Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old November 29th, 2006, 07:00 AM   #1
Wildcard

Default could Baltar be a clone?

during "Saga of a Star World" we see Imperious Leader order Baltars execution and what appears to be the Centurions sword decapitating the said Baltar. He's dead. But then he re-appears in the ep "Lost Planet of the Gods". So this is my question, is the Baltar we see throughout the remaining episodes possibly a clone?

We know that the Cylons have full access to Dr. Ravishols theta-clone research and facilities. Is it possible that after the death of Imperious Leader at Carillion the Cylons decided that they may still have a need for a Baltar?
Old November 29th, 2006, 07:40 AM   #2
Dawg
Great Wise Guru

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
ColonialFleets.com
SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDCo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com
Owner/Webmaster
DirkBenedictCentral.com
Colonial Fan ForceCo-Founder
Colonial Fan Force

You are confusing the movie version with the TV version, Wildcard.

In the movie, Baltar dies. In the TV version, he is spared, then the Imperious Leader is killed, and the new IP sends him after the Galactica.

Late for work now. 'Later.

I am
Dawg

My Places:

DirkBenedictCentral.com, Facebook: Dirk Benedict Central Twitter: @DBCdotCOM Dirk's appearances: Appearances

Tombs of Kobol
Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2006, 08:17 AM   #3
Wildcard

actually I think the novelization may have me more confused than anything.
Old November 30th, 2006, 01:06 AM   #4
Pegasus4
Bad Email Address

he is taken out in the novel kicking and screaming and Impy plans his next move as he awaits word of the traitor's beheading. Except in passing by Adama, Baltar is not mentioned again.

The 3rd book The Tombs of Kobol is based on Lost Planets of the Gods. It starts out with Baltar about to lose his head to a Cylon with a BIG axe that the Cylon deliberately sharpens slowly. They're living beings in armor and take pleasure in killing. Lucifer, an ambulatory servant robot and not an IL, stops it and saves Baltar and brings him to Impy (same one, he didn't go boom at Carillon) who spares him.

The 2 eps are better than the books.

The Tv version of the Cylon pulling out and then resheathing his sword is just the footage from the movie version stopping then reversing with Impy doing a new voice over saying later with a stock footage shot of Baltar.

Baltar is not a clone. The difference in that scene between movie and tv release is typical 1978 television.
Pegasus4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2006, 01:16 PM   #5
Lara
Squadron Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcard
We know that the Cylons have full access to Dr. Ravishols theta-clone research and facilities. Is it possible that after the death of Imperious Leader at Carillion the Cylons decided that they may still have a need for a Baltar?
While the difference between the Theatrical release and the TV release explains the change of plan on killing the cheif villan, I've often pondered if the Cylons would use Ravishol's clone technology. I believe they have no use for cloning humans, since humans are pests in their eyes with too many subversive ideas, and they probably have access via the empire to more durable species for slave work (something that was only touched on in the series..)

Now, perhaps Baltar would use it to put a copy of himself somewhere safe, IF his ego would not allow such a challenge (and they may compete, machievallian-style)

Cheers,
Lara
Old December 4th, 2006, 05:06 AM   #6
kingfish
Strike Leader

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdministrator
Battlestar Pacifica
Battlestar Rycon

In the novelization of Tombs of Kobol it was suggested that Baltar’s head might have been saved and placed on a cylon body.
kingfish is offline   Reply With Quote