Notices
Other Science Fiction Shows A place to discuss all of the other Sci-Fi shows
which may tickle your fancy!

Old July 1st, 2006, 01:36 PM   #1
KJ
Strike Leader

Default Transformers teaser seen at London Film ComicCon

Yup!

Last was Glen Larson, this year i got to see the teaser of Tom DeSanto's Transformers the LFCC in Earls Court 2.

Although pleased to see it, i must say its quite vague as to whats going on. Its as long as the new Spider-Man 3 trailer which is about 2 and a half minutes long however it does considering my experience with Transformers seem a little too vague for anyone at first to guess that its even remotely linked to the Transformers franchise.

Transformers teaser

It begins with a shuttle launch that kicks off a N.A.S.A. type space mission with a prologue of words coming up inbetween that supposed to chronicle everything going on past and present etc, who where the space mission takes us to Mars or some other place where Earth picked up a signal or some reading and wants to investigate something or other. To where all of a sudden the probe (with weird CCTV style cameras) sent by earth is destroyed by some out of focus droid of something that transforms (but not blatantly so before your eyes per se?) and the screen goes all funny.

Then a mesmash of parts transforms into the Transformers title then the famous Transformers "logo" pops up. With the credits in blue-ish silver and yes Tom's name is up there as producer!

End of the trailer

No soundtrack from the classic TV series nadda. Usual next year's big movie type hum of sinister music at the tail end is all....

When i asked the guy who put the trailer up on his portable DVD player with a sound booster, he said he worked on the movie and practically loves Transformers. But however although he knows Tom DeSanto works on the flick as producer and knows his name, he doesn't know him personally. I asked where can i get the trailer he had burned onto the DVD/CD disc he got from online? He said it'll be available online on Tuesday but his disc is HIS copy thus he didn't get it from anywhere online?

Hmmmm?

Well i knew the trailer would be out on the 4th of July and probably carried by Superman Returns and Pirates Of The Caribbean in cinemas by then. But i didn't know i'd see it today myself at a London convention of all things!

Quality of the trailer wasn't good on a partable DVD player, but then again the trailer wasn't really Transformers quality nor would it grab you right away either i'm sorry to say, it look good don't get me wrong. But i truly think the production isn't to far ahead for them to be releasing anykind of trailer with the name of Transformers on it with so many fans out there that know what the Transformers are all about?

So far Spider-Man 3 is ranked at number 1 far as movies i "WANT" to see for next year. Cos i'm hoping the TF trailer is pumped up before release on Tuesday. As it stands right now all it does is put Transformers name out there, good as it might be to some others out there, it didn't induce the goosebumps that i was expecting?

Sorry if i didn't get the guy's name, but with a con going on your attention is somewhat rather distracted and is on half a dozen other things all at the same time. But the guy did say he is working on the movie. CGI Animator or technical assistant? I just don't know which. But either the guy lifted the trailer from somewhere's and he's not telling or he does indeed work for the movie in some capacity or other, who knows? All i know is i've seen the TF teaser a few days before its release and its o.k.

But not mind blowing mind you. And it should be?

Hope a second and better teaser is planned and quick! Cos i want this flick to do great for Tom DeSanto and co. But my friend who was with me doesn't like the Michael Bay credit as director? Too bad Spielberg isn't directing and is acting only as producer, cos it seems Spielberg's name as director sells better than director Michael Bay does. And you've a gotta admit he's right!

KJ
Old July 3rd, 2006, 05:26 AM   #2
jewels
Stablemaster, Livery Ship

FORUM STAFFFleet Modertor
Colonial Fleets

KJ the trailer is online at www.transformersmovie.com and at Michael Bay's website. If you look in the news forum there's a thread about it, go to my last post there and you'll find the link from Bay's website (it was in his forums). Bay's website ran the smoothest last week, they released it a few days early because some horrible copies popped up (leaked) around the internet a few days early and Dreamworks decided they'd rather have folks have a nice copy if they wanted it that badly. The official movie website got 100,000 hits/hr. the first few hours it was up. Oh, and Bay is calling it an announcement not a teaser, nothing we saw is actually part of the movie which is only about 1/3 shot (live action part). ILM is doing the effects. A real trailer will come later.

Speilberg is pretty directly involved, just not directing. Don Murphy said Bay's a perfectionist--that sounds like a good quality in a director to me.

