Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old May 4th, 2003, 06:31 AM   #61
BST
Snowball, My Angel Baby

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
Colonial Fleets

Quote:
Originally posted by Corwwyn
Well the killerB's were once able to write passable stories too.

Ron's Traveller stories were what, 15 years ago?

His last good work was in DS9, in an inspiring environment, surrounded by enthusiastic talent, and his dummy spit with Little Bee had him depart Voyager's shores pronto.

Now Ms Bonnie is letting him back from the wilderness to show his solo "stuff".

Perhaps he fancies himself as "ravager of worlds" now, or perhaps he is treading close to becoming a has-been? Could he have "lost the edge"?

I will always respect his work on DS9, but I won't hold that work up as a pair or rosey spectacles and say he can do no wrong...especially when he slices and dices something so close to the metaphorical heart.

If the DeSanto continuation went ahead in tandem then it wouldn't matter to me. Heck this production could almost even be a plus in that situation (much as B5 was motivator for DS9 to try harder to make a good show), but as things stand...

Corwwyn,

Agreed.

Hopefully, you didn't misinterpret my thoughts. I used those 3 eps to show that even though a particular 'storyline' was begun by other writers, "Where No One Has Gone Before" - Diane Duane & Michael Reaves and "Remember Me" - Lee Sheldon; RDM was able to write a story which was a 'continuation' of sorts. He was able to 'stay within the ST universe'. I enjoyed all 3 stories and did truly think that Moore neatly closed the storyline.

Please don't think, for a minute, that I am defending him. Nothing could be farther from the truth. If you're still unsure, check my previous posts. If I sound the least bit conciliatory, it's only to show that he could once write stories that added value to a franchise. What he has done to Galactica, as has been stated ad infinitum, goes contrary to this. He has pillaged and plundered BSG, the name being the only recognizable element in his storytelling.

Quote:
Now Ms Bonnie is letting him back from the wilderness to show his solo "stuff". Perhaps he fancies himself as "ravager of worlds" now, or perhaps he is treading close to becoming a has-been? Could he have "lost the edge"?
Quite possible. If this 're-imagining' is an indication of his 'solo stuff' then, it leaves a lot to be desired. His only effective writing may be when he does so within the strict guidelines or boundaries of an existing franchise/storyline.

BST
BST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2003, 07:25 AM   #62
kingfish
Strike Leader

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdministrator
Battlestar Pacifica
Battlestar Rycon

Default First Contact

Ron wrote this one also and it was a smash hit. Why he fails with Galactica is another story. Didn't he threaten to quit the production 3 times?
kingfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2003, 09:52 AM   #63
BST
Snowball, My Angel Baby

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
Colonial Fleets

Quote:
Originally posted by Warrior
Thing is... and I've said this before: With anything Trek, Moore *had* to write in the confines of the established Trek universe.

With this remake, his hands are untied, and we see the disasterous results.

If he was hired to do a Continuation, I bet we'd see an entirely different type of story, because he'd have to write, like in Trek, within certain guidelines.
Thanks Warrior,

Exactly my point. He's not a bad writer, when he writes within established limits. But, left to his own 'imagination'... OMG!

Perhaps, Moore will change the path that he's on, when he finds out that his 'interpretations' don't have the appeal that he thinks they do.
Old May 4th, 2003, 10:58 AM   #64
kingfish
Strike Leader

Battlestar Pacifica
Battlestar Rycon

Quote:
Originally posted by BST
Thanks Warrior,

Exactly my point. He's not a bad writer, when he writes within established limits. But, left to his own 'imagination'... OMG!

Perhaps, Moore will change the path that he's on, when he finds out that his 'interpretations' don't have the appeal that he thinks they do.

IMHO he is being guided. The question is by who?
Old May 4th, 2003, 11:29 AM   #65
BST
Snowball, My Angel Baby

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
Colonial Fleets

Bonnie

She apparently is the one who is shepherding this miserable mess. She somehow convinced her superiors, at Universal, to bankroll this dung heap and ultimately will be the one responsible for it success/failure. It is likely a make or break situation for her. With the added uncertainty about the fate of VUE, she is hell-bent on having as much of this project completed as possible before a change of ownership takes place. Upon the sale, she will undoubtedly be in a caretaker position and will need to have this effort fly high in order to have a chance at retaining her position.

My friend, kingfish, as you well know, our mission is to make sure the damn thing never leaves the ground!!
Old May 4th, 2003, 12:36 PM   #66
kingfish
Strike Leader

Battlestar Pacifica
Battlestar Rycon

Default Well said BST

nt
Old September 30th, 2003, 08:01 PM   #67
larocque6689
Warrior

For the record, I think scifiman76 is right in describing this entire thread as fan fiction. KORN_FAN2 was not credible as a miniseries insider and I was able to confirm that the very first CaptainTripps post of October 2001 contained false information on Desanto casting.

Anyway, here it is...

http://pub27.ezboard.com/fgalactica2...icID=191.topic
Old October 1st, 2003, 09:13 AM   #68
oldwardaggit
You old war daggit!

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner/Webmaster
RadioGalactica

Oh well, at least with what we did know about Tom's Idea's , he was taking Galactica in a direction that let the original still exist. I realize that this is just my opinion but we know Tom was going to have Dirk reprising his role in a continuation amongst other things and that's a whole lot closer to what the majority of this fan base has been asking for then what Moore is bringing to the sci fi channel.

But like I said before, all are entitled to their opinions and I hope those in favor of the mini enjoy it.

OWD

OWD
oldwardaggit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2003, 09:35 AM   #69
repcisg
Bad Email Address

We've all been peging our hopes on vapor for so long, it is nolonger relevent what this person or that person said.

What counts is what is happening now, things that can be confirmed.
repcisg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2003, 08:11 PM   #70
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

Kingfish I sooooooooooooo AGREE!
shiningstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2003, 01:00 PM   #71
dvo47p
Bad Email Address

Default Hi ya Scooter, now about Apollo?

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by Scooter2000
This script was written after Bryan Singer’s departure and Fox pulling the plug.

On the other hand Bryan Singer, Danny Angel, Billy Brown and Tom DeSanto previously shared that same opinion and sought out to fix the many flaws the original series had but they intended to keep the original themes, premise and timeline intact.

Characters:
Adama
Athena - The last surviving family member of Adama’s family.
Skyler
Troy (Boxey)

Starbuck - He was the last person to ever see his best friend Apollo while he was still a prisoner of the Cylons.

To be continued with the rest of the description of characters and a plot summery
[/B]
Scooter, is Apollo/Hatch have any chance of reprising his role? Could Starbuck, Skyler &/or Troy find him marooned or help him escape Cylon capture.?

Or is he a nano-technology Cylon spy, like in the Singer/DeSanto's Fox/Scifi project?

Throw me a bone Mark.
dvo47p is offline   Reply With Quote