Go Back   Colonial Fleets > ALTERNATE UNIVERSES > Other Science Fiction Shows
Notices
Other Science Fiction Shows A place to discuss all of the other Sci-Fi shows
which may tickle your fancy!

Old June 27th, 2008, 10:56 AM   #1
Athene
Galactica's Princess

Default Re: Five Most Notorious SciFi TV Cancellations

I'd say the cancellations of the originial Battlestar Galactica series and the original Star Trek series.
Those are my two choices.

Battlestar Earth admin
Galactica's Princess admin
Battlestar Galactica Club Board Theme/Avatar Keeper
Athene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2008, 02:55 PM   #2
Herryk
Shuttle Pilot

For myself I would have to start with the Fox program Space Above and Beyond. It had alot going for it, and the way they ended the series was right up there with the ending of Jericho's ending and cancelation of season one. The promised either a mini series or a movie but never delivered on either.

For the second of course was Battlestar, it only lasted a year in the orginal series then it was brought back later in what I think was an ill concieved plot, and a hasty written scrips.

Third would have to go to Firefly, there was alot that they could've done to this show but they wrapped it up and came out with the movie.

I could probably list another ten to fifteen shows, but the networks don't want to listen to the fans and just believe in their numbers.
Herryk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2008, 09:51 AM   #3
Athene
Galactica's Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herryk View Post
For myself I would have to start with the Fox program Space Above and Beyond. It had alot going for it, and the way they ended the series was right up there with the ending of Jericho's ending and cancelation of season one. The promised either a mini series or a movie but never delivered on either.

For the second of course was Battlestar, it only lasted a year in the orginal series then it was brought back later in what I think was an ill concieved plot, and a hasty written scrips.

Third would have to go to Firefly, there was alot that they could've done to this show but they wrapped it up and came out with the movie.

I could probably list another ten to fifteen shows, but the networks don't want to listen to the fans and just believe in their numbers.
I agree that the networks don't listen to fans anymore. i remember the writing campaign that fans did to bring back Star Trek TOS in the 60's.

Battlestar Earth admin
Galactica's Princess admin
Battlestar Galactica Club Board Theme/Avatar Keeper
Athene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2008, 08:42 PM   #4
deathwisp
Shuttle Pilot

I really liked Farscape. I know it had alot of muppety creatures and all, but I just really really loved it. I guess part of that was due to fond memories of Jim Henson (his company did the puppets for the show, if I'm not mistaken all these years).

I also liked Jericho.
deathwisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2008, 06:24 AM   #5
jewels
Stablemaster, Livery Ship

FORUM STAFFFleet Modertor
Colonial Fleets

deathwisp, Henson's company created the show. There was a period of time where another company owned Henson's but the family (esp. Brian Henson) bought it back to bring the fans "Peacekeeper Wars".

Jewels.

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." Malcolm Reynolds [/color]

"We don't dictate to countries, we liberate countries." Mitt Romney [/color]
jewels is offline   Reply With Quote