Go Back   Colonial Fleets > FAN CREATIVITY > Shattered Worlds
Notices
Shattered Worlds Project forum for new FAN-based endeavours.
Share what you're doing here!

Old February 6th, 2006, 10:28 AM   #1
ernie90125
Also Present

SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDOwner:
BattlestarFanFilms.com

Default Please Post Details About Your Finished FanFilms Here !

Hi all,

As well as being an active member of Colonial Fleets, I am webmaster at a site called Battlestar Fanfilms.

The site is dedicated to presenting BSG fanfilms....video(animation and live action) and audio projects. Its a great way for fans to develop their creative abilities and show support for The Original Series and a Continuation.

If you've finished a FanFilm please post details about it in this thread. Details should hopefully include a link. Help with hosting can be arranged if needed....please PM for details....

In addition to this, please feel free to start a new thread welcoming discussion on your work elsewhere in this forum. However, discussion and feedback shouldn't happen in this thread, please keep this for details of finished works only.

And don't forget to check out www.battlestarfanfilms.com !!!
ernie90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2006, 06:52 AM   #2
Charybdis
Battlestar Callisto

Here's my latest called "Battlestar Callisto: Brothers of Man."

http://www.colonialfleets.com/Brothersofman.zip

http://bscallisto.proboards.com/index.cgi
Charybdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2006, 04:36 AM   #3
john158

hello
Old July 18th, 2006, 08:21 AM   #4
Rudy Jahchan
Shuttle Pilot

I will probably send a mail through your sites contact form, but just in case, feel free to include our own fanfilm; a Battlestar gameshow called "YOU MIGHT BE A CYCLON"

http://www.galacticast.com/2006/07/1...ht-be-a-cylon/

Get back to me if you want it in a different file format. Enjoy!
Rudy Jahchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2006, 07:45 PM   #5
scifiguy
Bad Email Address

Default Omg

You might be a cylon was great and very well put together. Way to go!

And ernie; I have found a story I really like and so do some of the people who helped me do romulan wars. So,I'm trying to pull a group together of fans to help us make this story become a reality. Spread the word please. Lets see if we can pull this off.
scifiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2006, 07:47 PM   #6
scifiguy
Bad Email Address

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charybdis
Here's my latest called "Battlestar Callisto: Brothers of Man."

http://www.colonialfleets.com/Brothersofman.zip
HI, I love you episodes but thought I'd offer to help with the SFX to make it even better instead of having to use the galactica spots,,which,,don't get me wrong are fine. Just thought I'd offer to help. Thats what were here for to help each other and be friends. Right?
scifiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2012, 10:34 AM   #7
ernie90125
Also Present

SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDOwner:
BattlestarFanFilms.com

Default Re: Please Post Details About Your Finished FanFilms Here !

Hi all,

I'm planning a lot of updates to www.battlestarfanfilms.com so please do let me know when I can download high res video files of your fanfilms.

I'll arrange free hosting, if you can get the files to me.

I also seen there are some fanfilms that have been revised quite a bit, if so, please ensure I have the most up to date edit of the film.

Many thanks !
ernie90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2012, 03:36 PM   #8
Senmut
Strike Leader

Question....The name Callisto.
I have run across that name, in various FanFics. Even mentioned it in some of my own. Was there ever a conon mention of it? A previous script draft, whatever?
----------------------------
"You know the night before was a tough one when even the sound of the fizz hurts your head." -Mike Hammer.
Senmut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2012, 10:12 AM   #9
Charybdis
Battlestar Callisto

I guess I'll answer this one seeing as to how I have been a part of the Battlestar Callisto leadership since 1998. As far as I am aware, no canon mention of the name Callisto has ever been featured in BSG.

Our group arrived at the name when we were forming an online battlestar as part of the Int'l. Battlestar Galactica Fan Club which appeared back in 1998. I believe Drew Michaels was the originator of the concept.

Anyway, as part of that, our group which met online at the old Skiffy bboards, adopted the Battlestar Callisto name. It was just picked out of a dozen ideas/names and we thought it sounded cool since it has mythological concepts to it as well as real world aspects with a Jovian moon named Callisto.

We have used the name for our battlestar ever since and even created an online RPG a few years ago where all players posted and continued a story online.

It was great fun! Some of the original members are still around and we have a website where we have our storyline and other BSG stuff too...

as for fanfilms, well, when I began making my small mini-episodes back in 2005, I naturally took the characters from our storyline and made it into a show appearing just as it would have back in 1978. I called it Battlestar Callisto.

http://bscallisto.proboards.com/index.cgi
Charybdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2012, 12:13 AM   #10
martok2112
Colonial Story Teller

FORUM STAFFFleet Moderator
Colonial Fleets

Some of you have already seen some clips from my current animation project, but for those who haven't, I am making a CG animated tale called "BattleStar Galactica Wars". It pits the gallant crew of the Battlestar Galactica against the shrewd menace of an Imperial Star Destroyer, The Irrefutable. (And of course, a bunch of Vipers vs a bunch of TIEs).

This is not your typical "fanboy mashup" of differing franchises. There's an actual story to this....and some things may happen which may incense fans of one or the other...or both...LOL!

Let's just say that I do not subscribe to the felgercarb-laden law of "if it didn't happen on screen, it didn't happen" when it comes to this fanfilm. I go by any official documentation I can get my hands on. Sadly, little exists in the way of official docs for Galactica, but there is TONS of info from Lucasfilm Archives, largely in the form of its Star Wars Role Playing Game and supplements, from West End Games, and from companies that acquired the license later. I have to kind of fudge some stuff for the Galactica so it'll be an enjoyable fight to watch.

The story so far is about 35 minutes long, with the footage I've actually put together, but there is tons of other footage I still have made, yet have to add...so it's looking like it might run at least 45 minutes....and if I can really craft the story well enough, it could be a feature length tale. (Over an hour.)
Old September 7th, 2012, 08:23 PM   #11
Jubal
Warrior

So where can I watch the Battlestar Callisto movies in recent sectars?
Jubal is offline   Reply With Quote