peter noble
Strike Leader

Colonial Fan ForceCo-Founder
Colonial Fan Force
COMMAND INSIGNIACo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com

Default BSG 12" Exclusive Figures Press Release

COLLECTOR’S EDITION SET OF 12” CLASSIC BATTLESTAR

GALACTICA FIGURES LIMITED TO ONLY 500 PIECES.

(January 6, 2006) - - Online retailer Time and Space Toys (www.timeandspacetoys.com) has partnered, with toy manufacturer Majestic Studios, to be the exclusive retailer of a special edition boxed set of 12” collectible figures from the classic 1978 BATTLESTAR GALACTICA TV series produced by Universal Studios. The figures, limited to only 500 sets of Lt. Starbuck and Captain Apollo, are based on the “Experiment in Terra” episode in which the two popular characters are enlisted by the “light of truth and good” that radiates from the “Ship of Lights” to save planet Terra from global destruction.

In this episode, the characters’ uniforms and accessories, from their Viper helmets down to their boots, miraculously turn white when in the presence of this protecting white aura. The figures in the boxed set will display an amazing attention to detail with each uniform, including guns and gear reproduced in pure white.

The deluxe packaging features an embossed white on white flapped window box in a clear acetate sleeve. The sets are individually numbered and come with a ‘Certificate of Authenticity’ personally autographed by actor Richard Hatch, who portrayed the lead central character, Captain Apollo.

“We are proud to offer Battlestar Galactica fans such an elegant product and are confident that it will hit a bright spot in their collections,” says Time & Space Toys president Kevin Kriess. “We continue to remain on the forefront of today's hot properties by partnering with innovative and bold companies such as Majestic Studios.” The “Experiment in Terra” two-pack has a projected release date of January 2006.

Time and Space Toys, family owned and operated, is an online retailer of high-quality, licensed toys and collectibles based on entertainment properties. Since 1997, the company has served tens of thousands of customers across the United States and in over 55 countries around the world. Time & Space Toys has established itself as one of the major retailers of licensed television and film merchandise.

Majestic Studios is the product releasing division of BOOM Ltd., a Hong Kong-based action figure/collectibles and manufacturing consultant firm, specializing in internationally recognized licensed characters.

Old January 6th, 2006, 09:34 AM   #2
Charybdis
Battlestar Callisto

Wow! $94.99 preorder price....I love them, but I think I'll still go with the regular color figures...

http://bscallisto.proboards.com/index.cgi
Charybdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2006, 02:51 PM   #3
captmiloman
Bad Email Address

I recieved the standard 12" Apollo from Amazon.com last week. I'm really impressed by the detail on these figures. I'll probably pass on the exclusive figures, due to price.
captmiloman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2006, 07:08 PM   #4
Gemini1999
Strike Leader

FORUM STAFFFleet Moderator
Colonial Fleets

Quote:
Originally Posted by captmiloman
I recieved the standard 12" Apollo from Amazon.com last week. I'm really impressed by the detail on these figures. I'll probably pass on the exclusive figures, due to price.
captmiloman -

Just wait until they pop up on eBay....that's what I did with the standard figures. It might take a bit of time, but you can always get something cheaper on eBay!

Bryan

"If you love long enough, wish hard enough, anything is possible" - From The Boy Who Could Fly
Gemini1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2006, 10:10 AM   #5
TopGun
Strike Leader

I got my regular Apollo for about £25