Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old February 10th, 2004, 09:23 AM   #1
nccdee
Warrior

Default It's Official/BGS03 series announced

Sci-Fi Channel officially announces new series. 13 episodes ordered. You can read the announcement at their website. No air date set.

nccdee
nccdee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2004, 09:39 AM   #2
Kester Pelagius
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Originally Posted by nccdee
Sci-Fi Channel officially announces new series. 13 episodes ordered. You can read the announcement at their website. No air date set.
Here's a link to the Sci-Fi wire article:

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/art-m...2/10/13.30.sfc
Kester Pelagius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2004, 10:09 AM   #3
unowhoandwhy
Strike Leader

Exclamation

I don't want to offend the fans of TOS who don't like the mini for whatever reason, but can I give a small but very happy shout of joy that the BSG universe, in whatever incarnation, is continuing into the 21st century? I am so happy for Aaron (and the others of course). But, I am especially glad for Aaron, as he deserves more exposure and this could be the show to show the world what a fine actor he is.

So here's to you Aaron & the rest of the cast and crew.

And here's to a universe that is big enough for both incarnations, and then some.
unowhoandwhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2004, 10:35 AM   #4
BarrymoreYorke

Hear hear!
Old February 10th, 2004, 10:37 AM   #5
Antelope

I read the article and I think it says a lot that ALL fans of Battlestar Galactica can be happy about. From what I read of Moore I have thought he will be much truer to the original spirit of Galactica while importing the realism current audiences seem to want. His statement about the new series is very positive and respectful toward TOS. He obviously wants to remake the Pegasus episodes and wants to put the ships of light religion into the plot. Notice he said he will be rewatching all 22 episodes of TOS AGAIN. I could tell from his earlier interviews that he was very familiar with the TOS episodes but was holding back for mini marketing reasons. In the SCIFI article Moore expressed the ideas I have seen most TOS fans express about their desires for a new series to include real roles for the original cast if they want to be on board, cameos if they just want to pay homage to TOS, avoiding the planet of the week episodes, and pulling the most popular concepts from TOS.

I hope everyone watches the first few episodes of the new series. I would love to see EVERYONES comments. I think if Moore sticks to his word he will give us the Battlestar we know and loved with a dose of the reality one would face if their homeworld really was destroyed and you were a military force on the run with civilians and low on supplies. I don't think we'll be partying on the Rising Star too often in the new series.

Moore needed to grab the audience with a bang at the mini. SCIFI may not have made a Saga of A Star World but they generated a marketing coup by word of mouth among the SCIFI world. Some of the anger and contraversy gave Galactica just what it needed which is exposure to a new generation. If Kara Thrace was called Sheba instead of Starbuck SCIFI wouldn't have got the publicity it needed. Sometimes people care more about a name than a character and the SCIFI marketers knew exactly what they were doing. I even bet dragging out this announcement served to generate more publicity for them. They are not as stupid as we like to believe.

Galactica--Welcome back to television! Now go kick some cylon ass!
Old February 10th, 2004, 11:49 AM   #6
feldergarb

Yes today is a good day indeed
Old February 10th, 2004, 02:50 PM   #7
JLHurley
Warrior

I'm anxious to see what Moore and company will do with the series. Surely they'll wait until the season finale for a Pegasus episode...!

Moore planning on sitting down...and watching the original series? It sure would be nice to hear him offer more positive remarks about it than what we've heard in the past.
Old February 10th, 2004, 03:15 PM   #8
Lt Dallas

Can't wait. SO SAY WE ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lt Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2004, 04:13 PM   #9
callsignfalcon
Warrior

I can't wait either! *skips off to read the article *
callsignfalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2004, 07:09 PM   #10
warhammerdriver
Bad Email Address

Good news for the entire BSG universe, indeed.
warhammerdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2004, 07:20 PM   #11
BST
Snowball, My Angel Baby

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
Colonial Fleets

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHurley
Moore planning on sitting down...and watching the original series? It sure would be nice to hear him offer more positive remarks about it than what we've heard in the past.
I'm encouraged to hear this. It may help him to understand what it was that we were trying to preserve.
You have come to journey's end
Sleep now
And dream of the ones who came before
They are calling
From across the distant shore .

Children are a message that we send
to a time that we will never see.
BST is offline   Reply With Quote