Go Back   Colonial Fleets > ALTERNATE UNIVERSES > Other Science Fiction Shows
Notices
Other Science Fiction Shows A place to discuss all of the other Sci-Fi shows
which may tickle your fancy!

Old May 21st, 2005, 06:50 PM   #31
julix
Bad Email Address

That is a cute story Breea.............
I do think a five year old is too young for this movie but it is a parental decison,,,,,,,,,,,,It is amazing the numbers that are turning out
julix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2005, 06:57 PM   #32
GollaRolla
Shuttle Pilot

Hi, I'm new here. I'm the 'Mike' that 14th Colony was referring to a few posts ago.
Anyway, I don't know much about Battlestar, but I do know my Star Wars and thought I'd see what you guys were saying about ROTS.
I still haven't been able to organize my thoughts the right way yet to post a full review, but I'll be able to do so soon.
Anyway, jst thought I'd pop in and say hi and that you'll probably see a little more of me in the future, especially in this thread.
GollaRolla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2005, 07:23 PM   #33
Gemini1999
Strike Leader

FORUM STAFFFleet Moderator
Colonial Fleets

Quote:
Originally Posted by julix
I do think a five year old is too young for this movie but it is a parental decison.........It is amazing the numbers that are turning out
Julix -

When I went to the 9am matinee this morning, I saw quite a few young children. There were even a couple that brought their Kenner toy lightsabers... I kept thinking that the more cerebral character moments would go right over their head, but all the kids stayed quiet. Considering the tone of the story, it went quite well.

Best,
Bryan

"If you love long enough, wish hard enough, anything is possible" - From The Boy Who Could Fly
Gemini1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2005, 07:35 PM   #34
cranky1c
Warrior

Thanks for the helpful thoughts expressed. My wife and I decided it was time to see a movie by ourselves for the first time in a while......
cranky1c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2005, 02:30 AM   #35
martok2112
Colonial Story Teller

Colonial Fleets

Thumbs up

Yes, for the most part, this movie definitely is NOT kid friendly. But I am glad to hear that many of the showings go without incident.

I am kinda working up my own analysis of ROTS, and will post it as soon as I have finished it.

Martok2112
Old May 22nd, 2005, 02:59 AM   #36
The 14th Colony
Strike Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by GollaRolla
Hi, I'm new here. I'm the 'Mike' that 14th Colony was referring to a few posts ago.
Anyway, I don't know much about Battlestar, but I do know my Star Wars and thought I'd see what you guys were saying about ROTS.
I still haven't been able to organize my thoughts the right way yet to post a full review, but I'll be able to do so soon.
Anyway, jst thought I'd pop in and say hi and that you'll probably see a little more of me in the future, especially in this thread.
Hey good buddy, welcome to Fleets!

If reincarnation is real, I want to come back as a bowling ball...because that's how I roll.

My Creativity:
https://www.facebook.com/legoshine
My Writing Page:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/InSpi...47884321946870
The 14th Colony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2005, 03:01 AM   #37
The 14th Colony
Strike Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by martok2112
Yes, for the most part, this movie definitely is NOT kid friendly. But I am glad to hear that many of the showings go without incident.

I am kinda working up my own analysis of ROTS, and will post it as soon as I have finished it.

Martok2112
I'll be waiting with baited breath for that. Actually, I have no idea what baited breath means. I know my breath probably still smells like popcorn from yesterday's ROTS viewing! LOL

If reincarnation is real, I want to come back as a bowling ball...because that's how I roll.

My Creativity:
My Writing Page:
Old May 22nd, 2005, 03:57 AM   #38
TopGun
Strike Leader

I Can't wait to see it again. And this time I'll look out for the Falcon
Old May 22nd, 2005, 07:42 AM   #39
amberstar
Strike Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 14th Colony
Not silly at all. It was a hella emotional movie, the most of the series without a doubt IMHO. I wholeheartedly agree with everything that you wrote.

When you saw Vader's face as the helmet was being lowered to be put on, that look of pain and fear, despite how evil he had become, did you not feel a shred of sympathy for him and how he'd been tricked and turned? I know that I did, and I did NOT expect to feel sorry for Darth Vader at all.

I am hopefully going to see it again today.
(((14th & Julix)))
I feel the same way about Darth Vader, my heart went out to him and I walked away having a new view on the Dark Lord.
Old May 22nd, 2005, 08:07 AM   #40
julix
Bad Email Address

Thanks Sis............I needed that!

