Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old April 1st, 2003, 11:38 PM   #1
peter noble
Strike Leader

Colonial Fan ForceCo-Founder
Colonial Fan Force
COMMAND INSIGNIACo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com

Default OT: SCI FI Unveils Action Films

From Sci-Fi Wire:

The SCI FI Channel announced a new slate of upcoming action-oriented original movies that are set to premiere in 2003-'04. The films will air during the Channel's Saturday action-movie slot.

Since introducing Saturday action movies in 2002, the Channel has averaged a household rating of 1.4 for the original films. SCI FI is currently slated to air 22 originals in 2003 and will premiere approximately two per month. Previously announced projects include Man with the Screaming Brain and Earwigs (both starring Bruce Campbell), Epoch II, Graveland and Puppetmaster vs. Demonic Toys. All will premiere in 2003-'04. A list of the upcoming films follows.

•Dragon Storm. Maxwell Caulfield, John Rhys-Davies and Angel Borris star in this film, about alien dragons who arrive on medieval Earth in a meteor and threaten humankind, forcing two enemy kingdoms to join forces and fight off the alien dragon threat. The film recently completed production in Sofia, Bulgaria, from UFO Films.

•Idaho Creature Incident. John Savage and Michelle Goh star in a movie about a government experiment using an alien creature as a weapon. When the trial fails, the creature is locked inside a government facility and must be destroyed before it can escape. The film recently completed production in Sofia, Bulgaria, with Nu Image.

•Ghost Monkey. A freelance photographer and an American investigator join forces to stop a man-eating monkeylike creature that goes on a killing spree throughout the streets of India. Filming begins in the spring with Promark Entertainment.

•Snakehead Terror. In a small town in Maryland, a school of freakishly large man-eating snakehead fish overrun a lake and take to the land. It's up to the local sheriff to reel in the creatures before they can go on a massive feeding frenzy. Filming begins in Vancouver, B.C., in the spring with Cinetel.

•Phantom Force. A spinoff of the Interceptor Force movies, this film follows a force of elite government soldiers assigned to protect the human race from supernatural threats. Filming begins in Bulgaria in May with UFO Films.

•Interceptor Force III. In the not-too-distant future, a team of specially trained government soldiers protects Earth from hostile alien encounters. Produced by UFO Films.

•Gargoyle. The evil wizard Calabos wants to take over the world with an army of living gargoyles, and only Marcus, a magician who possesses an enchanted ring, can stop him. Produced by Chesler Perlmutter.

Ghost Monkey!? BWAAAHAAAAHAAAAHAAAA!

I smell cheese!

Peter
Old April 1st, 2003, 11:55 PM   #2
michaelfaries
Great Honored Warrior (ret.)
BG Fandom Leader (ret.)

SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDFather of BG websites
BattlestarGalactica.com(ret)
BattlestarPegasus.com(ret)

Quote:
•Phantom Force. A spinoff of the Interceptor Force movies, this film follows a force of elite government soldiers assigned to protect the human race from supernatural threats. Filming begins in Bulgaria in May with UFO Films.

•Interceptor Force III. In the not-too-distant future, a team of specially trained government soldiers protects Earth from hostile alien encounters. Produced by UFO Films.
There goes my hopes for a "UFO" (the Gerry Anderson variety) project... (lol)

Michael
:colwar:
michaelfaries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2003, 12:03 AM   #3
michaelfaries
Great Honored Warrior (ret.)
BG Fandom Leader (ret.)

SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDFather of BG websites
BattlestarGalactica.com(ret)
BattlestarPegasus.com(ret)

I wonder why SCI-FI can't attend a gathering of science fiction writers (serious, qualified name-brand writers) and start producing projects from their works. Can you imagine a "Mote in God's Eye" for example? (If Larry Niven were agreeable.)

To think we could get the quality of a "Rendezvous with Rama" story (whenever Paramount gets it's butt in gear and greenlights it) on the big screen. I believe quality small screen shows are do-able, even for the science fiction genre. But, hey, I'm just a viewer. What do I know? :p

Michael
michaelfaries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2003, 12:09 AM   #4
JediMasterGynac
Bad Email Address

Default you humble guy you

"There goes my hopes for a "UFO" (the Gerry Anderson variety) project... (lol)"

that was funny

Dragon Storm sounds interesting but the rest leave me flat.
JediMasterGynac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2003, 04:22 AM   #5
peter noble
Strike Leader

Colonial Fan Force
COMMAND INSIGNIACo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com

Quote:
Originally posted by michaelfaries
I believe quality small screen shows are do-able, even for the science fiction genre. But, hey, I'm just a viewer. What do I know?
A damn sight more than the doofuses at Sci-Fi Michael!

Peter
Old April 2nd, 2003, 07:30 AM   #6
kingfish
Strike Leader

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdministrator
Battlestar Pacifica
Battlestar Rycon

Quote:
Originally posted by michaelfaries

There goes my hopes for a "UFO" (the Gerry Anderson variety) project... (lol)

Michael

I for one am hoping for a Space 1999 movie. They are going to make a Thunderbirds movie.
kingfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2003, 09:24 AM   #7
Hito
Warrior

Veteran
Fleets Warrior

Default Re: OT: SCI FI Unveils Action Films

Quote:
Originally posted by peter noble

Ghost Monkey!? BWAAAHAAAAHAAAAHAAAA!

I smell cheese!

Peter
If you were from india you wouldnt be laughing.
The Ghost Monkey is a popular and widly believed bit of fokelore.
Sorta like Chupacabra in south america.

But you are prolly right they will prolly make it cheezy

It shouldnt be suprising the direction that Sci Fi is taking.
Havent they been talking about changing it to The Action Channel for a long time now?

I knew that I could never again raise my voice against the violence of the oppressed in the ghettos without having first spoken clearly to the greatest purveyor of violence in the world today -- my own government....
~ Dr. Martin Luther King ~

I can hear God saying to America: “You are too arrogant! If you don't change your ways, I will rise up and break the backbone of your power!"
~ Dr. Martin Luther King ~
Hito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2003, 10:20 AM   #8
jewels
Stablemaster, Livery Ship

FORUM STAFFFleet Modertor
Colonial Fleets

Peter, are you sure you shouldn't have posted this listing yesterday??

Somebody that has a clue please buy this crazy channel. Thanks. The almost former viewers.
jewels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2003, 11:32 AM   #9
peter noble
Strike Leader

Colonial Fan Force
COMMAND INSIGNIACo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com

Default Re: Re: OT: SCI FI Unveils Action Films

Quote:
Originally posted by Hito
If you were from india you wouldnt be laughing.
The Ghost Monkey is a popular and widly believed bit of fokelore.
Sorta like Chupacabra in south america.
Hito, monkeys are funny! Er...except for those "damn dirty apes"!

Peter
Old April 2nd, 2003, 11:54 AM   #10
Hito
Warrior

Veteran
Fleets Warrior

Not when they are supernatural killers...
Hito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2003, 12:51 PM   #11
ststeven11

Default Quite a line up

Some of those sound like direct-to-video fare. Or maybe something you'd see at a drive-in double feature. I mean, where's "Vampire Robot?"