Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old April 6th, 2004, 08:38 PM   #1
Aeneas
Warrior

Default The Galactica Ride(Fond Memories)

Remember the Old Galactica ride @ Universal Studios, Hollywood?

Who rode it?(me me me !)

Is it still there(Iheard no. )

What about in Fla?
Old April 7th, 2004, 06:34 PM   #2
Phoenix

I too visited it once a upon a time in a land far, far away..........................back when I was about 8 or 9. Damn, that's 25 years ago! I remember the Cylons out in front to
"greet" you sitting in their little tank deal. It was cool, sorry to hear it's no longer there.
Old April 7th, 2004, 06:45 PM   #3
Darth Marley
GINO Public Defender

I bet each region has an amusment park ride graveyard, and the guts to this one is sitting in it as we speak.
Old April 7th, 2004, 06:50 PM   #4
Phoenix

Of that I have no doubt. Even if BSG were to take off in mass public popularity like it had, the "new" ride wouldn't be the same, it just wouldn't.
Old April 8th, 2004, 12:06 AM   #5
jonahlee
Warrior

I rode it when my mom came to visit one year, and it must have been after I graduated from college (I graduated 12 years ago) because I was really hungover, and didn't handle the avalanch (a giant spinning tube) too well!

I loved the ride though!

"It is by will alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of Saphoo that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by will alone I set my mind in motion." -Piter de Vries

http://www.whaleofatale.net
jonahlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2004, 04:20 PM   #6
JLHurley
Warrior

You lucky, lucky daggits!
Old April 17th, 2004, 06:28 PM   #7
jewels
Stablemaster, Livery Ship

FORUM STAFFFleet Modertor
Colonial Fleets

If you want to talk to a really lucky daggit: I think I understood that LordStarFyre (he may still be on the member list here, he is at cylon.org for sure) was one of the warrior actors for the ride.

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." Malcolm Reynolds [/color]

"We don't dictate to countries, we liberate countries." Mitt Romney [/color]
jewels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2004, 06:36 PM   #8
thomas7g
out there somewhere

COMMAND INSIGNIAFormer Admin (ret)
Colonial Fleets
BattlestarGalactica-Fleets.com
Owner
Ship Of Lights Forum

I barely remember it. I remember entering a big structure on a mountain road in the tram. I remember a cylon manning a big gun at the front. The inside was dark. I remember lasers and some guy in colonial uniform runing around and I was thinking "I DON'T KNOW THIS GUY!". I was little at the time. And quite astute! And I remember a cylon that looked stiff. Then he got shot and split apart. And that was it.

Oh and I really like the spinning tube!

"There is a meaning for wings that can not fly!
Its a precious memory of when you once flew in the sky."
thomas7g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2004, 09:08 PM   #9
amberstar
Strike Leader

That ride sounds like it was so much fun! Wish it was still around.

Amber
amberstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2004, 11:39 PM   #10
Sci-Fi
Bad Email Address

It was part of the Tram ride. I remember the guide asking for people to raise their hands if they watched BSG (when it was aired and just after it was cancelled) and recorded the number of people that did at the stop in the middle of the tram tour. Unfortunately, very few people raised their hands back in those days but did enjoy the that part of the ride.

Wish Universal sold the episodes, as aired, and offered them at the concession stands. I always believed the "edited" and "merged episodes" they sold to the public turned off many fans and casual viewers that wanted the full or uncut versions. BSG Fans didn't get their wish until the DVD set came out 25 years later. Think sales of the VHS/BETA tapes back then was a false indication of the interest, popularity, and fan base of the series. Many of my friends were upset over the tapes that were released and considered them ripoffs and not worth buying since so much was cut out. Universal should have taken a page out of the Paramount ST:TOS book and released the episodes as they were originally shown (aired).

Sorry for the editorial.
Sci-Fi is offline   Reply With Quote