Go Back   Colonial Fleets > FAN CREATIVITY > ART Work - Finished
Notices

Old January 1st, 2011, 09:51 PM   #1
martok2112
Colonial Story Teller

FORUM STAFFFleet Moderator
Colonial Fleets

Default My improved Colonial Viper

And here are two videos (quickie tests) of my Colonial Viper.

The first one, in space, is a smaller version of the Viper, for those distant combat and flight shots. There's a smaller pilot in there, with a bare-bones cockpit, so it doesn't look like the ship is flying itself.

And this is the larger, actor-scaled Colonial Viper for close ups. She has a full fledged cockpit (which was part of the Starship Construction pack from Reallusion.) As soon as I learn how to script animations for iProps, I'll make a more accurate canopy, but for now, this one suits the purpose just fine.
Old January 2nd, 2011, 12:49 PM   #2
martok2112
Colonial Story Teller

FORUM STAFFFleet Moderator
Colonial Fleets

Default Re: My improved Colonial Viper

Had to make some slight modifications to my build as I reviewed it...

Tried rounding out the nose hull a little more so it didn't look quite so blocky....ugh.....horrible iClone build memories coming back....shudder.

Added on some landing gear to the actor scale Viper. (The largest version of the Viper that uses full sized avatars.) The landing gear is kept separate so that I can have them on or off, depending on the context of the scene (in flight or landed)... and I can even animate them to raise or lower. The animation is strictly a key-framing task though, as I still don't know how to do AML script yet.