Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > Battlestar Galactica
1978/80 Episode Reviews
Notices

Old January 18th, 2004, 04:01 PM   #31
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

Droopy they did have a schematic of the Galactica
displayed on a display in the ep "fire in space".
Also if you buy the dvd set, there are schematics
shown in the booklet that comes with it.
shiningstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2004, 08:01 PM   #32
cdlegend
Shuttle Pilot

Default Many Many Friends with knowledge

It is so nice to know that there are so many fans out there who are so very willing and able to help out others with information and trivia. I have been posting on this site for over two years now and have always spoke to and heard from the best fans ever!
I am proud to be a part of this fandom and wish to stop a micron and let all of you out there know that.
I have just recently been elected President of the Chairpersons leading Galactica Fan Club. Before me served a wonderful fan who runs the website Battlestar New York. We at Galactica fan Club want each and every fan who is a member and those who have not joined us yet to feel a part of this fandom as I have for these few years.
Since the mini series aired in December 2003, there has been a super nova explosion of fans and traffic on all of the Galactica website. Not all fans are happy about that mini or with Ron Moore... but Galactica fans must all be embrassed. Those of us who have held this fandom together for twenty-five years are not afraid to extend a hand to a new fan. We don't have to like the new mini.... many loth it, but the fans have come together to celebrate a story that has endured. That is what is important.
Some fans have questions about the original and we need to willingly give them this informtion. That is what this fandom is about. Remember, we are all GAlacticans! All connected in some way.
I'd like to ask new fans and old to let us know what you would like to have us do to make you feel more like a member of our club. Use this forum if you'd like, or drop me a line at cdlegend40@hotmail.com We serve you!
I also recommend each and everyone to purchase the new DVD collection. It is nicely done. You can learn so much about the "Saga of a Star World" Also, to all fans - purchase a DVD from GAlacticon 2003. Those of the original cast who came to be with the fans really spoke to us from the heart. I know that a piece of every one of them made up a part of each character they played.
I salute you all!
Legend
cdlegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2004, 01:43 AM   #33
droopy

Does anyone know what happened to Maren Jensen??
Old January 19th, 2004, 05:14 PM   #34
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

welcome to the fleets Droopy. I love your nickname by
the way.
Old January 19th, 2004, 05:33 PM   #35
Sci-Fi
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Originally posted by droopy
Does anyone know what happened to Maren Jensen??
According to imdb:
Quote:
(December 2003) Became one of the first people in Hollywood to suffer the debilitating effects of Epstein-Barr syndrome (in the 1980s). She has since recovered, but has left show business behind her.
Hope she is still doing well.
Sci-Fi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2004, 08:17 PM   #36
Imagination

Default Do I have the DVDS?

Just came today! So, no, haven't seen them yet. Tonight is a WYWO marathon (I am a woman of many and varied interests! Snicker).
Old January 19th, 2004, 08:40 PM   #37
cdlegend
Shuttle Pilot

My niece suffers from Epstein-Barr as well. It does not go away and a busy career like modeling or acting will certainly add to the pain and chaos of the disability. I'm sure that we all wish her well. We shall always remember Maren as the beautiful Athena - loyal to her father and passionate about that rascal Starbuck! In Richard Hatch's books, she is the commander of her own Battlestar..... and capable as well. She is important to him as he is to her. A fitting continuation of a character that was hardly ever explored buring the original's one and only first season. May the Lords of Kobol look over our Athena!
Legend
Old January 20th, 2004, 01:21 PM   #38
droopy

With the sci-fi reimagining is Richard Hatch's the second comming finished??
Old January 22nd, 2004, 04:53 PM   #39
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

Thanks for the info. I was wandering myself WHY
Seymour wasn't kept with the series. WHile it helped
to have the dvd's and learn about her illness; I always
wandered whether it was HER decision not to stay with
the show ........... Or larson and desanto's.
Old January 25th, 2004, 05:13 PM   #40
cdlegend
Shuttle Pilot

