Go Back   Colonial Fleets > ALTERNATE UNIVERSES > Miscellaneous Entertainment
Notices
Miscellaneous Entertainment Talk about any other shows not covered by other forums.

Old December 10th, 2005, 11:00 PM   #1
martok2112
Colonial Story Teller

FORUM STAFFFleet Moderator
Colonial Fleets

Thumbs up Review-The Chronicles of Narnia I

FILM: THE CHRONICLES OF NARNIA: THE LION, THE WITCH, AND THE WARDROBE
DISTRIBUTOR: DISNEY/WALDEN MEDIA
DIRECTOR: ANDREW ADAMSON
PRINCIPAL CAST: Georgie Henley, Skandar Keynes, William Mosely. Anna Popplewell, Tilda Swinton, Liam Neeson
MPAA RATING: PG for Battle sequences and frightening moments
RUNTIME:

Story: 4.5/5
Acting: 5/5
Sound: 5/5
Visuals: 4.5/5
Endorphin Factor: 4/5
Big Screen Experience: 5/5
Scoring system:
Average: 4.6/5

MOVIES IT COULD BE COMPARED TO: Lord of the Rings Trilogy, Harry Potter films

DETAILS: So Thomas7g and I are talking, and we bring up the Yahoo IMVironment on chat for The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe. As we're talking, I tell him that although the first preview looked good, it really wasn't on my dradis for priority movies this holiday season. However, when I went to Narnia.com, and checked out the new trailer, my mind was immediately changed, and so off I went to take in what looked like a very promising movie.

I was not disappointed. The film really does stand out well, and even with only my vague memories of having read some of the C.S. Lewis classic (and seen the animated feature that was broadcast on CBS many years ago), I fully understood the story. The actors in the film were all perfectly cast, and played their roles to perfection. Liam Neeson, as the voice of Aslan, was easily recognizable.

The visual effects were damn good, but much of it could be easily discerned as CGI. The sound effects rocked, and I loved the soundtrack to this film. Might just have to pick it up.

There was an awful lot of crying in this movie...more than I remember seeing in previous incarnations.

There were good laughs, and much of them came from either the talking animals, or from Lucy, the youngest of the four siblings who is actually a little wise beyond her years.

The Witch, Jadis (Tilda Swenton) was ferocious in this movie. At first, when I saw her, I thought it was Alice Kriege (The Borg Queen from Star Trek: First Contact), but the accent told me otherwise. Nonetheless, Jadis was a bad ass...especially in battle.

Fantasy movies are really starting to see their heyday, with the overwhelming success of the Lord of the Rings Trilogy, and the Harry Potter movies. This film looks to continue that heyday with great success. In fact, it's actually made me get up the urge to give the LOTR movies another chance.

BOTTOM LINE: I'd still have to prefer the Harry Potter films over this, but The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe is a beautiful film in its own right, and will find its way into my DVD collection upon release.

Respectfully,
Martok2112
Old December 12th, 2005, 04:14 AM   #2
bsg1fan1975
Major

I saw it with my hubby Friday and we liked it too!

Cheese: [has tinfoil on his teeth] I have braces!
Mac: You found that on the ground, didn't you?
Cheese: Garbage can.
-episode "Mac Daddy"Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends"
bsg1fan1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2005, 06:42 AM   #3
julix
Bad Email Address

I was surprized at how much I liked this movie. Same as Steve, when I saw the trailer I was unsure if I wanted to see it. But after promting from hubby who took our son.....we all went even the 6 yr old. I was worried she might be scared, but the story was so good she loved it! we were able to talk a lot about things before the movie, and after aw well. She has also been exposed to some of the fantasy/ and fighting elements of movies/games/stories. Anyway, I also loved it very much. One of my favorite actors of all times voices the Lion......................Liam Neeson (aka-Qui-gon Jinn)
julix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2005, 03:55 PM   #4
Tiberius
Shuttle Pilot

Cool
Tiberius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2006, 05:50 PM   #5
Compass
Bad Email Address

I saw the movie. I give it a B overall. I liked it, but not enough to rewatch it.

Using Martok's scale, my opinion:

Story: 3.5/5
Acting: 4/5
Sound: 5/5
Visuals: 4.5/5
Endorphin Factor: 3/5
Big Screen Experience: 4/5

Average: 4.0/5

My overall opinion (not an average): 3.3 / 5.0.
Compass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2006, 05:03 PM   #6
nono93
Shuttle Pilot

i dont see it but i going when i have time it beautifull
nono93 is offline   Reply With Quote