Go Back   Colonial Fleets > ALTERNATE UNIVERSES > Miscellaneous Entertainment
Notices
Miscellaneous Entertainment Talk about any other shows not covered by other forums.

Old July 18th, 2005, 01:17 PM   #1
Gemini1999
Strike Leader

FORUM STAFFFleet Moderator
Colonial Fleets

Default The 4400 - "Life Interrupted"

Did anyone see this episode last night?

I think that it was the best one of the new season...! It started out confusing, but it got really good once it got going.

The lead character of Tom Baldwin (Joel Gretsch) finds himself in an alternate reality where the incidents surrounding The 4400 have never taken place. All of the 4400 people that were taken by aliens, instead, have never been abducted and their lives went on. The only thing that hasn't changed for Baldwin is his job and his partner, Diana.

Tom Baldwin's son, instead of being in a coma for 4 years, is graduating medical school to become a doctor and life is as normal as can be. Tom also finds that he's got a new wife - that he's never met before. Tom tries to find clues as to what happened and how he got into this new "life". Quite a bit of time goes by for Tom - the span of 8 years before he finds out the truth of what's happening.

As it turns out, his new "wife" is one of The 4400 and all of this new life is an illusion created by her (I wasn't clear on the reason). Tom has actually experienced a large portion of his new life in a very short time, but makes the decision to go back to reality even though his new life is a rosy one. Tom keeps one legacy from his dream reality - the woman he fell in love with.

The episode was written by Ira Steven Behr (from Star Trek: Deep Space Nine).

I really liked the episode quite a bit - it was an excellent script and Joel Gretsch covered the gamut of emotions from laughter to tears in a way that really reminded me of how good an actor he can be when the material is top notch.

Trek fans will probably make the comparison to the TNG episode "Inner Light" where Picard lives an entire life on an alien world in the span of a few minutes due to an alien probe putting him in a short coma. The premise was very effective then and it still works just as effectively in this case.

If you missed it, "Life Interrupted" will be rebroadcast on Thursday, July 21st.

Best to all,
Bryan

"If you love long enough, wish hard enough, anything is possible" - From The Boy Who Could Fly
Gemini1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2005, 02:53 PM   #2
Krystal
Bad Email Address

Cool

I see it and really enjoy it. It was a great episode as you say at first it was very confusing. But definitely very entertaining. Although I have to admit that Season 2 have my attention since the beginning. I just love the series. And looking forward to know more about the mysteries: Collier's "death" , Kyle's blackout meanings and mostly Isabelle. That one I don't understand at all, wonder is she's with the 4400 or against them.

Krystal
Krystal is offline   Reply With Quote