Go Back   Colonial Fleets > ALTERNATE UNIVERSES > Miscellaneous Entertainment
Notices
Miscellaneous Entertainment Talk about any other shows not covered by other forums.

Old December 11th, 2011, 05:56 AM   #1
skippercollecto
Squadron Leader

Default sgt pepper movie

For the first time in decades, I watched the 1978 movie "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band." I saw it three times in the theater when it was first released. Obviously I liked the movie, although I know it was panned by critics.
I saw many details this time that I would have never noticed 33 years ago.
1. It was made by Universal Studios. Since I've taken the tour a number of times since then, it's obvious the village square is the main back lot.
2. I recognized many, many more of the singers in the finale than I did when I first saw the movie.
3. I had forgotten how bright and colorful and "pretty" the movie was. That was probably one of the reasons I loved watching the movie.
4. But the biggest thing I noticed was that the computerized voice was the same as the Cylon voice. Did the actor who voiced the Cylon also voice Mr. Mustard's computer? Or do all men's voices sound the same when talking through that voice box?
skippercollecto is offline   Reply With Quote