Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old May 16th, 2013, 05:33 AM   #31
peter noble
Strike Leader

Colonial Fan ForceCo-Founder
Colonial Fan Force
COMMAND INSIGNIACo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com

Default Re: BG movie coming to Blu-ray

Quote:
Originally Posted by martok2112 View Post
just like was done for ST"TNG on blu-ray
Exactly!
Old May 16th, 2013, 05:48 AM   #32
martok2112
Colonial Story Teller

FORUM STAFFFleet Moderator
Colonial Fleets

Oh, yes. The picture quality, as has already been described by a few who already have the blu-rays, is apparently outstanding, and subtle details that were blurry in previous editions now stand out....but just imagine how much more detail would show up, and some subtle touch ups (again, ala TNG blu-rays) would appear in a fully recomposited BG.

In "Encounter At Farpoint" (TNG pilot movie), the Farpoint aliens looked so much more beautiful and lifelike in the blu-ray recomposite.
If the entire BG series got such a treatment, imagine all the detail we could see on something like the Eastern Alliance battlecruiser....or better yet, the ship of lights.
Old May 16th, 2013, 05:51 AM   #33
Apolloisall
Warrior Ace

Quote:
Originally Posted by martok2112 View Post
especially of that one Cylon Raider that keeps getting blown up in the upper right or left quadrant of the TV screen.
But... that's my FAVOURITE shot!!!

Old May 16th, 2013, 07:42 AM   #34
martok2112
Colonial Story Teller

Colonial Fleets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apolloisall View Post
But... that's my FAVOURITE shot!!!

Old May 16th, 2013, 07:50 AM   #35
Apolloisall
Warrior Ace

Hahahahahahaha!!!!
Old May 19th, 2013, 02:15 AM   #36
CBSG4ever
Warrior Ace

Location: In My Battlestar over San Diego waiting for everyone else...

Just picked up my copy today (err... yesterday). I have to agree with everyone's assessment about the BR DVD. Pretty sharp and crisp picture. A very large improvement from the full series DVD set. I did not notice any grainy images or scenes (perhaps I just didn't notice them ). I'll have to re-watch it to check on that aspect. Very satisfied with picture quality.

I guess my only real gripe is the omission of original scenes that were in the show when Saga of a Star World aired.
Serina's broadcast before the Cylon attack, Starbuck and Athena's locker scene (this explains why Starbuck gravitated to Cassiopia), Apollo's heated discussion with Adama accusing him of nursing wounds while they were still in the fire, Adama's talk with Athena about not wanting the responsibility of making life and death decisions, Tigh and Adama discussing intel reports about Carillon and the connection to Baltar, Apollo's comment to Uri's proposal on Carillon and stating it "must be the Grog". For me, all these scenes added to the story and depth of the characters in the show.

I do wish this version was complete with all the original scenes. I guess that would be asking for too much, I suppose. I am glad I picked it up though.
Just my .02 cubits.

Steve

"You're gonna need a bigger boat..." Chief Brody - Jaws
"Kind of a bummer gettin' your butt kicked by a dead guy" - Col. T.C. McQueen, S:AaB-(Ray Butts)
"A kind word and a 2-by-4 is better than just a kind word" - Marcus Cole, Babylon 5
"WIVES...uh...aren't we getting a little ahead of ourselves?" Starbuck - Living Legend
"Every creature in the Universe is out to exterminate us and YOU want to hire a vocal group." Boomer - Saga of a Starworld
CBSG4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2013, 07:13 AM   #37
martok2112
Colonial Story Teller

Colonial Fleets

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBSG4ever View Post
Just picked up my copy today (err... yesterday). I have to agree with everyone's assessment about the BR DVD. Pretty sharp and crisp picture. A very large improvement from the full series DVD set. I did not notice any grainy images or scenes (perhaps I just didn't notice them ). I'll have to re-watch it to check on that aspect. Very satisfied with picture quality.

I guess my only real gripe is the omission of original scenes that were in the show when Saga of a Star World aired.
Serina's broadcast before the Cylon attack, Starbuck and Athena's locker scene (this explains why Starbuck gravitated to Cassiopia), Apollo's heated discussion with Adama accusing him of nursing wounds while they were still in the fire, Adama's talk with Athena about not wanting the responsibility of making life and death decisions, Tigh and Adama discussing intel reports about Carillon and the connection to Baltar, Apollo's comment to Uri's proposal on Carillon and stating it "must be the Grog". For me, all these scenes added to the story and depth of the characters in the show.

I do wish this version was complete with all the original scenes. I guess that would be asking for too much, I suppose. I am glad I picked it up though.
Just my .02 cubits.
It's the theatrical version of Saga of a Star World, so yeah, it's going to miss all the pilot episode footage. It makes sense that they would do this though...to see how well a blu-ray version of the classic series would fly. Although making it a Best Buy Exclusive (at least at the moment) would seem a bit counter productive. Then again, on the other side of the coin, there would be no sense of them making a ton of blu-rays readily available that might not meet sales expectations, and just sit there on the shelf.