ONLY please.

Old September 7th, 2011, 04:08 PM   #1
BST
Snowball, My Angel Baby

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
Colonial Fleets

Default New Forum - "Sacred Ground"

Folks,

In honor of the 10th anniversary of the attacks on September 11, 2001, we have created a special place of remembrance here at Colonial Fleets. The new forum will be called Sacred Ground

Included in the forum are threads which contain links to the various memorials at the World Trade Center, the Pentagon, the crash site of Flight 93 and the site of the Murrah federal building in Oklahoma City.

The intent is to not only include links to other sacred sites from all over the world but, to include your stories. So please, feel free to share them with us.

For those who have passed before us, may this simple acknowledgment keep your memory alive in our hearts.

You have come to journey's end
Sleep now
And dream of the ones who came before
They are calling
From across the distant shore .

Children are a message that we send
to a time that we will never see.
BST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2011, 12:44 AM   #2
gmd3d
Major

Default Re: New Forum - "Sacred Ground"

Nice idea.

remembering 911 has it been so long. (not to those effected directly Id say)

It is been remembered here in Spain. showing the dreadful images of the crashes
into the twin towers.

Susi (my wife but where not married then) remembered and informing me where she was when the news came out. well in work and the canteen having lunch. the shocked chatter of her work mates (mainly women). this is in Dublin Ireland bty.

I remember where I was and when I heard the news.
I was working on a painting job with a friend of mine who was also the boss, we had finished for the day early due to an error in the color of the paint. instead of a soft yellow we where given a canary yellow. So an early day to finish so the paint could dry, I was delighted as I had a few to many drinks the night before.

Getting into the car (when I still liked driving) we turn on the car radio and listened to the news. before we got out of the parking area the first plane crash was announced.
we stopped the car and sat in shock!! and we where dumfounded slowly we drove
on home (we where neighbors at the time). each new announcement, confirmation
or conclusion the shock deepened.
I remember looking at the other cars on the busy street, travailing slowly on as if we where in a massive funeral procession. possibly listening to
the news on their car radios
when half way home a second plane crashed in to the second building, we look at each other and we both said "this is an attack"!!.

And as if fast forward was hit on a video player every thing started to speed up, people wanting to get home to the TV .

When I got there and hit the TV ..... every channel was covering the crashes .....

I sat there knowing the world has changed and not for the better.

that's my memory of the day.

"The world is my country, science my religion.”

Last edited by gmd3d; September 8th, 2011 at 07:28 AM..
gmd3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2011, 02:15 AM   #3
Punisher454
Warrior Ace

Default Re: New Forum - "Sacred Ground"

I had just showed up to work that morning when the guy in the shop next door had his TV on and half a dozen people were watching and talking about something. I walked over to check it out and they told me a jet liner had just hit the WTC and my initial first thought was "what kinda idiot pilot could make that mistake" , then the second plane hit.
My first thought was that somebody must have put a navigation beacon in the buildings, seriously Kamakazi piloting didnt even register at first in my head.
Then the guy who owned the shop (a rather friendly Arab man) shook his fist and said "It was Bin-Laden!" What insight!
Other than watching the horror of the attack and the outrage, I'll never forget the video's of the celebratory dancing going on in some places.
Its unfortunate that even today so many people cannot recognize true evil.
I hate to say it, but someday those nut-jobs are going to set off a nuke in a big city. After that, things are going to change a whole lot more.
This weekend will be the 10th anniversary, common sense tells me that the threat of an attack is extra high this year.