Go Back   Colonial Fleets > REJUVENATION CENTER > Galactica Cafe
Notices
Galactica Cafe A place to socialize and have fun!

Old December 29th, 2004, 09:38 AM   #31
Muffit
Muff Daggy

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner:
Colonial Fleets

Sounds wonderful dearest Kitty!!!

Btw, I too am knew to digital cameras, but it's really quite easy to share your new pics (much easier in fact than just a few years ago).

Your digital camera probably has a little memory card in it to hold all your pictures. Some use "SD", some use "Memory Stick", etc. Anywho, it's just a little band-aid sized card that slides into the side (usually) of your camera. You simply get a card reader for your computer for about $14.95 at any office supply (make sure it will read your type of memory card, or better yet, get one of the ones that read /anything/). The card reader is a very cheap little gadget, it's simply a connector on a USB cable that plugs into your computer. Then you simply remove the memory card from your camera and insert it into that reader (while the computer is running), and if you're on XP, Windows will detect the insertion of the card automatically (usually with a pretty musical sound). SOme computers are already set up to prompt you right away for copying the pics to your computer (so you don't have to do a thing). And sometimes you have to install a small software applet that comes with your card reader. ANywho, everything is usually self prompting, so it's a no brainer. If all else fails, simply use Windows Explorer and treat the card reader as you would any other removeable drive.

Once the pics are on your computer, you need to upload them somewhere on the internet so you can link to them with a url here on Fleets. There are tons of free image hosting sites where you can upload them. Once your pics are uploaded, you just click either the IMG or URL icons in the title bar of this post creator, enter the URL of your pic(s), and away you go!!

Does this help??? We'd LOVE to see some!!!

Muffit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2004, 11:42 AM   #32
bsg1fan1975
Major

kitty,

I wanted to share an idea with you. If you do not want to go through the expense of hiring a professional photographer to take pictures at the wedding or reception get someone to do the picture taking for the ceremony and then set out the cameras that they just take the film out and they throw away the rest of the camera when the film is developed! That is what I did at my reception. It was a cost effective measure for my wedding.

Cheese: [has tinfoil on his teeth] I have braces!
Mac: You found that on the ground, didn't you?
Cheese: Garbage can.
-episode "Mac Daddy"Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends"
bsg1fan1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2004, 07:11 PM   #33
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty
I just thought that I should share my great news with all my friends here at Fleets.

This little Kitty is a very happy feline. The cat that has got the cream!

On Saturday, the man of my dreams got down on bended knee and asked me to marry him. What was a girl to do?
Obviously, I said YES!
I am now the proud wearer of a beautiful diamond ring, and cant wait to marry my Mr Right/ Perfect.
Mazoltov dear one
shiningstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2005, 05:18 AM   #34
kitty
Bad Email Address

Here are some photos of the Manor House.
We took them last week, so on the day, it shouldnt look as bleak, as it does now in winter.

The drive way is lovely, you can see the manor house through the trees. I hope they have a load of spring bulbs along it!

(Thanks Martok for your help )
kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2005, 05:49 AM   #35
julix
Bad Email Address

Such beautiful pictures!!!!!I wish I could be there right now!!!I am so happy for you Kitty, enjoy every second
julix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2005, 05:59 AM   #36
kitty
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Originally Posted by julix
Such beautiful pictures!!!!!I wish I could be there right now!!!I am so happy for you Kitty, enjoy every second
Thankyou Julix.

I intend to enjoy it as much as possible.

Thanks Bsg for your imput. The disposable camera idea has become very popular over here, so I think we may get some. I am glad it worked for your wedding.

Any other ideas from anyone would be welcome!
Old January 1st, 2005, 12:15 PM   #37
doc834
Bad Email Address

Wink

That's great, Kitty, and on my birthday, too.
doc834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2005, 07:40 AM   #38
unowhoandwhy
Strike Leader

Cool

I said my congratulations when I first heard the news, but I want to say them again in this forum!

Congratulations kitty! I am so happy for you!

He is a lucky guy and a wonderful addition to your family as well! Of course, I can't help feeling a TINY bit smug, as I remember being the one to have the idea on where to meet him in the first place! Since I am not QUITE ready for that big of a step I am glad it was you who found someone and not me! You deserve all of the happiness you have found, my friend!!!

Now, if only the Florida idea had worked I could have been there for the big day! I will be with you in spirit, though!

Each smallest act of kindness reverbrates across great distances and spans of time, affecting lives unknown to the one whose generous spirit was the source of this good echo, because kindness is passed on and grows each time it's passed, until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage years later and far away. Likewise, each small meanness, each expression of hatred, each act of evil.

