Go Back   Colonial Fleets > REEL-WORLD CONNECTION > My Collections > Mary's Collectibles
Notices

Old August 11th, 2015, 06:45 PM   #1
skippercollecto
Squadron Leader

Default colonial warriors jacket

I went garage sale-ing last weekend. I found a Colonial Warriors jacket, the one that was advertised in Starlog magazine. I never ever expected to see one!
It was hanging in the family's cover tent with some other clothing. My eyes widened because I wasn't sure of what I was seeing was real. I knew for sure what the jacket was once I saw the mandala/patch on the upper right arm.
The jacket is in mint condition and doesn't even smell musty. The seller said it had belonged to his younger brother. The family couldn't figure out why I wanted the jacket. They kept trying to sell me used personally recorded VHS tapes and I wasn't interested in them at all! I bought the jacket for $20, and I have no idea if that is a good price because I've never seen one for sale before.
It is a boys' size 14 (too small for an adult) and was made by a company called Unlimited. There are actually washing instructions on it as well. The jacket is made of a soft corduroy. It still has the pins at the collar. I always thought the closures would snap shut, but they are actually slotted and the one piece slides into the other.
I'm not sure what color it is supposed to be. It is not the Crayola crayon/topsoil brown of the series' jackets. Rather it is a deep olive that sometimes looks medium brownish but in other lighting has a green cast to it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg col warr jacket.jpg (215.1 KB, 23 views)
skippercollecto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2015, 08:54 PM   #2
Lara
Squadron Leader

Default Re: colonial warriors jacket

Totally jealous..

I so badly wanted one of the at the time, but we couldn't afford such luxuries.
I barely got to get every release of Starlog mag and often had to choose between that and a 2000AD special :-)

Given its condition I would say $20 was an excellent price

Great find
Old August 25th, 2015, 01:39 PM   #3
Charybdis
Battlestar Callisto

Great price!! I have one sized I think 16 and it actually fits my wife!!! We had it dyed a more correct brown and she uses it when she dresses as a Warrior!!

http://bscallisto.proboards.com/index.cgi
Charybdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2015, 07:56 PM   #4
Lara
Squadron Leader

Sweet. I also like the way your sig fits with the post LOL
Old November 19th, 2015, 01:16 PM   #5
Jayworld
Warrior

Yes, for whatever reason the "Starlog" Colonial Warriors jacket was a lighter brown. I think I have the ad in one of my old back-issues; will have to check. You got a fantastic price. They rarely come up on eBay.....
Old February 26th, 2017, 06:35 PM   #6
ernie90125
Also Present

There seems to be one of these on eBay here :

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/301870586874?ul_noapp=true
ernie90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2017, 01:52 AM   #7
Jubal
Warrior

Loved those back in the 70's I believe one friend in elementary school had one. I simply had my windbreaker, which I would wear open like on the show, with my blaster (a stick) stuck in my pocket, ready to whip out and blast Cylons (girls mainly).

Sometimes I would be in ceremonial garb so I would wear the wind breaker over my shoulder and snap the top button only.

Kindergarden was all about Star Wars. I was C3PO, my good friend was Han Solo, we'd bring in some anonymous cute kid to play Luke, and we had this girl along who would dress as Princess Leia and would be kissing all over me. And I would be all "No no.. Master Luke is over there... he's over there..." :P

First grade was Battle of the Planets (G-Force, later found out was "Science Ninja Team Gatchaman"), and yes, Battlestar Galacica.

And yes to bring full circle, one kid had one of those coats. Was cool. I still got to be Starbuck. :P
Jubal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2017, 08:48 AM   #8
Charybdis
Battlestar Callisto

In case you still want a BSG jacket, ANOVOS has just released their pre-order for their new BSG classic jacket. Priced at $300...not too bad...

Old August 21st, 2017, 10:06 PM   #9
FleetCon
Shuttle Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charybdis View Post
In case you still want a BSG jacket, ANOVOS has just released their pre-order for their new BSG classic jacket. Priced at $300...not too bad...
Hmm, I may check this out later on.
FleetCon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2017, 02:23 PM   #10
monolith21
Squadron Leader

They have the prototype on display at NYCC. Apparently it is made of a denim looking micro-corduroy. Interesting choice given the original fabric. That said, it looks like it is made quite well.

Lt. Killian
Blackstar Squadron
"The Fighting Faithful"

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."
-Albert Einstein
monolith21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2017, 07:08 AM   #11
Charybdis
Battlestar Callisto

THey put up a blog post at ANOVOS detailing the originals and their copy. Interesting read. I too wondered about that micro-corduroy but when you see the originals up close, it's a pretty good match.