Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old August 5th, 2002, 12:55 PM   #1
kingfish
Strike Leader

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdministrator
Battlestar Pacifica
Battlestar Rycon

Default War Of The Gods

Hi all,
The novel was awesome. In the book the characters were more oriented towards the grown-up audience. There is one part in the book where Sheba gives Count Iblis a french kiss. There is also a part at the end that is much different than the TV version. When Starbuck, Sheba, and Apollo are taken on board the ship of lights they wake up totally naked. Now try pulling that one off on network TV during the family hour. The book also describes in detail the being found by Apollo and Starbuck in the ship. It has horns, cloven hoofs, and a prehensile tail. They were going to shoot a scene with a goat and decided against it due to the fact it both looked stupid and the network wasn't promoting demon worship.

Paul
kingfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2002, 06:40 PM   #2
jewels
Stablemaster, Livery Ship

FORUM STAFFFleet Modertor
Colonial Fleets

Hi Paul,
Hey, this was your thread, after all! Got this recently. Appreciated the heads up about the ship of lights. Yea, that would've made Stephen Bochco (sp.?) blush back in '79. Enjoyed it (the whole book, not just THAT scene) immensely. Liked the descriptions of the ship of lights and the effect of the experience on Sheba, Apollo and Starbuck.

Did not like the novelisation of Experiment in Terra: dialogue didn't sound like Starbuck or Apollo talking. Ick. Why do I feel like this is a prelude to the Ron Moore project. Argh. hope I am VERY wrong.

type at you later,
Jewels

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." Malcolm Reynolds [/color]

"We don't dictate to countries, we liberate countries." Mitt Romney [/color]
jewels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2003, 03:06 PM   #3
DarkApprentice

Default War of the Gods, no. 7

I hope to have a copy of this in my hands soon (it's a difficult task to get these in th U.K.) and having had to endure Ron Goulart's writing so far, you guys are making me salivate at the prospect.

Your opinions confirm what I have heard about the quality of Nicholas(?) Yermakovs writing compared to Goulart.

And Jewels I've also read Experiment in Terra recently and,as I've mentioned elsewhere, Goulart does not understand Starbuck's character at all, nor Apollo's to a lesser extent.
Old January 10th, 2003, 09:56 PM   #4
jewels
Stablemaster, Livery Ship

FORUM STAFFFleet Modertor
Colonial Fleets

Quote:
Originally posted by jewels
Did not like the novelisation of Experiment in Terra: dialogue didn't sound like Starbuck or Apollo talking. Ick. Why do I feel like this is a prelude to the Ron Moore project. Argh. hope I am VERY wrong.
Oh, My!!!! I wrote that in November. EEEEEEEKKKK! I need to not be so prophetic. Somebody needs to slap me if I ever do that again.
Jewels
jewels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2020, 08:50 PM   #5
Senmut
Strike Leader

Default Re: War Of The Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfish View Post
Hi all,
The novel was awesome. In the book the characters were more oriented towards the grown-up audience. There is one part in the book where Sheba gives Count Iblis a french kiss. There is also a part at the end that is much different than the TV version. When Starbuck, Sheba, and Apollo are taken on board the ship of lights they wake up totally naked. Now try pulling that one off on network TV during the family hour. The book also describes in detail the being found by Apollo and Starbuck in the ship. It has horns, cloven hoofs, and a prehensile tail. They were going to shoot a scene with a goat and decided against it due to the fact it both looked stupid and the network wasn't promoting demon worship.

Paul
They should have used/filmed something. It left things kind of hanging, ambiguously. Been nice to have some sort of resolution to it.
----------------------------
"You know the night before was a tough one when even the sound of the fizz hurts your head." -Mike Hammer.
Senmut is offline   Reply With Quote