This Momentous Day, H. R. White

unowhoandwhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2005, 09:25 AM   #39
kitty
Bad Email Address

Thankyou Uno.

I have only just started hunting for a wedding dress, and so far it looks like I am going to have alot of problems. As soon as you mention that you need it in 8 weeks, they look at you in horror and say fat chance, you need to give at least 16 weeks notice to get it made. At this rate, I will have to do a Britney, and get married in a tracksuit!!!
Old January 5th, 2005, 01:56 PM   #40
gmd3d
Major

16 weeks notice for your wedding dress, ouch. what colour tracksuit are you think off? i hate to clash don't you,

"The world is my country, science my religion.”
gmd3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2005, 01:36 AM   #41
thomas7g
out there somewhere

COMMAND INSIGNIAFormer Admin (ret)
Colonial Fleets
BattlestarGalactica-Fleets.com
Owner
Ship Of Lights Forum

test

"There is a meaning for wings that can not fly!
Its a precious memory of when you once flew in the sky."
thomas7g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2005, 01:41 AM   #42
thomas7g
out there somewhere

COMMAND INSIGNIAFormer Admin (ret)
Colonial Fleets
BattlestarGalactica-Fleets.com
Owner
Ship Of Lights Forum

YAY! Tommy Fixed the thread!

"There is a meaning for wings that can not fly!
Its a precious memory of when you once flew in the sky."
thomas7g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2005, 03:10 AM   #43
kitty
Bad Email Address

Thanks Thomas, you are an angel!
Old January 14th, 2005, 05:25 PM   #44
unowhoandwhy
Strike Leader

Any new news, kitty?

Each smallest act of kindness reverbrates across great distances and spans of time, affecting lives unknown to the one whose generous spirit was the source of this good echo, because kindness is passed on and grows each time it's passed, until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage years later and far away. Likewise, each small meanness, each expression of hatred, each act of evil.

Old January 15th, 2005, 09:09 AM   #45
kitty
Bad Email Address

I have had a terrible time with the bridesmaid dresses. It seems that they need as much time as the brides! I have mine, by the way! Phew!!!!
The dress my daughter and I love, the other bridesmaid and her mother (my friend), hates. Its getting to the point where, I have put it to her that she either goes along with it or she isnt going to be my bridesmaid. Her problem with it is that she thinks its too plain. She wants one of those big flouncy meringue types, which will not suit my 11 year old. I dont think she has heard that sometimes less is more! And if I dont order the dress by monday lunch time, it will not be here in time of the wedding. I am waiting on her reply as to whether she will be bridesmaid or not. And after the way she was today (down right rude and impolite), I am seriously hoping that she backs out. It would make my life so much easier.
Old January 15th, 2005, 09:18 AM   #46
amberstar
Strike Leader

Kitty,
Hope all is going well with the planing.......
Old January 15th, 2005, 09:41 AM   #47
braxiss
Major

kitty, remember it's your day, and you have every right to have it your way, put your foot down and let the peices fall where they may.

keep smiling and enjoy every momenet
Old January 15th, 2005, 09:54 AM   #48
amberstar
Strike Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by braxiss
kitty, remember it's your day, and you have every right to have it your way, put your foot down and let the peices fall where they may.

keep smiling and enjoy every momenet

Braxiss is right Kitty it is your special day, you should have everything that you want hun.
Old January 15th, 2005, 10:13 AM   #49
Rowan
On Vacation...

What the heck can’t people feel the honour of just being asked by the bride to be a bridesmaid? I’ve never been asked I’d have given anything for such a special singling out by a girlfriend. Is it even appropriate for your friend to voice an opinion on the dress, let alone tell you she hates it and what kind of dress you should pick? It’s the Bride’s wedding not hers!! Ditch the ingrate Kitty!! Who needs that kind of crap!! Your stressed enough as it is if she was any kind of a friend she wouldn’t be adding to your stress she’d be doing what she could to reduce it!!

(((((((((((((((((((Kitty))))))))))))))))))))))))
Rowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2005, 09:29 AM   #50
kitty
Bad Email Address

Rowan, if you could get here, I would have you as a bridesmaid!

This kitty has stuck to her guns, and she is having the dress she wants. I have also told the bridesmaid that I will not have her, seeing that she would never be happy with what I choose. I dont need the agro or the stress. I will ask my fiances nephew if he wants to be a page boy instead. I can get him the same (but obviously a mini version) morning suit that both our dads will be wearing. I think that it would look great, so fingers crossed that he wants the job.
Old January 19th, 2005, 11:58 AM   #51
unowhoandwhy
Strike Leader

Awww... I bet the little boy will look adorable in a morning suit. Your daughter is going to look adorable, kitty, especially since you don't want those horrid, flouncy dresses! And I am sure that you will be a glowing, beautiful bride!

