Go Back   Colonial Fleets > REJUVENATION CENTER > Galactica Cafe
Notices
Galactica Cafe A place to socialize and have fun!

View Poll Results:
0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old August 22nd, 2004, 11:01 PM   #1
The 14th Colony
Strike Leader

Default Heaven Can Wait -Part I

In the film Heaven Can Wait a guy died and went to heaven. But it turned out there was a mix up and he wasn't supposed to die but his body was already cremated so the angel couldn't put him back in his body to resume his life. So instead they sent him back to Earth to resume his life in the body of a rich man who had just died.

So with pure hypothosesis because hopefully the management in heaven isn't that sloppy (& I don't believe in reincarnation), if it happened to you and you were given the choice to come back in the bodies of one of the above choices (as if they had just died themselves), who would you choose and why?

These choices are all men. Part 2 will be female choices. You may note that all the choices have two things in common: They are insanely rich, and they are innovators and masters of their field. That was the inspiration for this poll, since they all have in their own way enhanced, affected, or made some kind of artistic, sociatal, or way of life difference to the country and/or the world. To sum it up, in each his own way, they are all pioneers.

If reincarnation is real, I want to come back as a bowling ball...because that's how I roll.

My Creativity:
https://www.facebook.com/legoshine
My Writing Page:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/InSpi...47884321946870
The 14th Colony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2004, 06:41 AM   #2
julix
Bad Email Address

14th....
I am gonna go ahead and answer this, even though I know you are gonna put in female choices soon(I will answer there too!) I didn't vote because mine is a tie.....I would like to be Paul Macarthy or George Lucas.....here is why. My first love is singing, I always wanted to be a singer and perform from the time I was old enough to talk I started singing. Would pretend I was on stage singing to a crowd. Never got to follow my dream, so I would love to be a famous singer. Especially someone from the Beatles who revolutionized music and were such great song-writers.(Plus love the accent)George Lucas-for obvious reasons 14th, you know me. I love sci-fi and to have created one of the best loved, incredible stories ever would be amazing. To be able to do it the way you want, and have access to what George has blows my mind. Do you know without the sucess of Star Wars we wouldn't have had Galactica or Alien or most other sci-fi we all love........So there it is. I am looking forward to the female choices, don't really want to be a man, I like being a woman!
julix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2004, 10:12 AM   #3
Charybdis
Battlestar Callisto

I really don't like any of the choices. And the way I see this question is: If I have died and gone to heaven (even if it was before my time), I would just stay there!!!!! It is heaven after all!!!!

http://bscallisto.proboards.com/index.cgi
Charybdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2004, 11:31 AM   #4
Archangel
Bad Email Address

Lucas
Archangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2004, 03:24 PM   #5
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 14th Colony
In the film Heaven Can Wait a guy died and went to heaven. But it turned out there was a mix up and he wasn't supposed to die but his body was already cremated so the angel couldn't put him back in his body to resume his life. So instead they sent him back to Earth to resume his life in the body of a rich man who had just died.

So with pure hypothosesis because hopefully the management in heaven isn't that sloppy (& I don't believe in reincarnation), if it happened to you and you were given the choice to come back in the bodies of one of the above choices (as if they had just died themselves), who would you choose and why?

These choices are all men. Part 2 will be female choices. You may note that all the choices have two things in common: They are insanely rich, and they are innovators and masters of their field. That was the inspiration for this poll, since they all have in their own way enhanced, affected, or made some kind of artistic, sociatal, or way of life difference to the country and/or the world. To sum it up, in each his own way, they are all pioneers.
Well if I 'HAD' to come back as a MAN then it would be Walt Disney
shiningstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2004, 05:50 PM   #6
amberstar
Strike Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiningstar
Well if I 'HAD' to come back as a MAN then it would be Walt Disney

Same here shiningstar!

Walt Disney is just as imortal as Mickey, even though he is gone he will never be forgoten. To pioneer animation would have been great!
Old September 6th, 2004, 04:31 PM   #7
The 14th Colony
Strike Leader

*Bump*

If reincarnation is real, I want to come back as a bowling ball...because that's how I roll.

My Creativity:
My Writing Page:
Old September 6th, 2004, 06:28 PM   #8
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

Thanks 14th so when are you going to put the FEMALE choices up?
Old September 6th, 2004, 06:37 PM   #9
BST
Snowball, My Angel Baby

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
Colonial Fleets

I voted for Gates.
You have come to journey's end
Sleep now
And dream of the ones who came before
They are calling
From across the distant shore .

Children are a message that we send
to a time that we will never see.
BST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2004, 06:39 PM   #10
Rowan
On Vacation...