Jewels

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." Malcolm Reynolds [/color]

"We don't dictate to countries, we liberate countries." Mitt Romney [/color]
jewels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2006, 11:38 AM   #3
Starkiller
Frak!- Apollo

Actually, i didnt see the trailer in Superman Returnes but i did see it in POTCMC, like LordKingjason said, it starts with the launch of the Beagle 2 Mars Rover (An actual spacecraft) and the words, "In 2003, the Beagle 2 Mars Rover Was launched" Then it shows it going thrugh the atmosphere. Then a black screen with the words "We were told it crashed", (Which it did), Then a black screen with "Its last transmission was classified top secret." (Also true) Then it shows the Beagle 2 switching its cameras on and veiwing the terrain, ballons, parachute, etc. Then it roll's off the landing pad. Another black screen fades in reading, "It was The only warning" Then another screen of words quickly fills in, "We would ever get" Then it shows the Rover stumbling and switching cameras untill it gets to the sky camera and that reveals a Transformer wich then smashes the Beagle 2. Then there is a veiw of earth from space, the veiw pulls back to reveal a transforming hunk of metal that reads, TRANSFORMERS a Michael Bay film. Then it transforms to the date, 9-2-6 i think
Old July 9th, 2006, 11:39 AM   #4
Starkiller
Frak!- Apollo

Actually, i didnt see the trailer in Superman Returnes but i did see it in POTC: DMC, like LordKingjason said, it starts with the launch of the Beagle 2 Mars Rover (An actual spacecraft) and the words, "In 2003, the Beagle 2 Mars Rover Was launched" Then it shows it going thrugh the atmosphere. Then a black screen with the words "We were told it crashed", (Which it did), Then a black screen with "Its last transmission was classified top secret." (Also true) Then it shows the Beagle 2 switching its cameras on and veiwing the terrain, ballons, parachute, etc. Then it roll's off the landing pad. Another black screen fades in reading, "It was The only warning" Then another screen of words quickly fills in, "We would ever get" Then it shows the Rover stumbling and switching cameras untill it gets to the sky camera and that reveals a Transformer wich then smashes the Beagle 2. Then there is a veiw of earth from space, the veiw pulls back to reveal a transforming hunk of metal that reads, TRANSFORMERS a Michael Bay film. Then it transforms to the date, 9-2-6 i think
Old July 9th, 2006, 01:30 PM   #5
jewels
Stablemaster, Livery Ship

FORUM STAFFFleet Modertor
Colonial Fleets

The date's 7/4/07

I've watched it 2-3 times as a download. Love the transforming letters.

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." Malcolm Reynolds [/color]

"We don't dictate to countries, we liberate countries." Mitt Romney [/color]
jewels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2006, 01:58 AM   #6
KJ
Strike Leader

Set diaries of TF are up!

Go here at...

The Air Force Base shoot with Michael Bay set interview.

http://www.af.mil/shared/media/av/main.html?showid=1229

Interviews with Tyrese Gibson, Josh Duhamel and Shia LaBeouf on the film's set

http://xtramsn.co.nz/entertainment/0...25-300,00.html

And news of Michael Clark Duncan dropping out of TF

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=15343

All these bits of news look to be very interesting?

Quote:
But, don't worry. They're still on good terms. "Let me clear that right now. Michael is my action director. If he's up for anything I'll vote for him. When he wants me to do something, he can call me and say Michael I have a project for you. I will drop everything to go work for Michael Bay because I know him. He's the nicest guy even though he hollers and he bitches and all that, he's like a little chi-wa-wa (he starts barking) and you're like here little dog. Come here. Come here. That's what Michael Bay is."
Hmmmmmmmm?

Enjoy!

KJ
Old July 12th, 2006, 02:14 PM   #7
Enigma
Shuttle Pilot

I've been waiting so long for a live action Transformers movie, I can't help feeling it's gonna be a let down for me. That said I'm a big kid at heart, so I'm pretty sure when the full trailers start churning out I'll turn into a puddle of my own goo...

:P
Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2006, 09:00 AM   #8
KJ
Strike Leader

Many Transformers fans are pretty hardcore about the changes made to the movie on the internet. And with good reason, but true its a wait and see kinda think really? We'll react to certain bits of news dropped about it but until the real teaser trailer hits we're left with nothing but guess work from all the pictures and news hints being posted online etc.

KJ