Default NEVER COUNT RICHARD OUT

While it appears as though Moore and his miniseries has the spotlight in the world of Galactica right now, the fans all revere Richard's vision and activly push for a continuation. Richard put much blood sweat and tears into this film and continues to show it around the contry and at other venues around the world. As far as getting a green light from Universal - it is doubtfull at this point; however, if it were not for that bit of film and the hard work of Richard Hatch, we would not have the DVD box set or the miniseries (such as it is). Much attention has been given Galactica in the last few years and it all began with fans like you and I. Richard is a fan and always will remain a fan of Galactica. We can continue to enjoy his vision through his novels and who knows - perhaps one day we'll see the return of Galactica the way it was ment to be. Until then, Richard will be turning his attention to his new project - Magellan and I ask all fans to support him in his endeavor. He is a truly remarkable gentleman and deserves our graditude and love.
Legend
Old February 14th, 2004, 10:24 AM   #41
WARDAGGIT73

Default * to 4****

Flawed to be sure, but a as perfect an introduction to the Battlestar Galactica universe as there could have been. Love the Athena locker-room scene, i'd like to dream about it :tongue:
Old February 22nd, 2004, 05:22 PM   #42
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdlegend
While it appears as though Moore and his miniseries has the spotlight in the world of Galactica right now, the fans all revere Richard's vision and activly push for a continuation. Richard put much blood sweat and tears into this film and continues to show it around the contry and at other venues around the world. As far as getting a green light from Universal - it is doubtfull at this point; however, if it were not for that bit of film and the hard work of Richard Hatch, we would not have the DVD box set or the miniseries (such as it is). Much attention has been given Galactica in the last few years and it all began with fans like you and I. Richard is a fan and always will remain a fan of Galactica. We can continue to enjoy his vision through his novels and who knows - perhaps one day we'll see the return of Galactica the way it was ment to be. Until then, Richard will be turning his attention to his new project - Magellan and I ask all fans to support him in his endeavor. He is a truly remarkable gentleman and deserves our graditude and love.
Legend
I soooooooooooooooooooo agree ..........by the way Welcome to the
fleet cdlegend!
Old February 23rd, 2004, 08:52 AM   #43
Lurkerzrule
Shuttle Pilot

What really struck me was how well the characters worked together.
Old February 23rd, 2004, 08:58 AM   #44
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurkerzrule
What really struck me was how well the characters worked together.
I really liked the way all the characters seemed to know precisely where they
belonged and why .........I really loved learning more about HOW that was
accomplished by watching the extra features on the DVD set I bought.
Old March 14th, 2004, 12:19 PM   #45
launchcruiser7
On Vacation...

god bless maren i pray for her and always loved here in that show she dated don henley of the eagles in the late 70s early 80s she has credit as a writer on the song down on the sunsett strip better than any of the teen queens today

Last edited by launchcruiser7; March 14th, 2004 at 12:30 PM..
launchcruiser7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2004, 12:29 PM   #46
launchcruiser7
On Vacation...

god bless maren i pray for her and always loved here in that show the seens in saga and plant of the gods of here in her pruesser suit are better than any of the teen queens today in the commatary by drik /herb /richard they all say how nice see was i myself had a freind who helped set up a party see was at in the last 80 yearns i have met only 2 or 3 wemen more kind or openhearted yhwa bless you maren this old tanker really misses you on the bridge happy saint paddys day battlestar forever
launchcruiser7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2004, 12:31 PM   #47
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Originally Posted by launchcruiser7
god bless maren i pray for her and always loved here in that show she dated don henley of the eagles in the late 70s early 80s she has credit as a writer on the song down on the sunsett stripthe seens in saga and plant of the gods of here in her pruesser suit are better than any of the teen queens today
I agree with you about Maren. I was really bumbed when Larsen
threw out the Adama family out of the script. I missed Athena and boxey.

Also ........I agree with you about how beautiful she is. I too think that she
is far far prettier then the 'teen queens' of today.
Old March 14th, 2004, 12:40 PM   #48
kingfish
Strike Leader

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdministrator
Battlestar Pacifica
Battlestar Rycon

Quote:
Originally Posted by CmdrCain
I'm confused on the issue of Jane Seymour. Why did she drop out? Was she trying to stay in film so she had no interest in doing a TV show, or what was the case?

Anyone know?

They mentioned somthing on the BG sciography special that it was Jane's agent who encouraged her not to remain.
kingfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2004, 12:47 PM   #49
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfish
They mentioned somthing on the BG sciography special that it was Jane's agent who encouraged her not to remain.
And NOW Kingfish ...........I hate her agent.
Old March 14th, 2004, 01:12 PM   #50
braxiss
Major

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiningstar
And NOW Kingfish ...........I hate her agent.
i agree, should we send her agent for a thwacking??????
Old March 14th, 2004, 01:21 PM   #51
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Originally Posted by braxiss
i agree, should we send her agent for a thwacking??????
A THWACKING is too good for her agent.

