Go Back   Colonial Fleets > ALTERNATE UNIVERSES > Miscellaneous Entertainment
Notices
Miscellaneous Entertainment Talk about any other shows not covered by other forums.

Old January 10th, 2004, 05:52 AM   #1
jjrakman

Default What ever happened to the Mech Warrior Cockpits in Chicago?

I remember when I went to Gen Con back in '92, there was a presentation with a bunch of TV sets that had a commercial running with James Belushi I think talking about these life sized Mech Warrior cockpits in Chicago. Each of the cock pits were wired together so when you played the game, you were wired into the same world as your buddies in their cockpits. Is this thing still around?
Old January 23rd, 2004, 07:37 PM   #2
warhammerdriver
Bad Email Address

I heard they closed down because after the release of the later PC games there wasn't as much demand.

Also after FASA folded and sold the rights to WizKids, the genre has gone downhill--fast.

I have a friend who goes to Chicago regularly. I'll ask him and post a more definitive answer.
warhammerdriver is offline   Reply With Quote