Go Back   Colonial Fleets > ALTERNATE UNIVERSES > Miscellaneous Entertainment
Notices
Miscellaneous Entertainment Talk about any other shows not covered by other forums.

Old December 30th, 2003, 12:32 PM   #1
dvo47p
Bad Email Address

Default Classic Scifi Movies On Tcm

http://www.turnerclassicmovies.com/S...rint/1,,1-2004|0,00.html

January 2004
All Times Eastern

1 Thursday

4:00 PM The Golden Voyage Of Sinbad (1973) Sinbad battles a fiendish magician and his many monsters. John Phillip Law, Caroline Munro, Tom Baker. D: Gordon Hessler. C 105m. LBX

6:00 PM Sinbad And The Eye Of The Tiger (1977) When a witch turns a young prince into a baboon, Sinbad fights to save him. Patrick Wayne, Taryn Power, Jane Seymour. D: Sam Wanamaker. C 113m. LBX

8:00 PM The Time Machine (1960) A turn-of-the-century inventor sends himself into the future to save humanity. Rod Taylor, Yvette Mimieux, Alan Young. D: George Pal. C 103m. LBX CC DVS

10:00 PM Soylent Green (1973) A future cop uncovers the deadly secret behind a mysterious synthetic food. Charlton Heston, Edward G. Robinson, Leigh Taylor-Young. D: Richard Fleischer. C 97m. LBX CC

1:30 AM Metropolis (1927) In this silent film, a city of the future is threatened with destruction when a wealthy corporate leader enlists a mad scientist to put down labor reformers. Brigitte Helm, Alfred Abel, Rudolf Klein-Rogge. D: Fritz Lang. BW 123m.

3 Saturday
4:00 PM 20 Million Miles To Earth (1957) A crashed spaceship unleashes a rapidly growing monster from Venus. William Hopper, Joan Taylor, Frank Puglia. D: Nathan Juran. BW 83m. LBX

24 Saturday
6:00 PM Forbidden Planet (1956) A group of space troopers investigates the destruction of a colony on a remote planet. Walter Pidgeon, Anne Francis, Leslie Nielsen. D: Fred M. Wilcox. C 99m. LBX

For you mentally challenged, Metropolis is CC!
dvo47p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2003, 02:06 PM   #2
Muffit
Muff Daggy

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner:
Colonial Fleets

Thanks Dvo... hey, why isn't this SciFI's lineup?
Muffit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2003, 03:27 PM   #3
octagon
Shuttle Pilot

All those shows you listed are better than 99% of the drivel that is spewn from the entertainment industry now. Those Sinbad movies are "da bomb". Ray Harryhausen is the master!

TCM has far surpassed AMC as the quintessential "classic" cable/satellite channel. AMC is now nothing more than TNT with old shows.
octagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2003, 03:31 PM   #4
octagon
Shuttle Pilot

Quote:
Originally posted by Muffit
Thanks Dvo... hey, why isn't this SciFI's lineup?
Bonnie Hammer is taking her programming orders from John Edward :tongue:
octagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2003, 04:21 PM   #5
Muffit
Muff Daggy

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner:
Colonial Fleets

Hi Octagon and Dvo! Yeah, I have been a long time AMC fan, but more and more lately I have been tuning into TCM. There were some /incredible/ scripts for those old B/W shows.

Not long ago, my spouse and I watched our very first silent movie on TCM - the original (and best so I've heard) Phantom of the Opera, starring the "man of a thousand faces", Lon Chaney Sr. I was really amazed, they really learned to do alot without sound. I don't think I could make a regular viewing habit out of the silent ones, but I sure thought it was neat that we had the priviledge of seeing something so well preserved, a real piece of Americana.

Cheers!
Muffit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2003, 05:33 PM   #6
dvo47p
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Originally posted by Muffit Thanks Dvo... hey, why isn't this SciFi’s lineup?
Oh Muffit you are Married! My heart is broken, so back to Lorena.

Oh yeah quality Muffit, The Scifi Cannel and quality are two ships that pasted in the night years ago, in another Ocean. The SS Scifi was sold to Vivendi Universal they sent to be scrapped.

Quote:
Originally posted by octagon
All those shows you listed are better than 99% of the drivel that is spawn from the entertainment industry now. Those Sinbad movies are "da bomb". Ray Harryhausen is the master!

TCM has far surpassed AMC as the quintessential "classic" cable/satellite channel. AMC is now nothing more than TNT with old shows.
AMC has ADS, also

TCM was part of TBS, which owned TNT, so don't give 'em as in AOL/TimeWarner any ideas!

Quote:
Originally posted by Muffit
Hi Octagon and Dvo! Yeah, I have been a long time AMC fan, but more and more lately I have been tuning into TCM. There were some /incredible/ scripts for those old B/W shows.

Not long ago, my spouse and I watched our very first silent movie on TCM - the original (and best so I've heard) Phantom of the Opera, starring the "man of a thousand faces", Lon Chaney Sr. I was really amazed, they really learned to do Alot without sound. I don't think I could make a regular viewing habit out of the silent ones, but I sure thought it was neat that we had the privilege of seeing something so well preserved, a real piece of Americana.

Cheers!
Hello Mrs. Muffit use that TCM email service to program your VCR, it's in that link in the first post if not email me.
dvo47p is offline   Reply With Quote