Go Back   Colonial Fleets > FAN CREATIVITY > All About Models
Notices
All About Models Information on making models, real or CGI. Tutorials as well.
Requests and questions should be posted here.

Old December 11th, 2006, 12:30 AM   #1
balogm

Default pegasus and galactica

what exactly is the difference between the two ships, iv finally got the series on dvd and pause the sceen. they do look a little different. does anyone have clear pics or specs on the two of them?

thanks
balog
Old December 11th, 2006, 12:55 AM   #2
gmd3d
Major

In Classic BSG they are the same model ...... just lit differently as far as I know .... you see more hull design on the landing bay of the PEGASUS

"The world is my country, science my religion.”
gmd3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2006, 03:23 PM   #3
Emerys
Shuttle Pilot

The Pegasus had quad landing bays, more decking over the ribbing, and a different engine configuration. Internally it was more advanced in that it had a full fabrication capability for Vipers.

I only got a slight look at the Valkyrie - did anyone notice which class it was more like (looked like a 3rd design but I wasnt sure).
Emerys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2006, 06:24 PM   #4
Captain Hector
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerys
The Pegasus had quad landing bays, more decking over the ribbing, and a different engine configuration. Internally it was more advanced in that it had a full fabrication capability for Vipers.

I only got a slight look at the Valkyrie - did anyone notice which class it was more like (looked like a 3rd design but I wasnt sure).
I think this was in regards to the original series(?). In the original series, the same model was used for both the Galactica, as was for the Pegasus. No battlestar shown in the original series was of different configuration
Captain Hector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2006, 10:05 AM   #5
Emerys
Shuttle Pilot

Quite true. Always bothered me, too. No different models, much less support warships.
Old December 23rd, 2006, 06:53 PM   #6
Captain Hector
Bad Email Address

Well, I never minded the battlestars that much. The Galactica is an extremely powerful type of warship, so it makes sense it would be the backbone of the colonial fleet. And, honestly, they spent their budget building the galactica model, probably. Well spent tho, its a classic, the best designed sci-fi vessel, in my opinion
Captain Hector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2006, 08:20 AM   #7
Emerys
Shuttle Pilot

I dont know - it bothered me. Even TOS Trek on a shoestring budget occasionally did a new model now and then. I look at the Ravenstar cruisers (really want to kitbash a BIG version of one or two of those!) and think that it couldnt have strained them that much to do something of the sort.

I always thought of the Battlestar as a primary combat ship, like a carrier... but a carrier always has escourt ships - some of which should have come along with the Big G when she pulled out.
Old December 26th, 2006, 06:44 AM   #8
Stevew
Fleet Modeling Machine!

Emery
We now have an entire fleet of support ships
http://www.colonialfleets.com/stevew/BSG/?M=A
http://www.firedragon.com/~cfleets/S...branpatrol.jpg
S
Stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2006, 12:29 PM   #9
Emerys
Shuttle Pilot

Several excellent ships! And much to the point - they'd have been easily made cannon ships for the series.