Colonial Fleets

Exclamation Lance LeGault passes away

Quote:
Originally Posted by Re-post from Battlestar Wiki

Lance LeGault

Portrays: Bootes, Maga

Date of Birth: May 2, 1937

Date of Death: September 10, 2012

Henry LeGault (May, 02 1937—September 10, 2012) is an American actor credited as Lance LeGault.

LeGault worked as a stunt-double for Elvis Presley in three of Presley's movies, Girls! Girls! Girls!, Kissin' Cousins and Viva Las Vegas. He later became a prolific guest star in many 1970s, 1980s, and early 1990s productions, including The Rockford Files, Wonder Woman, The Incredible Hulk, Buck Rogers in the 25th Century, T.J. Hooker, Knight Rider, Magnum P.I., Star Trek: The Next Generation, and MacGyver.

In the Original Series he portrayed Bootes in "The Lost Warrior", and later Maga, one of the Borellian Nomen in "The Man with Nine Lives".

LeGault was present when Don Bellisario jokingly came up with the word "nomen", which would eventually become Borellian Nomen, the name of Maga's tribe of humans[1].

According to his daughter Mary, Glen Larson claimed that LeGault's voice was “four octaves lower than God’s."[2]

He would later be better known for his role of Colonel Roderick Decker, the recurring antagonist in The A-Team television series.

In addition to his roles in television and film, LeGault lent his voice to various commercials, cartoons and video games, as well as being the narrator of the tour audiotape for Elvis Presley's Graceland Mansion and Museum in Memphis, Tennessee.[3]

LeGault passed away on Monday, September 10, 2012 according to his daughter, Mary. He is survived by Teresa, his wife of 35 years; their daughters Mary and Teresa; and sons Marcus and Lance[2].

*Source: http://en.battlestarwiki.org/wiki/Lance_LeGault

References

1.↑ Paxton, Susan J.. Battlestar Zone Interview:Jim Carlson (backup available on Archive.org) . (web) Retrieved on 11 December 2006.
2.↑ 2.0 2.1 "Funeral Services Pending Character Actor Lance LeGault", Beverly Hills Courier, 12 September 2012. Retrieved on 12 September 2012.
3.↑ Lance LeGault Official Website Biography (backup available on Archive.org) (in ). Retrieved on 12 September 2012.

Rest

In

Peace

Lance LeGault

You have come to journey's end
Sleep now
And dream of the ones who came before
They are calling
From across the distant shore .

Children are a message that we send
to a time that we will never see.
BST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2012, 12:53 PM   #2
Punisher454
Warrior Ace

Default Re: Lance LeGault passes away

One of My favorites. Whenever I picture the Nomen I immediately think of that voice. He'll be missed.
Old September 12th, 2012, 01:07 PM   #3
Benedict
Warrior

Immensely saddened. The A-Team, BSG, even TJ Hooker (also called Decker no less) and others. RIP
Galactica-era fan fic: Battlestar Pacifica #2 Saga of a Battlestar

"We thought the opposite of war, was peace. But we found the opposite of war was slavery."
Benedict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2012, 03:10 PM   #4
gmd3d
Major

Rest in Peace.
Great screen presences

"The world is my country, science my religion.”
gmd3d is offline   Reply With Quote