Go Back   Colonial Fleets > ALTERNATE UNIVERSES > Miscellaneous Entertainment
Notices
Miscellaneous Entertainment Talk about any other shows not covered by other forums.

Old May 18th, 2005, 10:50 PM   #1
Tanky
True Blue

Default The DaVinci Code

Hey just thought everyone here might be interested to see the teaser trailer for this upcoming movie which undoubtably will stir trouble closer to the release date.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/sony_p...da_vinci_code/

The Teaser itself is pretty weak, but the movie should be better as long as it doesnt dissolve into a Tom-Hanks-is-great movie. Jean Reno though will hopeful prevent this with a good performance.

Thoughts?
They look and sound rational.
Some are programmed to think they are right.
There are many versions.
And they have a plan.

"So this is how liberty dies. With thunderous applause" - Padme Amidala, Revenge of the Sith

"Lord, please save me from your followers"
Tanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2005, 11:06 PM   #2
Senmut
Strike Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanky
Hey just thought everyone here might be interested to see the teaser trailer for this upcoming movie which undoubtably stir trouble closer to the release date.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/sony_p...da_vinci_code/

The Teaser itself is pretty weak, but the movie should be better as long as it doesnt disolve into a Tom-Hanks-is-great movie. Jean Reno though will hopeful prevent this with a good performance.

Thoughts?

El crapola, like Brown's book. Looks likes they're casting big stars to make something out of very little.
----------------------------
"You know the night before was a tough one when even the sound of the fizz hurts your head." -Mike Hammer.
Senmut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2005, 11:31 PM   #3
Tanky
True Blue

I do have to agree with you there. I thought the "prequel" Angels & Demons was actually a far better read, and would make a far better movie. Interestingly Dan Brown got it wrong though with peoples level of interest with the Popes death. He said no one would care, but just look. Very interesting.
There are many versions.
And they have a plan.

"So this is how liberty dies. With thunderous applause" - Padme Amidala, Revenge of the Sith

Old May 18th, 2005, 11:54 PM   #4
Senmut
Strike Leader

The biggest problem of all is that he tries to make his novel look like real history. Too many folks will buy into it as real.
"You know the night before was a tough one when even the sound of the fizz hurts your head." -Mike Hammer.
Old May 19th, 2005, 12:00 AM   #5
Tanky
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senmut
The biggest problem of all is that he tries to make his novel look like real history. Too many folks will buy into it as real.
Just shows peoples stupidity I reckon. They're nothing more than an interesting fiction novel to me.
There are many versions.
And they have a plan.

Old May 19th, 2005, 12:38 AM   #6
Senmut
Strike Leader

Then you show more discernment than alot of folks out there.
Old May 19th, 2005, 12:45 AM   #7
Tanky
True Blue

Quote:
Then you show more discernment than alot of folks out there.
Its a scary world we live in, is it?
There are many versions.
And they have a plan.

Old May 19th, 2005, 12:54 AM   #8
Senmut
Strike Leader

Quote:
Its a scary world we live in, is it?
Sure is. Let's all go to the Moon and look into those funny artifacts, or move to Mars, and start Terraforming. Huh?
Old May 19th, 2005, 01:01 AM   #9
Tanky
True Blue

Quote:
Sure is. Let's all go to the Moon and look into those funny artifacts, or move to Mars, and start Terraforming. Huh?
Whatever floats your boat. Personally though I prefer not to run from my problems (not claiming you dont either).
There are many versions.
And they have a plan.

Old May 19th, 2005, 07:00 AM   #10
Gemini1999
Strike Leader

FORUM STAFFFleet Moderator
Colonial Fleets

Quote:
I do have to agree with you there. I thought the "prequel" Angels & Demons was actually a far better read, and would make a far better movie. Interestingly Dan Brown got it wrong though with peoples level of interest with the Popes death. He said no one would care, but just look. Very interesting.

Tanky -

I read "The DaVinci Code" after a year of friends begging me to read it - they thought I would enjoy it, and after finally reading it, I enjoyed it very much.

I thought that I would explore a couple of other Dan Brown books to see if his writing style holds up. I read "Deception Point", which I thought was a very good read. I just bought "Angels and Demons" over the weekend and have been reading it at lunch this week - it's such an excellent book, that I've been 5-10 minutes late getting back as I don't want to put the book down.

I've been tempted to take it home, but I'm afraid that I would tear right through it, but I want to enjoy this one....

Best,
Bryan

"If you love long enough, wish hard enough, anything is possible" - From The Boy Who Could Fly
Gemini1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2005, 01:09 AM   #11
Fragmentary

Hey Bryan,
The thing I liked the most about the DaVinci Code was the writer's style. I don't think I've ever read an author who uses his chapter breaks to such good effect. Almost like cliff hangers. Each chapter leaves you asking a question. I don't think he ended a single one without it. Does he do that in his other books as well?
Fragmentary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2005, 09:19 PM   #12
Tanky
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fragmentary
The thing I liked the most about the DaVinci Code was the writer's style. I don't think I've ever read an author who uses his chapter breaks to such good effect. Almost like cliff hangers. Each chapter leaves you asking a question. I don't think he ended a single one without it. Does he do that in his other books as well?
For the most part he does.

I didnt really get Deception Point, it didnt really grab me. Digital Fortress was good, but Dan Brown really shines with the religious-based thrillers. And Bryan, Angels & Demons is great and you are going to find really really hard not to tear through it. It quite literially superglues itself to you eyes (ok maybe not that extreme). I couldnt put it down, and read the whole thing in one day lol
There are many versions.
And they have a plan.

Old July 4th, 2005, 01:37 PM   #13
Krystal
Bad Email Address

Cool

I think is fair to say that he maintains his style in the other novels. I have all four and love them. And for me also was the style that get my attention combine with the action, the intrigue, the romance etc. Definitely a great writer. And is people see it like what it is, a fiction novel, I think many people will enjoy it much more. I have to say that I just love all four, all have the intense and intrigue developments that make an amazing story.

Krystal
Krystal is offline   Reply With Quote