Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old March 23rd, 2004, 01:27 PM   #1
launchcruiser7
On Vacation...

Question number and types of fleets in colonial navy /marines

in the show only two fleets are talked about the fifth and this sixth which fleet was the galactica in might there have been 6 fleets two battlestars per fleet or was there 12 one per colony i think there was 13 five battlestars one fleet per ship five warstars fleets two ships<WARSTARS> per fleet two patol fleets guard colonys protect shiping and one specical mission fleet two warstars three pulsestars and the marine battlestar liberina BATTLESTARSPOO web site most of the warstars were never built and allmost 80 percent of the alpha/beta comline ships<CAPITAL went with cain and the fifth fleet just my idea PS THE COLOMBIA MIGHT HAVE BEEN AT THE COLONYS GUARDING THE STAR KOBOL LIKE THE SILVER CYCLON vulpa SAID TO CREE IN GUN ON ZERO any thoughts long live bsg pss my base star model has ten launch bays only 30 ships per bay ??? hope they only use one at a time on the show they allways show them landing in the middle when thr bays are on the top and bottom souce col tigh hand of god 300fighters launch when ready : :
launchcruiser7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2004, 04:56 PM   #2
Antelope

I read elsewhere and this may be of some help:

Although alluded to in the Pegasus episodes and the episode when Starbuck landed on Proteus among the "bootleggers" it appears that the colonials had slowly been losing the 1,000 yahren war. Although they had many fleets earlier on it appears they suffered a catastrophic defeat at the Battle of Molachy (sp?) two yahrns before Saga of A Star World. All (at that point <Molachy> I only think two fleets remained) colonial fleets were destroyed except the fleet that guarded the homeworlds. It is for this reason they were willing to accept an armistice with the cylons. Many thought this better than eventual military defeat with no terms. Only one fleet remained at the time of the armistice. That fleet, which included the Galactica was assembled at the armistice point. All remaining colonial warships in the fleet were destroyed at the armistice point except the Galactica and the Pegasus. The Pegasus survived the Battle of Molachy and was cut off from the colonial military until it reunited with the Galactica during TOS.
Old March 2nd, 2012, 10:38 PM   #3
Senmut
Strike Leader

Default Re: number and types of fleets in colonial navy /marines

When awarding Cronus his medal, Adama says that he, Cronus, had commanded the Rycon, "and the 4th Colonial Fleet". Obviously, there were more than two. While it is not canon, my take was that, given that Adama says Cronus retired shortly before the Destruction, that the battle of Casmaro Archipelego was a Colonial victory. Cronus rallied his battered forces, and destroyed three BaseShips. Since he made it home, the Cylons must have taken a serious astrum-kicking in that engagement. Perhaps enough to make up for their victory at Molacay, and precipitate the Armstice offer.
Thoughts?
----------------------------
"You know the night before was a tough one when even the sound of the fizz hurts your head." -Mike Hammer.
Senmut is offline   Reply With Quote