Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old September 27th, 2005, 07:24 AM   #31
Tabitha
Bad Email Address

Thanks for the site addy, I did go there and I will play there if they let me.
Hey I just found out about the final straw that killed the GINO side here. Wow, I was gonna reply to a topic when it said I was restricted, I was like, what?!?!? But then I got the e-mails and they sorta explained what I was feeling anyhows. Yea, I agree, any show that makes out that bad things done to people *I dont wanna glorify or in any way bring attention to the events, they dont merit it* should be rejected. I was offended, but I just htought it was cus Im a girl. Oh I finally did get to see it, and I shut it off and deleted it. Im SO glad I went to cheer my Devils on to beat OSU, rather than watch that crap. (Can we say crap on here?) I guess I did, well if not Im sure someone will send me something saying dont do that again ahahahah
Well, as Bush 41 said, "Your time has come..." and it did and it went. I AM SO GLAD I SAW THE LIGHT, before this day. I dont know if I could have held my head up and supported that show after this, its so much easier to be on the right side, the side that stands for moral decensy, for clarity of character, and for good BSG!!!!!

Tabitha
Tabitha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2005, 03:21 PM   #32
LadyImmortal
Bad Email Address

IF we'll let you? Of course we'll let you. Get over there and make a character and I'll 'introduce' you to the storyline leaders .

I don't tend to write in the storylines anymore - I don't have time to keep up with them - but I write on that site when there's something to say <G>.

--Rhonda (not shy!)
LadyImmortal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2005, 08:09 AM   #33
Tabitha
Bad Email Address

Thanks Lady, I will, lately the Dr has us hopping. I took off last weekend to cheerlead the ASU/OSU game, but by the time the bus got here to pick us up, some of the girls had left, so we ended up just watching it, but still it was a great game. So this weekend Im doing my intership hours as well as working, Im afraid cheer scholorships dont pay the bills so well...

tabbi
Old September 28th, 2005, 05:44 PM   #34
LadyImmortal
Bad Email Address

Know that feeling - Marching Band never really paid the bills either!!!

Good luck with ya, girl and try to take a deep breath for yourself once in a while.
LadyImmortal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2005, 07:37 AM   #35
Tabitha
Bad Email Address

Whats got Doc worked up so bad is the really wet fall we had, that means the squirrels and field mice are gonna be flurishing. Up in the four corners area, they have the Henta virus, its got about a 85% terminal rate, and it comes back everytime the varmits up there flurish, so I might be away at some point this winter, unable to post, to go on Doc's mission he does there for victims if or when it breaks out. Im hoping it wont, like I have so much time already, I dont wanna think about the drive time involved with fulfilling my scholorship requirements, as well as fulfilling my oath to protect life.

tabbi
Old October 3rd, 2005, 09:14 AM   #36
Tabitha
Bad Email Address

Default This is a special word for a special person...

Wow, so RDM noticed me out here huh? Its sort of neat to think that it happens, but I wish he wouldnt have mentioned me by name, its tough to handle recognition. I wish instead, what he would have gotten from my posts and all, is maybe some kind of idea of how his work is effecting people. Maybe instead of seeing how I was introduced back to TOS, he might have instead asked himself, why are people being driven from my work to the work of a series that is so old and out dated? I feel that the purpose of communication like this is not so much to ask "who thinks like me" but to ask ourselves, "what do others think" and examine why.
Perhaps I was not clear on how a certain show failed my needs, or expectations, if so, my bad, Im not Roger Ebert. Still, I feel that the whole family here stated their views and reasoning why they felt that way much better than me. I truely wish he would listen to YOU, not me, Im not well spoken and humbly, my voice is only my own, and has no weight outside of my head. YOU ALL, everyone of you, have the combined weight of a large group of fans. It should come to attention to Mr. Moore, "Like Firefly" should be his motto. If he wants to know who will give him ratings, who will buy merchandise, who will incorporate his product into their lives and bring others to the program, it CERTAINLY must be the fans who hold a series more than 30 years old so dear to their hearts. Movies, TV shows come and go. There have been so many that had a fan base, but that show and its fans are now long gone. Few shows have such die hard support as the origional, and only BSG. Were I Mr Moore, I might ask myself, "What might I do to create and include more fans like this?" and then do so. Do what? Well, if one cannot find those answers here, then one isnt looking too terribly hard.
I dont believe I ever spoke directly about Mr. Moore till now. I indeed never spoke directly TO Mr. Moore till now.
Mr. Moore, I do not dislike you, I dont know you, as you pointed out in your glowing letter to CF. I am honored to be noticed, perhaps star struck for a time. It may be a misuse of my tiny fraction of fame (said jokingly), to express that I wish you the best of luck. I do hope you succeed in all that you dream of. I also hope, sir, that you perhaps tone down the dark drama, give the heros some heroism, allow TOS fans to find something they can hold onto in your series, and help us, the fans, to come back together as a family.
I cannot write your show, I wouldnt dream of doing so even if asked, which I know would never happen besides. I cannot repair the rift that was formed by the unusual and often conflicting style you write in, compared to the style of TOS. I also cannot give you or anyone advice that is guaranteed to work, to make your BSG fans, and our BSG fans come together as a family. I do, call it intuition, have a feeling that by bringing in some of the core elements that we as TOS fans, hold true and dear, and also give GINO fans their dark brooding reality, that you will find you can win back the hearts and minds of all BSG fans and that surely must be a good thing. Also if you can have a pilot with the call sign Tabbicat... but then thats a lot to ask hahhahahah
In closing, I just want to thank CF for their medium that someone as brave as Mr. Moore, and someone as insignificant as me, a mere fan, can find a common ground to actually hear each others words directly, and to exchange some small amount of mutual admiration or at least civil respect. Thank you also Mr. Moore for your courage to address a seemingly hostile audience, as well as to be gracious enough to respond to the angry words that have been exchanged in a thoughtful and welcomming maner that you have. It was a good thing.

tabbi
Old October 3rd, 2005, 12:31 PM   #37
martok2112
Colonial Story Teller

FORUM STAFFFleet Moderator
Colonial Fleets

Thumbs up

Nicely spoken, Tabbi. If only more people were as gracious as you.

Martok2112
Old October 3rd, 2005, 02:49 PM   #38
Tabitha
Bad Email Address

Oh but they are, read some of Don's posts, as well as you yourself, and others, I am just echoing the words of others. Im not the poet, just the bard singing the song....

tabbi
Old October 18th, 2005, 04:22 PM   #39
TSA
Shuttle Pilot

For a moment, I thought this had something to do with the "Higher Powers" and Count Iblis.
TSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2005, 06:04 AM   #40
Tabitha
Bad Email Address

Well doc is wavering on going, his wife is raising a stink (first I heard he was married) so I dunno what the future holds, which is the way I like it. When one knows the future, one has little to look forward to, as it is already committed. I like never knowing whats around the corner.

tabbi