I was thinking more along the lines of a collective KICK in the agent's
ASSETTS!
Old March 14th, 2004, 01:23 PM   #52
braxiss
Major

ouch, that'll leave a mark

Old March 14th, 2004, 01:42 PM   #53
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

Cool

Quote:
ouch, that'll leave a mark

Hopefully my size 9 boot will do the job
Old March 14th, 2004, 01:44 PM   #54
braxiss
Major

roflmao :laugh: :laugh:
Old March 14th, 2004, 01:50 PM   #55
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

Quote:
roflmao :laugh: :laugh:

Old March 19th, 2004, 06:39 PM   #56
Bombadil

The BG premiere was loads of fun to watch, and got the show off to a good start. But it did begin to reveal what would be a continuing pattern of not paying too much attention to details.

1,000 Cylon fighters attacked and destroyed the battlestar fleet? Not too likely! That isn't near enough fighters to do the job. And there were no equivalents of bombers or torpedo planes, just the Cyclon fighters strafing the battlestars. Not nearly enough firepower.

And the Colonial home worlds were destroyed by strafing? That was just ridiculous. The mini did better by introducing nuclear weapons, which was pretty obvious but TOS failed to pick up on it. The show just didn't have any sense of realistic proportion or scale.

One thing I did like, though, was the clear preaching of military preparedness. It wasn't very subtle at all--it was obvious to any observant child that the "peaceniks" were stupid, while the truly wise men like Adama did not love violence but knew that sometimes it had to be used. And in case anybody missed that lesson with the destruction of the Colonial home worlds, they reviewed the lesson when the new Council, ignoring the lesson they should have just learned, chose to lay down their arms to show their peaceful intent at Carillon. Again, only Adama's stubborn insistence on military preparedness saved the day. Since I happen to agree with Adama's philosophy, I liked the direction the show was headed.
Old March 19th, 2004, 08:28 PM   #57
Dawg
Great Wise Guru

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
ColonialFleets.com
SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDCo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com
Owner/Webmaster
DirkBenedictCentral.com
Colonial Fan ForceCo-Founder
Colonial Fan Force

Just a minor clarification, Thomas, it wasn't 1000 cylon raiders - it was, in Apollo's words, "1000 to 1 odds".

If memory serves.

I am
Dawg

My Places:

DirkBenedictCentral.com, Facebook: Dirk Benedict Central Twitter: @DBCdotCOM Dirk's appearances: Appearances

Tombs of Kobol
Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2004, 04:56 AM   #58
Bombadil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawg
Just a minor clarification, Thomas, it wasn't 1000 cylon raiders - it was, in Apollo's words, "1000 to 1 odds".

If memory serves.

I am
Dawg
Ah, memory is such a fun tool! I have an old videotape of the episode, but haven't watched it for a while. You may be right I remember Apollo saying that while all the Cylon raiders starting showing up on the radar screen. So, 2000 raiders vs. Zack and Apollo? Still a small number. Should have been at least 100,000.

Oh, and another thing about the "peaceniks". A buddy of mine pointed out that when the U.S. fleet entered Tokyo Bay to accept the Japanese surrender, the carriers kept a full combat patrol in the air at all times, just in case the Japanese, even though totally defeated, pulled something funny. He found it impossible to "suspend disbelief" at the idea that the battlestar fleet would keep all their Vipers on deck to demonstrate their peaceful intent.
Old March 20th, 2004, 10:30 AM   #59
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawg

If memory serves.

I am
Dawg
I do believe you are right Dawg. Just finished watching that dvd myself and
I do believe that's exactly what Apollo said.
Old March 23rd, 2004, 08:03 PM   #60
skippercollecto
Squadron Leader

Default suggestion for fan fiction

Chip Johnson plays a Warrior in one of the elevator scenes in "Saga," the one in which Answaw and her friend talk about having eaten too much. The elevator is taken to the ground level and the Warrior and the two women are presumably captured by the Ovions.
However, actor Chip Johnson is listed in the closing credits of "War of the Gods." He is one of the pilots who disappears flying over Iblis' planet.
So I am assume his character escaped the Ovions, lived through the attack on Carillon and returned to duty aboard the Galactica. So, what is the name of his character, and how did he escape?
I'll let one of the rest of you decide a on a plot for the rest of us.
Mary
skippercollecto is offline   Reply With Quote