Go Back   Colonial Fleets > ALTERNATE UNIVERSES > Other Science Fiction Shows
Notices
Other Science Fiction Shows A place to discuss all of the other Sci-Fi shows
which may tickle your fancy!

Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old March 12th, 2004, 08:33 PM   #1
agent404
Guest
 
Posts: n/a

Default I hate the new leader

Why did they make Dr.Weir the leader anyway? She's an inexpeirenced civilian that went over the whole stargate program in one night. Hammond should be in charge and I hope Kinsey gets a stomach full of lead.
  Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2004, 07:07 AM   #2
Stevew
Fleet Modeling Machine!
 
Stevew's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: chatsworth ca. us
Posts: 1,721


Default

I like her but they should keep Hammond in charge
Stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2004, 09:18 AM   #3
GalacticanCajun
Warrior
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: DALLAS, TX
Posts: 124

Default

I agree that Kinsey needs to be shot. He has his own personal agenda and has no concern for the welfare of the USA or planet earth.
GalacticanCajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2004, 01:18 PM   #4
Sci-Fi
Bad Email Address
 
Sci-Fi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Lost in the Neutral Zone
Posts: 656

Default

Jessica Steen did an excellent job as Dr. Weir. It remains to be seen how Torri Higgenson handles the role. Dr. Weir will be moving to SG:Atlantis and will be in charge of that project. A lot of fans thought Steen brought the bantering between characters back into SG1 and could have been a possible interest for Jack (no military regulations to violate as with Sam). Could have been interesting for awhile before the character moves to Atlantis.

SG1 needed to change because of RDA desire to spend more time raising his daughter. So promoting Jack to General (rumor, not confirmed yet) and putting him in charge of the SGC explains his absence in the episodes much better. There's a lot of speculations to what happens to Hammond and what his new job will be (Vice President replacing Kinsey, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, Commander of all Space Forces/Fleet, Head of all SG projects, Head of the NID, etc.), BUT I expect to see him do guest appearances throughout Season 8. Remember, Don S. Davis and Teryl Rothery's contracts weren't renewed/extended for Season 8, so guest appearences (saves the studio money) and character deaths may have been decided by TPTB.

Ronny Cox stated in interviews that Kinsey will be a big part of Season 8, so it may get interesting and SG1 may get darker, maybe more X-Files like stories. Who is Kinsey really working for and who is behind it all?

Also, expect to see Ishta (Jolene Blalock) back in a few episodes.

Spoiler
Anubis couldn't have been killed off so easily, so expect to see him back with a vengeance (ala Apophis).
Sci-Fi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2004, 02:20 PM   #5
thomas7g
out there somewhere
 
thomas7g's Avatar
 
COMMAND INSIGNIAFormer Admin (ret)
Colonial Fleets
BattlestarGalactica-Fleets.com
Owner
Ship Of Lights Forum

Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: The Ship Of Lights
Posts: 5,517


Default

Well... Anubis can't be around for too long.

I know Stargate Atlantis wants to have its own villians. So the Goa'uld will be taken care of next season. and frankly we have gotten all the mileage out of them that we can. They are no longer a credible villian. And frankly WE TOOK OUT THE GREATEST MILITARY POWER IN THE UNIVERSE! That's something the Rebel Jaffa, The Tokra, and the Asguards COULDN'T do!

I like Weir. Jessica Steen is DANG cute. I think Don DAvis has more presence. I also think he was a better choice for leader of the SGC. But Weir will shake things up and bring some good drama. Though if she is going to be going on missions in Stargate Atlantis, she can't run SGC much longer anyways right?
__________________
The Ship of Lights -- A fun place for enjoying all things Battlestar Galactica


"There is a meaning for wings that can not fly!
Its a precious memory of when you once flew in the sky."
thomas7g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2004, 06:43 PM   #6
Sci-Fi
Bad Email Address
 
Sci-Fi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Lost in the Neutral Zone
Posts: 656

Default

There are still many Goa'uld's that SG1 haven't meant yet. Some more powerful in Egyptian Mythology. Read this list:
http://www.kemet.org/glossary/

Plus add in the other gods:

Greek:
http://www.hol.gr/greece/godsft.htm
http://www.hol.gr/greece/titans.htm
http://www.hol.gr/greece/ogods.htm

Vikings:
http://www.viking-z.org/vikg.htm

Mayan:
http://www.crystalinks.com/mayangods.html

Aztec:
http://www.godchecker.com/pantheon/aztec-mythology.php

Chinese:
http://www.godchecker.com/database/all-chinese-gods.php

Japanese:
http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Dojo/5644/gods.htm

Mesopotamia:
http://members.bellatlantic.net/~vze...babyl-faq.html
http://www.mesopotamia.co.uk/gods/home_set.html

Plus other ancient gods and goddesses worshiped by other cultures.

The popularity of SG1 is that for every Goa'uld they kill or depose from power, there are other interesting, sinister, etc. Goa'uld's that take their place and have their own agenda and earth history. Maybe in Season 8 of SG1 they will finally meet the Furlings.

