Go Back   Colonial Fleets > REEL-WORLD CONNECTION > Conventions
Notices
Conventions Non BG Conventions included too!

Old August 22nd, 2006, 06:33 PM   #1
mikedx
Warriordx

SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDOwner:
BattlestarGalacticaAutographs.com

Default I met Sarah Rush!!!

Gang,

As some of you know, Sarah Rush has been involved in a documentary about her hometown in Carmichaels PA. They have a coal festival every year, and she was the "Coal Queen" of 1972. Well she is friends with Patricia Heaton, and Patricia's husband decided to make a documentary about the festival. This documentary is out and available only through Netflix rental.

They had a private screening at a college campus nearby on Friday night. Well I though that even if I couldn't get in, I could still wait outside the theatre and say hi to Sarah. Well, no such luck. They had security in front of the campus, and even though I told them I drove 3.5 hours to see Sarah, they told me it was invitation only and if I wanted to come back on Saturday, they were having three public screenings. I stayed in a motel near there and attended the 12:30pm showing. Unfortunately Sarah wasn't there.

By the way, it's a great film and has a lot of Sarah in it. She talks about moving to California, but her home will always be in Carmichaels. Though it's about coal and a small town, I think anybody would enjoy seeing it.

Well the actual coal festival was taking place this week, and I called some of the contacts (which I should have done in the first place) and they told me that Sarah would be at the fire hall at a meet & greet Monday night.

So I leave work early, drive up there, and there she is! She was truly amazed that I had come so far to see her. I talked to her for about an hour and a half. I have to say she is the sweetest person I've ever met. She signed my poster, an 8x10, and even gave me a movie poster of the documentary.

I asked her some BSG questions as well. She said she worked as a waitress for 2 weeks in New York before signing a contract with Universal and moving to L.A. She said she auditioned in front of Glen Larson and had to read "100 microns and closing, 99 microns and closing" and that they all laughed after reading it. She said that she kept in touch with some of the main cast. She said that she had talked to DeSanto way back when and said she would be happy to be involved with the continuation. She said that her daughter had been keeping her hands full, but that she would like to do a convention and if there is a 30 yahrn Galacticon, she'd be there.

It was well worth the mileage, though I'm still recovering...

Mike
mikedx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2006, 08:34 PM   #2
jewels
Stablemaster, Livery Ship

FORUM STAFFFleet Modertor
Colonial Fleets

She is every bit as sweet as you said. Glad you got to meet her.

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." Malcolm Reynolds [/color]

"We don't dictate to countries, we liberate countries." Mitt Romney [/color]
jewels is offline   Reply With Quote