Old February 1st, 2005, 12:38 PM   #52
kitty
Bad Email Address

I certainly hope so!

My Fiance comes home tomorrow and I cant wait. I am so excited. I havent seen him for a month, which has felt like eternity. At least he can take over on some of the arrangements, while I am at work, with my new job.
Old February 1st, 2005, 01:53 PM   #53
Alaric
Bad Email Address

LOL

Consider this:

A wedding cake shaped like a Basestar.

Best wishes.
Alaric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2005, 03:48 AM   #54
bsg1fan1975
Major

Kitty I know what you are going through. I went through it too as I had the same problems with my niece and sis about the colors I picked from my theme which was Victorian. I wore a cream colored dress and wanted my bridesmaids and matron of honor in Burgundy but sis and niece put up a stink and said the burgundy would make them look fat. So I was to the point of tears when my mom came up with an idea that helped me keep from having a major blow up. She suggested I get a list of Victorian colors and let the attendants pick out their own colors. My niece still did not go with the color pallette though, she wore a black dress with a white and gold blazer. The only one who wore burgundy was my baby sister and she looked so adorable in it.

I digressed there but my point is don't let anyone tell you what to do, its your wedding and you have the right as the bride to do what you want. Heck, if you have any thrift stores or consignment shops if you cannot get the dress made that you want go see what they have to offer. i found mine in one of those stores and I paid considerably less than what a bridal shop would want! I got mine for $20, but it was goregeous.

Cheese: [has tinfoil on his teeth] I have braces!
Mac: You found that on the ground, didn't you?
Cheese: Garbage can.
-episode "Mac Daddy"Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends"
bsg1fan1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2005, 05:43 AM   #55
unowhoandwhy
Strike Leader

I bet I haven't heard from our kitty in a while because she is spending all her time with that fiance of hers! Lucky feline!

Old February 11th, 2005, 05:35 AM   #56
kitty
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Originally Posted by unowhoandwhy
I bet I haven't heard from our kitty in a while because she is spending all her time with that fiance of hers! Lucky feline!

Sorry folks, I have been so busy and yes, some of it with my beloved!
I had missed him while he was away and wanted to make some of that time up.
I have also been busy with my new job, which I started 4 weeks ago. Its been a bit of a career change for me, but I am enjoying the challenges.

As to the wedding;
I have my page boy and bridesmaid sorted. And I have got exactly what I want, which was expensive, but I will only be doing this the once so its worth it!
My friend, who's daughter was going to be the bridesmaid, will not be coming to our wedding. That was their choice. She admitted to me relunctantly that she regrets their behaviour over the dress. Her daughter, was and still is upset she will miss out. After all that they had said and done, I still do not want her as a bridesmaid, so its their hard cheese! A lesson learnt for them I suppose. Am I cruel and mean?

Thanks for your tips Bsg. I have already got my dresses, which the cost could probably feed a small country! I would love to see some of your wedding photos.

And as to the wedding cake suggestion, Alaric......

And its one month to this day that I get married to the love of my life, I cant wait!!!
Old February 11th, 2005, 06:36 AM   #57
gmd3d
Major

Thumbs up

Good to hear from you Kitty ... and that all is well with your prewedding plans...Its your day so plan it as you want.

"The world is my country, science my religion.”
gmd3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2005, 08:08 AM   #58
BRG
Warrior

Thumbs up Congratulations!

Congratulations Kitty!

I've just been reading about your fall out with your friend. I'm speechless at her appalling behaviour! She should be ashamed of herself. I think it was generous of you to still invite them, I'm not sure I would. But just to repeat what everybody else has already said, this is YOUR big day, if your friend can't realize this then she has serious problems. Don't lose any sleep, or even waste a second worrying about it. Just enjoy a once in a lifetime experience.

You said your fiance is in the forces. Will he be in dress uniform on the big day? My brother wore his Army dress uniform at his wedding, and it really makes a man look great! The rest of us guys looked plain ordinary in comparison!

So, just one month to go! Are you having a hen night? Or are you too much of a lady?
The Manor House looks ideal, it will be a lovley setting.

My very best wishes.
BRG
BRG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2005, 08:23 AM   #59
unowhoandwhy
Strike Leader

I am just sad that I can't be there! But very happy for you, nevertheless!

Old February 11th, 2005, 12:29 PM   #60
Archangel
Bad Email Address

Hi, Kitty

Sorry I can't be there for the wedding, but I'm looking forward to hearing all about it.
Archangel is offline   Reply With Quote