The challenge for SG:Atlantis is will the Wraith offer the same variety of villainy, what new or old earth mythology will be explored and explained, and since the Atlantis team is rumored to be less military oriented, are they just explorers in a new galaxy? Why are they there? What is their mission? What technology do they send back to Earth? Are the Re'tu related to the Wraith, like the Goa'uld and Tok'ra are? Or have other earth gods/races, besides the Ancients, migrated to the Pegasus Galaxy and are doing battle with the Wraith. Not all gods were perceived as petty, uncaring, or evil.
Sci-Fi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2004, 07:06 PM   #7
shiningstar
Bad Email Address
 
shiningstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 12,939


Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent404
Why did they make Dr.Weir the leader anyway? She's an inexpeirenced civilian that went over the whole stargate program in one night. Hammond should be in charge and I hope Kinsey gets a stomach full of lead.
I agree with you Agent404. I think "NEW" Dr. Weir is a very 'weak' replacement.
I personally think as you do that General Hammond should have been
made in charge of the stargate program.

As for Kinsley getting a 'stomach full of lead' ..........that's a waste of some
pretty good 'lead'. I'd prefer he get FRIED by the Go'uld!

Much MORE Spectacular to my way of thinking
shiningstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2004, 07:08 PM   #8
shiningstar
Bad Email Address
 
shiningstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 12,939


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sci-Fi
Jessica Steen did an excellent job as Dr. Weir. It remains to be seen how Torri Higgenson handles the role. Dr. Weir will be moving to SG:Atlantis and will be in charge of that project. A lot of fans thought Steen brought the bantering between characters back into SG1 and could have been a possible interest for Jack (no military regulations to violate as with Sam). Could have been interesting for awhile before the character moves to Atlantis.

SG1 needed to change because of RDA desire to spend more time raising his daughter. So promoting Jack to General (rumor, not confirmed yet) and putting him in charge of the SGC explains his absence in the episodes much better. There's a lot of speculations to what happens to Hammond and what his new job will be (Vice President replacing Kinsey, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, Commander of all Space Forces/Fleet, Head of all SG projects, Head of the NID, etc.), BUT I expect to see him do guest appearances throughout Season 8. Remember, Don S. Davis and Teryl Rothery's contracts weren't renewed/extended for Season 8, so guest appearences (saves the studio money) and character deaths may have been decided by TPTB.

Ronny Cox stated in interviews that Kinsey will be a big part of Season 8, so it may get interesting and SG1 may get darker, maybe more X-Files like stories. Who is Kinsey really working for and who is behind it all?

Also, expect to see Ishta (Jolene Blalock) back in a few episodes.

Spoiler
Anubis couldn't have been killed off so easily, so expect to see him back with a vengeance (ala Apophis).
I lovvvvvvvvvvvvvvve the SPOILER
shiningstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2004, 07:08 PM   #9
shiningstar
Bad Email Address
 
shiningstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 12,939


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sci-Fi
There are still many Goa'uld's that SG1 haven't meant yet. Some more powerful in Egyptian Mythology. Read this list:
http://www.kemet.org/glossary/

Plus add in the other gods:

Greek:
http://www.hol.gr/greece/godsft.htm
http://www.hol.gr/greece/titans.htm
http://www.hol.gr/greece/ogods.htm

Vikings:
http://www.viking-z.org/vikg.htm

Mayan:
http://www.crystalinks.com/mayangods.html

Aztec:
http://www.godchecker.com/pantheon/aztec-mythology.php

Chinese:
http://www.godchecker.com/database/all-chinese-gods.php

Japanese:
http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Dojo/5644/gods.htm

Mesopotamia:
http://members.bellatlantic.net/~vze...babyl-faq.html
http://www.mesopotamia.co.uk/gods/home_set.html

Plus other ancient gods and goddesses worshiped by other cultures.

The popularity of SG1 is that for every Goa'uld they kill or depose from power, there are other interesting, sinister, etc. Goa'uld's that take their place and have their own agenda and earth history. Maybe in Season 8 of SG1 they will finally meet the Furlings.

The challenge for SG:Atlantis is will the Wraith offer the same variety of villainy, what new or old earth mythology will be explored and explained, and since the Atlantis team is rumored to be less military oriented, are they just explorers in a new galaxy? Why are they there? What is their mission? What technology do they send back to Earth? Are the Re'tu related to the Wraith, like the Goa'uld and Tok'ra are? Or have other earth gods/races, besides the Ancients, migrated to the Pegasus Galaxy and are doing battle with the Wraith. Not all gods were perceived as petty, uncaring, or evil.
THank you for all of the links you posted! They're some GREAT ones
shiningstar is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
did the cyclon leader die on gamorray launchcruiser7 The Last Battlestar......Galactica! 1 April 1st, 2004 03:29 PM
Some reasons why people hate the mini thomas7g The Last Battlestar......Galactica! 18 December 11th, 2003 06:31 PM
Enjoyment is better than hate Dean Martin The Last Battlestar......Galactica! 11 December 11th, 2003 08:38 AM
Imperious Leader Concept Art Bug-Eyed Earl The Last Battlestar......Galactica! 0 October 19th, 2003 05:13 PM
Imperious Leader at Galacticon jewels Conventions 0 September 21st, 2003 07:57 PM




So sez our Muffit!!!

For fans of the Classic Battlestar Galactica series



COPYRIGHT
All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:06 AM. Contact the Fleet - Colonial Fleets - Archive - Privacy Statement - Top
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.8.11, Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content and Graphics ©2000-Present Colonial Fleets
The Colonial Fleets Forums are run by Battlestar Galactica fans, paid for by Battlestar Galactica fans, for the enjoyment of fellow Battlestar Galactica fans.



©2000-2008 Colonial Fleets