Go Back   Colonial Fleets > FLEET COMMLINE ALPHA > Galactica and Fleets News
Notices
Galactica and Fleets News ADMIN ANNOUNCED, BATTLESTAR GALACTICA and
COLONIAL FLEETS NEWS
ONLY please.

Old October 14th, 2006, 02:42 AM   #1
Bijou88

Default New Galactica Comics: Cylon Apocalypse

At the following link, you will find an interview with the writer of the next Battlestar Calactica comic book miniseries. It is sceduled to come out in early 2007.

www.comicbookresources.com
Old October 14th, 2006, 09:17 AM   #2
KJ
Strike Leader

Thanks for putting up this link Bijou88! Here's one to the page though.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/ne...em.cgi?id=8609

This new story they've got planned sounds intriging; "Cylon Apocalypse".

Quote:
"It's a big, epic war story about Adama having to make a daring forward assault on the Cylons even as he has to protect his fleet and more importantly his ethics," Grillo-Marxuach explained. "It's also a story about Starbuck balancing his roguish nature with a growing understanding of his own mortality. And it's also about blowing up the frackin' bad guys. A lot of frackin' bad guys."

While Grillo-Marxuach acknowledges and was certainly careful to stay within the established boundaries of classic "Battlestar Galactica," he also wanted to challenge himself as a writer and try something a little different and perhaps push the characters and situations in new and unique directions. "The place where I did allow myself to bring in some new blood was on the Cylon side. I wanted to create a crisis in the Cylon leadership without treading on some of the territory that the new series is exploring so splendidly. In this miniseries, you will get a little more of a glimpse of the Cylon hierarchy and see them suppress a serious threat from within," said Grillo-Marxuach.

Hmmm... enough synopsis to get any Galactica fan curious.

Since the Cylons in the classic series are based on the ancient Roman Empire. The story sounds almost like those bickering I.L. Series Cylons are squabling for power in the Cylon senate or to over throw the Imperious Leader i suppose?

Who said the original series couldn't go in a more dramatic direction eh?

Hope these new BG comics turn out to be alright, as they sound full of promise!

KJ
Old October 14th, 2006, 10:26 AM   #3
Bijou88

Thanks for fixing the link LKJ! I, for one, can't wait to get my hands on these new adventures. I have been lurking in comic shops every Wednesday waiting to snap up a copy. So far no luck. As for the new miniseries announced in the article, I am looking forward to it.

It seems that the writer, Grillo-Marxuach, is a die-hard fan and wants to do a comic book version the show in a faithful fashion. Time will tell. The remark that he wants to highlight Cylon politics is interesting. I enjoyed the catty infighting between Lucifer and Spectre in "The Magnificent Warriors." Perhaps there will be more of this in the second mini series.
Old October 16th, 2006, 02:28 PM   #4
KJ
Strike Leader

That was "The Young Lords" which Lucifer and Spectre bickered in, wasn't it?

KJ
Old October 16th, 2006, 03:07 PM   #5
Bijou88

Yes, you are right. I always get those two episode titles confused.