Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old November 27th, 2003, 08:26 AM   #1
jeanp69

Default Revival Campaign

I was just wondering how many of you have taken the time out to write letters in support of a new Galactica with the original actors in it? And how many of those people were at the Galacticon 2003? I heard that the fans that were there showed their support to Mr. Moore's version of Galactica. And that the actor's from the new show were there to take questions. I just want to know if all this is true.
Old November 27th, 2003, 08:44 AM   #2
repcisg
Bad Email Address

Many, many, many letters have been written supporting the old series and against the new Mini. The fans at Galacticon were there to support the and celebrate the original series. They were polite to Mr. Moore and cast members.
repcisg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2003, 08:48 AM   #3
Titon
Retired or am I?

Special Effects Artist
Battlestar Galactica 2003
COMMAND INSIGNIACoFounder
Colonial Fleets

Alot of us have written more letters and signed more petitions over the years than i can even count. It isn't a matter of writing letters any longer it's a matter of keeping the original fires burning. Telling people about the original series and how it changed our lives. The main goal now is to make more people aware that there is a huge fire burning yet for the original series. That's the key.

I was at Galacticon and there was no support for Ron Moore's version of Galactica. In fact there was alot of disdain for him to even be there but the fans kept there cool and asked concise even kieled questions. Ron was the only one there as a matter of fact. So no, no one supported his version of Galactica at Galacticon.
Old November 27th, 2003, 08:52 AM   #4
AlternityOrange
Warrior

COMMAND INSIGNIACo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com

Hello Jean and welcome to Colonial Fleets.

Yes, thousands of letters, among other things, have been sent to Universal over the years by fans. We've told them in many formats what we wanted. They were well aware. It was actually our efforts at reviving the show which were stolen and co-opted to make the current mini-series (which nobody wanted.)

I believe you are confusing Galacticon with the SanDiego comic-con. The comic con is where all the actors, except the conspicuously absent Mr. Olmos, attended. That supposedly went off rather well for them but, at the same time we've only heard reports generated from the Sci-Fi Channel itself and they ain't exactly impartial or even truthful all the time over there.

Only Mr. Moore was at Galacticon. He was treated repectfully and politely but, having been in the audience, I wouldn't say his presentation was supported, not at all.

-Edward James Olmos
AlternityOrange is offline   Reply With Quote