Quote:
Thanks 14th so when are you going to put the FEMALE choices up?
yes I 've been wondering the same thing! if you need ideas for the choices just ask the girls will help ya out 14th
Rowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2004, 06:53 PM   #11
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

I so agree with ROWAN
Old September 9th, 2004, 05:47 PM   #12
The 14th Colony
Strike Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowan
yes I 've been wondering the same thing! if you need ideas for the choices just ask the girls will help ya out 14th
Okay I'm asking. Please PM me your ideas. I was already thinking Oprah Winfrey, Martha Stewert, Katey Couric, Mariah Carey...

My Creativity:
My Writing Page:
Old September 9th, 2004, 05:47 PM   #13
The 14th Colony
Strike Leader

Quote:
I so agree with ROWAN
And I agree that you agree with Rowan.

My Creativity:
My Writing Page:
Old September 9th, 2004, 06:31 PM   #14
julix
Bad Email Address

I was trying to think of a famous woman singer...thought of Janis Joplin...but such a tragic end.......Maybe like Carol King...Linda ronstat....no current ones could make the list for me...
Old September 9th, 2004, 06:32 PM   #15
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

Lara bush, What is Kerry's wife? so we can do equal time here ..........Theresa isn't it?
Put her name on too , I don't like her but Hillary clinton
Old September 9th, 2004, 06:33 PM   #16
Rowan
On Vacation...

Quote:
Okay I'm asking. Please PM me your ideas. I was already thinking Oprah Winfrey, Martha Stewert, Katey Couric, Mariah Carey...
ok let me think
Rowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2004, 06:47 PM   #17
BST
Snowball, My Angel Baby

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
Colonial Fleets

Quote:
Lara bush, What is Kerry's wife? so we can do equal time here ..........Theresa isn't it?
Put her name on too , I don't like her but Hillary clinton
John Kerry's wife is Teresa Heinz. She was formerly married to the late Sen. John Heinz of Pennsylvania. Yes, it is the same Heinz family that made its fortune in the food business -- ketchup, pickles, etc.

On a side note, it was such a tragic loss having John Heinz perish in a plane crash. He was being groomed for, and probably would have been, President, by now.

You have come to journey's end
Sleep now
And dream of the ones who came before
They are calling
From across the distant shore .

Children are a message that we send
to a time that we will never see.
BST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2004, 07:45 PM   #18
The 14th Colony
Strike Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by julix
I was trying to think of a famous woman singer...thought of Janis Joplin...but such a tragic end.......Maybe like Carol King...Linda ronstat....no current ones could make the list for me...
Age doesn't matter for this poll, nor any untimely deaths. As hypothetical as this poll question is, if I wanted to live the life of Jim Morrison, lets say, and was sent to take over the day of his death, it would be that I would take over his life and avoid his death. Janis Joplin died of an overdose, right? So you would take over on the day of her death and avoid the drugs and live till your 90's drug free, or whatever the case for whatever person you chose.

My Creativity:
My Writing Page:
Old September 9th, 2004, 07:54 PM   #19
The 14th Colony
Strike Leader

If someone chose Hugh Hefner, who is in his 90's, it could hypothetically be said that you could live his life from a younger age. I chose George Lucas, for obvious reasons for those who have read any of my stories or seen my artwork or read what I said about my writing dreams. he has the means to make all of his cinema dreams come true, and he pioneered technology for others to do the same and for viewers to see movie f/x that might never have been possible without the success of Star Wars and ILM. I believe myself to be a deeper storyteller than him. No bashing intended there. I love the prequels, I saw TPM 27 times in its theatre run alone, and AOTC about 10 times in theatres, but I still think, IMHO, that I would have written them deeper and would have woven more storyline and narrative dialogue into the finished films (including scenes he wrote but editted out which would have made the stories stronger). So with the life of Lucas, I would be able to make all my sci-fi/fantasy dreams come true, including my planned Star Wars novel duology and my nine book non SW sci-fi series. But I get nicer glasses, and shun the flannel shirts! LOL.

My Creativity:
My Writing Page:
Old September 10th, 2004, 05:44 AM   #20
julix
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Age doesn't matter for this poll, nor any untimely deaths. As hypothetical as this poll question is, if I wanted to live the life of Jim Morrison, lets say, and was sent to take over the day of his death, it would be that I would take over his life and avoid his death. Janis Joplin died of an overdose, right? So you would take over on the day of her death and avoid the drugs and live till your 90's drug free, or whatever the case for whatever person you chose.

Ah, I see. I thought if you choose the person, you were choosing their life and death the complete package. What I meant by younger singer or singers of today is that there are not many that impress me(a few but not many).