Veteran
Fleets Warrior

Wish what happened?

Old December 2nd, 2003, 08:59 PM   #20
amberstar
Strike Leader

Only if we could wish it away......... That would make all of our days brighter!

Amber
Old December 2nd, 2003, 09:03 PM   #21
DarkJedi
Bad Email Address

FORUM STAFFVeteran
Fleets Officer

I wish that poll never happened and all the fall out that came from it. And who is this Laroque person? And why do they seem to know where all my posts are on the scifi.com board? Kinda freaking me out....

Kristi
Old December 2nd, 2003, 09:05 PM   #22
jjrakman

Ahh, think of Laroque as a investigator. He's the writer of the Kobol archives and from what I understand used to own Kobol.com. He stepped out of fandom for a while, and when he came back he didn't know about all the Clone Wars. So he started investigating all the past posts on the Skiffy board to get some sense of history of all of this, and to figure out cvertain people's motivations. He's a good guy.
Old December 2nd, 2003, 09:10 PM   #23
DarkJedi
Bad Email Address

FORUM STAFFVeteran
Fleets Officer

ok... since you know him and trust him...I will let my guard down. Sorry just after all that has happened...its kinda freaky! And its like hang on...I remember what I posted over there and I don't remember being too bad of a jedi... :laugh: eh I have been known to be wrong... *ahem*

walking on eggshells is not fun... remind me never to do this again...

Kristi
Old December 2nd, 2003, 09:12 PM   #24
jjrakman

Yeah I know what you mean. Sometimes it's hard to tell what is real and what is not and you get confused sometimes. Been there. But if you still have concerns, I'm sure if you PM'd him in a nice way he'd be happy to respond to you and answer any concerns you may have.
Old December 2nd, 2003, 09:15 PM   #25
DarkJedi
Bad Email Address

FORUM STAFFVeteran
Fleets Officer

Thanks JJ - you rock!

Kristi
Old December 2nd, 2003, 09:18 PM   #26
jjrakman

I do rock, don't I?

And back atcha!
Old December 2nd, 2003, 09:29 PM   #27
DarkJedi
Bad Email Address

FORUM STAFFVeteran
Fleets Officer

Awww... shucks!

For that you get to be attacked by my army!!! :wink:

ATTACK MY BOUNCING ARMY!!!!!!!! :laugh:

Old December 2nd, 2003, 09:33 PM   #28
larocque6689
Warrior

Kristi

The short of it is this. I've been a member of online fandom since 1992. In 1994 I authored the BSG FAQ - which is more or less my claim to faim around fandom. With Mark Heiman, I provided him with nearly all the content that evolved into the VERY FIRST (and for the longest time the VERY BEST) Battlestar Galactica website which he later renamed Kobol.com and sold to Chris Pappas.

I was a fairly active member of the old BSG-theme mailing list from 1994 to 2000, withdrawing from fandom with the Desanto annoucement and then retiring nearly for good with the RDM annoucement. I owe my current interest and "comeback" to none other than Edward James Olmos.

My interest in scouring the sciffy board? I got burned by two people in my return this year. The first is Ted. The second is Scooter. (Sorry, Languatron is an aftertought).

Some people take out their anger differently than others. After the CF incident, I went on an information hunting expedition and in scouring the board I wound up essentially writing a history of the Clone Wars (which I sadly missed out on) and all the other fun. My focus was to burn off all the residual anger associated largely with Mark. Since these a$$clowns refuse to go away, I perodically revisit what I have - sometimes exchanging notes with Sandy - and blast away when needed. I can't quite smell troublemakers like other double-brained members, but I'm learning fairly quickly.

I love Battlestar. That's all you really need to know about me. Feel free to PM me here or at the Alilance where I usually hang out.

Click on these two links and you'll learn a lot about me (at least with respect to BSG):
http://members.tripod.com/john_larocque/bsg.html
http://www.kobol.com/archives/index.html
Old December 2nd, 2003, 09:37 PM   #29
DarkJedi
Bad Email Address

FORUM STAFFVeteran
Fleets Officer

You have a PM.... here .

Kristi
Old December 2nd, 2003, 10:34 PM   #30
jjrakman