Go Back   Colonial Fleets > ALTERNATE UNIVERSES > Miscellaneous Entertainment
Notices
Miscellaneous Entertainment Talk about any other shows not covered by other forums.

Old December 6th, 2004, 11:47 AM   #1
Megoman
Bad Email Address

Default Greatest American Hero DVD News

TVshowsondvd.com is reporting that season one will be released on Febuary 8, 2005. That's one of the shows I voted for.

Last edited by Megoman; December 7th, 2004 at 08:16 PM..
Megoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2004, 02:15 PM   #2
gmd3d
Major

the greatest american hero, I remember that show, it was a lot of fun.
I will have to watch out for that. the star was william kitt??
thanks for the info Megoman

"The world is my country, science my religion.”
gmd3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2004, 04:18 PM   #3
Haveke

Default Greatest American Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by potemkin
the greatest american hero, I remember that show, it was a lot of fun.
I will have to watch out for that. the star was william kitt??
thanks for the info Megoman

Good Show... Ralf (Willam Katt) was just starting to get a Hand on His Powers...
Had a Rather Short Run in MHO, Must've Been another Show to Fall to the Ax of the ABC Execs...
Old December 6th, 2004, 08:38 PM   #4
braxiss
Major

now there's a show i haven't thought about in years

it really was a great show
Old December 7th, 2004, 08:07 PM   #5
Megoman
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haveke
Good Show... Ralf (Willam Katt) was just starting to get a Hand on His Powers...
Had a Rather Short Run in MHO, Must've Been another Show to Fall to the Ax of the ABC Execs...

ABC pulled the plug halfway through the 1982-83 season, so there were several "first run" syndicated episodes. Oddly enough the 2 hour pilot episode wasn't included in the syndication package, but the "Greatest American Heroine" pilot(which NBC turned down in 1986) was included when the series was sold to FX back in 1995. I've been hoping TVLand would pick this show up. On a side note, William Katt was one of the actors who originally auditioned for the role of Luke Skywalker. A brief clip of Mr. Katt's audition is featured in the documentary Empire Of Dreams(on the fourth disc of the original SW Trilogy DVD set).
Megoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2004, 01:40 AM   #6
Haveke

Superman/Smallville Greatest American Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megoman
ABC pulled the plug halfway through the 1982-83 season, so there were several "first run" syndicated episodes. Oddly enough the 2 hour pilot episode wasn't included in the syndication package, but the "Greatest American Heroine" pilot(which NBC turned down in 1986) was included when the series was sold to FX back in 1995. I've been hoping TVLand would pick this show up. On a side note, William Katt was one of the actors who originally auditioned for the role of Luke Skywalker. A brief clip of Mr. Katt's audition is featured in the documentary Empire Of Dreams(on the fourth disc of the original SW Trilogy DVD set).
Yeah, I was able get a Pretty Good Recording of the Pilot Movie Back in 2000 ... I think it was on ABC Family Cable Channel... Not Too Sure What they are calling themselves these Days though...

Seems he just couldn't Hold onto the Instruction Manuel... If I Remember Correctly, the Aliens Gave Him a New One; but he Lost that One Too... The ONLY Problem I Had with the Red Suit was those Stupid Slippers!!

I Guess that Show was intended to be a "What Not to Do"... if you want to be a Successful Super Hero...

Haveke