Go Back   Colonial Fleets > FAN CREATIVITY > ART Work - In Progress
Notices

Old April 21st, 2012, 01:26 AM   #1
martok2112
Colonial Story Teller

FORUM STAFFFleet Moderator
Colonial Fleets

Default A teaser, even though I swore against showing a shot....

Even though I swore I would not post any teasers or footage from my upcoming project, I caved...thanks to insatiable curiosity from some folks. So, here's the shot of my Vipers zooming through the Rag Tag Fleet to intercept a rather fearsome intruder. The visual glitch at the beginning will be edited out when I insert it into the final product.

Over 8,800,000 faces in this singular shot.

http://youtu.be/DWAOGhI_Dek
Old April 21st, 2012, 02:36 AM   #2
Thunderstruck
Warrior

Default Re: A teaser, even though I swore against showing a shot....

Whoa, I feel that pain buddy LOL

it is hard not too is'nt it? in fact I am bout to post a 30 sec vid.

Now that is what I would call a convoy........

Here is the Video if you remember 1976

CW Mcall Convoy,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3VN54M1OXA

what is that 8.8K faces< I dint see any faces lol ??

http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/.../Viper-Sig.gif
So much to learn , so little time, and so many ideas with so little knowledge and so much to discover with so many things to try.
Thunderstruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2012, 04:55 AM   #3
martok2112
Colonial Story Teller

Colonial Fleets

LOL! Thanks, Thunderstruck. Indeed....trying to keep a lot of stuff under wraps is pretty hard, especially if you're trying to drive up interest in the project.

Yeah, I should've said "facets", but iClone refers to each side of a polygon as a face. But yeah, 8.8 million facets in this shot.

In truth, I was never really able to imagine the true breadth and depth of the RTF until I did this shot....it's pretty staggering to think that the Big G was protecting THAT many ships...and they had to keep some distance apart to keep from mid-space collisions.

And oh yes, CB songs were very popular back in the hey day of CB radio, which was indeed the mid 70's. Heck, I vaguely remember the Kris Kristofferson movie based upon the song.
Old April 23rd, 2012, 09:33 PM   #4
jewels
Stablemaster, Livery Ship

FORUM STAFFFleet Modertor
Colonial Fleets

I dare not show that to my Clone Wars fan kids. One sight of that Republic Cruiser/Star Destroyer and they will be begging you for the story.

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." Malcolm Reynolds [/color]

"We don't dictate to countries, we liberate countries." Mitt Romney [/color]
jewels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2012, 11:43 PM   #5
martok2112
Colonial Story Teller

Colonial Fleets

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewels View Post
I dare not show that to my Clone Wars fan kids. One sight of that Republic Cruiser/Star Destroyer and they will be begging you for the story.
I LOVE the Clone Wars.

I am about to reach the first action beat in my story, but I don't know how long the story itself is going to be. I want this to be more than just some fanboy whimsy animation of who would kick who's butt...I really want a good story to tell with this. Hopefully won't be too long, but yes, progress progresses.
Old April 25th, 2012, 06:06 AM   #6
martok2112
Colonial Story Teller

Colonial Fleets

PROGRESS REPORT:
Reassembling the footage that has been re-worked into MP4 format...and it flows quite nicely. Still getting the Galactica scenes together, and by that, I mean getting the scenes shot. (Have to rebuild some of the sets). I can easily see that this entire movie will be at least over a half-hour long. If I manage to get it to feature length (an hour or better) I'll be really happy.

The transitions also seem to be much smoother in MP4 format. Hopefully I will not run into those half-second hangs like I did in .WMV format, which I vehemently REFUSE to export to in the future. The AVI to MP4 format is most definitely the way to go...especially shooting in hi-definition.

While the quality is not "Clone Wars" level, it is definitely shaping up to look like a miniature Star Wars movie!