Go Back   Colonial Fleets > ALTERNATE UNIVERSES > Other Science Fiction Shows
Notices
Other Science Fiction Shows A place to discuss all of the other Sci-Fi shows
which may tickle your fancy!

Old March 14th, 2004, 05:04 PM   #1
dec5
Warrior

Default Love President Hayes...

He is a Republican...and seems to act a bit like GW Bush......

Vice President Kinsey reminds me of a Republican LBJ.....

But for my Democrat friends on this board...William Devane also played JFK on TV years ago...so there is something for everyone the new prez can offer....
dec5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2004, 06:10 PM   #2
thomas7g
out there somewhere

COMMAND INSIGNIAFormer Admin (ret)
Colonial Fleets
BattlestarGalactica-Fleets.com
Owner
Ship Of Lights Forum

Actually, doesn't he remind you of Col Oneill in his humor?

I like him. And its really good to finally see the White House involved with decisions relating to the security of the World. I always thought there was a little bit missing with SG1 in that it had outgrown itself. We needed to see more growth in our defense systems. Until the season ending, we had experimental improvements, but otherwise SG-1 is working with the same gear and reinforcements it had on day one.

I would like it if Hammond has lots of scenes involving the President from now on.

"There is a meaning for wings that can not fly!
Its a precious memory of when you once flew in the sky."
thomas7g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2004, 06:53 PM   #3
warhammerdriver
Bad Email Address

Mr Devane is a good actor. Always did like his work (not nessacarily the show, though).

Is he going to be in SG:Atlantis?
warhammerdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2004, 09:23 AM   #4
unowhoandwhy
Strike Leader

Default The new prez

Quote:
Originally Posted by dec5
He is a Republican...and seems to act a bit like GW Bush......
Oh, so that's why I didn't like the ep!

But seriously, I did actually like his dry humor. I am glad that he didn't let slimey ole Kinsey completely snow him. Is he going to have more screen time or was that it? (I haven't seen the Lost City pt. 1 yet, so he may be in that I won't know till I watch the tape tonight.)

Each smallest act of kindness reverbrates across great distances and spans of time, affecting lives unknown to the one whose generous spirit was the source of this good echo, because kindness is passed on and grows each time it's passed, until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage years later and far away. Likewise, each small meanness, each expression of hatred, each act of evil.

This Momentous Day, H. R. White

unowhoandwhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2004, 07:28 AM   #5
unowhoandwhy
Strike Leader

OK, nevermind. I just saw Lost City Part 1 & answered my question about more screen time for the president. Would someone PLEASE zat Kinsey three times!?

And who thinks that the new head of the SGC looks WAY too much like Sam?

Each smallest act of kindness reverbrates across great distances and spans of time, affecting lives unknown to the one whose generous spirit was the source of this good echo, because kindness is passed on and grows each time it's passed, until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage years later and far away. Likewise, each small meanness, each expression of hatred, each act of evil.

This Momentous Day, H. R. White

unowhoandwhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2004, 11:37 AM   #6
thomas7g
out there somewhere

COMMAND INSIGNIAFormer Admin (ret)
Colonial Fleets
BattlestarGalactica-Fleets.com
Owner
Ship Of Lights Forum

I say we establish an incoming wormhole and then lead him into the room and tell him it leads to the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow and absolute power.

oh man that is so geeky. Only Stargate fanatics like us will understand that.

"There is a meaning for wings that can not fly!
Its a precious memory of when you once flew in the sky."
thomas7g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2004, 12:17 PM   #7
Proximo
Commodore
The Andorian Simpson

We could always put a goa'uld in him... except then he'd overpower it with his ego and become the biggest threat humanity ever faced.
Proximo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2004, 04:18 PM   #8
Sci-Fi
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Originally Posted by unowhoandwhy
OK, nevermind. I just saw Lost City Part 1 & answered my question about more screen time for the president. Would someone PLEASE zat Kinsey three times!?
Spoiler
Ronny Cox indicated in an recent interview that you will see more of Kinsey in season 8. So, the guy people can't stand is back. The question becomes who or whom is the head of that Cabal/organization? A goa'uld in disguise?

Quote:
And who thinks that the new head of the SGC looks WAY too much like Sam?
Actually, many gators feel Weir looks way better than Sam. Too bad Steen is being replaced by another actress and the character is moving to SG:Atlantis. Could have been an interesting conflict between Weir and Jack.

Getting back on track....The new President is pretty cool and calculating. Not someone to mess around with.
Sci-Fi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2004, 09:41 AM   #9
Antelope

I am willing to bet at somepoint Kinsey is going to try to work a deal with the goa'uld to take over the Earth with him as a Vice-Roy. If the show goes long enough I can see the plot mainly being about the SG1 force involved in this behind the scenes coup attempt against President Cox.

I wasn't happy to see General Hammond go although I understand this has all to do with the actor and not script writers. Personally I would have liked to see another General take over preferably someone who is already involved in the program. The role of a non-military conscious for the SGC is well filled by Daniel Jackson.

We are now in the old "we need a negotiator not a warrior mode". If that's what they wanted Daniel Jackson should be running the SGC. At least he wouldn't act like a girl who just found out that her Dad gave her a new car for her 16th birthday.

The Republican comments are interesting:
President Hayes: The way a Republican sees his party.
Vice President Kinsey: The way a Democrat sees the Republican Party.

On one show you satisfy both potential audiences.