Go Back   Colonial Fleets > REEL-WORLD CONNECTION > Conventions
Notices
Conventions Non BG Conventions included too!

Old October 10th, 2005, 07:29 AM   #1
mikedx
Warriordx

SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDOwner:
BattlestarGalacticaAutographs.com

Default Dirk and Noah in New Jersey

Gang,

Noah and Dirk are scheduled to appear at the Chiller Theatre Expo in East Rutherford New Jersey. The con is scheduled October 28-30.

There are a TON of other guests, including the tv series Batman, Dark Shadows, I Dream of Jeannie, a slew of wrestlers, and many others.

Guest Page
http://www.chillertheatre.com/gt/gtc4.htm

Main Page
http://www.chillertheatre.com/

Thanks,
Mike
mikedx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2005, 05:02 PM   #2
dacia
Just Lost My Cherry!

HI there!!

I was at screenheroes too. It was very very special and I got the chance to talk to a lot of stars.
despite that it was a poor organised convention and there are many fans over here in Holland who are very ashamed of the way the stars were treated.
Everybody is trying to contact the stars to apologize, but that's not easy to do.
I have contacted Richard Hatch and he was kind enough to email me back in person. what a guy!!!
unfortunately I have not yet been able to retrieve other addresses from other stars.
Right now I'm making my own website witch supports the continuation of the original BSG and there is also a forum to discuss everything from screenheroes to BSg to the BSG stars.
I think it's very important to keep the dream alive and make sure that the stars are celebrated.
I hope that there will be another convention here in Holland, where we will get the chance to make up for screenheroes.
keep up the good work!!!
dacia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2005, 05:53 AM   #3
mikedx
Warriordx

SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDOwner:
BattlestarGalacticaAutographs.com

dacia,

I also think that it was very special to get to meet all of my childhood heroes. The stars did not blame the fans, and almost all of them came back on Sunday for the fans. So don't worry about them hating Holland. When your website is done, don't forget to come back and post the link.

I'd like to add how great I thought the people from Holland were. I constantly had people coming up to me speaking in Dutch. I politely asked for them to speak in English, and they felt embarrased about it. Here I am in another country, can't speak a word of the language, and they felt embarassed???

Could one of the mod's move these two posts over to the Dirk, Terry, Herb, Richard thread?

Thanks,
Mike
mikedx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2005, 12:09 PM   #4
tracyb144

dacia,

The stars I'm sure don't expect the fans to apologize. It's certainly not their fault. The organizers are responsible for that.
In any case, Dirk took it all in stride and had fun with Dwight entertaining the crowd.
When you get your website/forums up, send me a link and I will post them to Dirk's website

Tracy
Old October 23rd, 2005, 09:05 AM   #5
dacia
Just Lost My Cherry!

that's great! It will take a little time, because the website will be in two languages (English and Dutch).
also I'm in the process of getting my college diploma as a teacher, so I'll have to work extra hard I guess!!
But when it's finished I will let you know right away!
I'm glad to hear that the stars are ok with it, but still: it was embarrassing.
Richard emailed me and said: " we all came out of it in good shape".
he also said that he would defenitely return to Holland, for the people were so nice and down to earth.
that's a relieve ofcourse.
well, I will be working very hard on the website and I'll keep you posted!
till next time....
Old October 25th, 2005, 04:32 AM   #6
DG Promotions

Noah also enjoyed the Fans and being in Holland and none of the guests had a problem with the fans everything that happened was only the result of the Promoter. I speak to many of the guests that were at that show and almost all would do another show in Holland (though not for the same promoter).

DG Promotions
Old October 25th, 2005, 08:42 AM   #7
dacia
Just Lost My Cherry!

It must be great to have a job like that, where you get to talk to stars on a regular basis.
The only one I got in contact with is Richard Hatch and he is kind enough to reply my email in person. But I guess that's special enough!
It's hard to explain what the stars of BSG still mean to me and many others. Do you think they even know that?
ofcourse I will keep trying to contact the others too, for I still have so much to say and ask them, for I didn't have the nerves to say it when I saw them in person! (chicken I guess!)
But there must be thousands of fans who try to get in contact with them, and I understand that they simply don't have the time to respond. But a girl can dream , right?
please keep me posted when they will return to Holland, for I will be the first to get there!!!