Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old December 19th, 2003, 04:10 PM   #1
sihirvyth2

Question BSG DVD and Video Game sales?

I tried looking this info up but all I can really find are Amazon sales rankings (60 for the DVD, 362 for Xbox version, and 606 for the PS2 version). Considering all the stuff Amazon sells now, the DVD sales seem impressive.

I keep hearing how the DVD and Video game sales are doing well, but does anyone know actually how well in the grand scheme of things? Merchandise success will be key in getting a movie greenlighted, and will influence series plans.
Old December 20th, 2003, 02:32 AM   #2
dru
Shuttle Pilot

Is the video game widely available? What US stores are carrying it? I haven't see it at any discount retailers.
dru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2003, 05:31 PM   #3
kingfish
Strike Leader

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdministrator
Battlestar Pacifica
Battlestar Rycon

Best Buy is carrying the game. Many of the online retailers also have it. TOS DVD sets are selling like hotcakes. Columbia House used to carry it but doesn't. I believe that they sold out. Remember only 100,000 units were available for region 1 release. I have a feeling Universal will have to manufacture more or we will wind up with an ultimate edition DVD set.
kingfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2003, 07:11 PM   #4
David Kerin
Warrior Ace

Colonial Fan ForceArtist
Colonial Fan Force
SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDBattlestar Galactica
Revivalist

Default units

If I remember correctly, before the release the DVD set was taken off the "limited" release of 100,000 units. How many this was bumped up to I'm not sure. I think it happened after Amazon so quickly sold out of their pre-order copies.

Then again, could be wrong... it's been know to happen once in a while, just ask my wife.
David Kerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2003, 07:56 PM   #5
BST
Snowball, My Angel Baby

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
Colonial Fleets

Take a look at the TOP TEN:

http://www.ezydvd.com.au/

"When Commander Adama sees this, he's going to go CRAZY!!"

Thanks to our Warrior friends in Region 4 !!!

You have come to journey's end
Sleep now
And dream of the ones who came before
They are calling
From across the distant shore .

Children are a message that we send
to a time that we will never see.
BST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2003, 12:00 AM   #6
BarrymoreYorke

I run a videogame store, and requests for the BSG game suddenly jumped during the last few days. Funnily enough, I always overheard someone asking one of my employees, not me directly, so I never got a chance to ask anyone if the liked the miniseries!