Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old February 26th, 2004, 01:44 PM   #1
Soulmage
Shuttle Pilot

Default Ron Moore Interview

Here was a comment from Ron Moore's Feb 26 interview with an unmentionable site that I found insightful:

RM: I’m very optimistic. I mean, the truth is, at every stage since I’ve come on board this project two years ago, I have heard the doom and gloom. And every single time those voices have been wrong. When it was announced it was a remake, they said, oh, it will never get made. When it was made they said it will never be aired. When it was aired they said the ratings would tank the first night. When the ratings on the first night were good they said, oh, the ratings on the second night will be in the toilet, and then the ratings went up, and then after that they said it will never get picked up to series and now it’s picked up to series and now they’re saying it’ll fail as a series, so it’s like every single time I’ve heard this it’s been proven wrong! And I’m still optimistic, cause I feel like it’s a good show and I think that the ratings and the critical response proves that and it will continue to be a good show, it will be successful as my production.

Maybe the series will be a success, maybe it won't. But for me it represents a shining beacon of potential for good, gritty sci-fi during a time when there is virtually none available on T.V. these days.

I think its a good show too, and I'm probably going to enjoy it. I think there are a lot of others out there who will too.
Soulmage is offline   Reply With Quote