Hi Mike.......welcome

I am headed off to see the movie for a second time this morning......................
Old May 22nd, 2005, 08:14 AM   #41
The 14th Colony
Strike Leader

Julix, I see you're in this thread. Please get on Yahoo ASAP.

My Creativity:
My Writing Page:
Old May 22nd, 2005, 12:47 PM   #42
martok2112
Colonial Story Teller

Colonial Fleets

Thumbs up

Oh, yeah, I couldn't believe I caught the Falcon on my first viewing. That was a nice touch.

Martok2112
Old May 22nd, 2005, 03:15 PM   #43
TopGun
Strike Leader

Their's a rumor that it's the proper Falcon, rather than just another YT-1300, there were 2 of them in AOTC
Old May 22nd, 2005, 04:28 PM   #44
GollaRolla
Shuttle Pilot

14th and Julix- Thanx for the welcome, much appreciated.

I heard about a Falcon appearing in the film, but have no idea where. I can only guess that it was during the opning space sequence. There's no way I'll see that until the DVD comes out. I did wind up seeing the Tie-fighter/X-wing bit in AOTC, but only upon very close DVD inspection.

As far as young kids go, when I was down visiting my friend Vince in South Carolina during the premiere, we took his 5 year old son to the film and he loved it. I simply believe that anything too grown-up went right over his head, and for the graphic images, they probably left his mind as quickly as the entered it. That said, it certainly earned it's PG-13.
GollaRolla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2005, 05:32 PM   #45
julix
Bad Email Address

Hey Bryan.......
At the second showing I went to it was packed with kids and they were all quiet during the film as well. I am not sure what to think of little ones seeing it. Violence in SW is a bit different then violence in other shows it seems.......but it was just so emotional........maybe it did go over their heads.......I don't know, I still hold with see it first and decide for yourself about your child.......My daughter no way......she is very sensitive(wonder where she gets that) My son.........has the book and we have told him he can see it in 6 months when he is 13........he is special needs so he is behind where he would be if he hadn't been born premature. he is fine with it and kind of excited that he will be 13 and then see it.
Old May 23rd, 2005, 04:29 AM   #46
amberstar
Strike Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by GollaRolla
14th and Julix- Thanx for the welcome, much appreciated.

I heard about a Falcon appearing in the film, but have no idea where. I can only guess that it was during the opning space sequence. There's no way I'll see that until the DVD comes out. I did wind up seeing the Tie-fighter/X-wing bit in AOTC, but only upon very close DVD inspection.

As far as young kids go, when I was down visiting my friend Vince in South Carolina during the premiere, we took his 5 year old son to the film and he loved it. I simply believe that anything too grown-up went right over his head, and for the graphic images, they probably left his mind as quickly as the entered it. That said, it certainly earned it's PG-13.
Welcome GollaRolla

I remember seeing the Falcon too, it wasn't in the space battle but I can't remember what part it was in. I saw it in the right hand bottom of the screan when someone was flying into a landing area. I remember it was early in the movie.
Old May 23rd, 2005, 08:40 AM   #47
TopGun
Strike Leader

According a friend of mine it's when the Tantive IV lands in the Landing Area
Old May 23rd, 2005, 09:21 AM   #48
Gemini1999
Strike Leader

Colonial Fleets

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopGun

TopGun -

I saw the Falcon straight off - it was coming in on the docking bay below the one that Tantive IV was landing at. I saw the bright blue/white band of exhaust and I knew what it was supposed to be....

Best,
Bryan

"If you love long enough, wish hard enough, anything is possible" - From The Boy Who Could Fly
Gemini1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2005, 12:20 PM   #49
TopGun
Strike Leader

Did you see the two YT-1300s in AOTC?
Old May 23rd, 2005, 12:39 PM   #50
Haveke

Exclamation

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini1999
TopGun -

I saw the Falcon straight off - it was coming in on the docking bay below the one that Tantive IV was landing at. I saw the bright blue/white band of exhaust and I knew what it was supposed to be....

Best,
Bryan
I'll have to Loo For it Again, However... According to the STAR WARS Reference Material Available, the Millennium Falcon was at Least 250 Years Old as Of A NEW HOPE ... the YT-1300 Class Freighters Have Been Around the Star Wars Universe for a LONG Time...

BTW: Good Call

A LONG TIME AGO... IN A GALAXY FAR, FAR AWAY...
Old May 23rd, 2005, 12:55 PM   #51
TopGun
Strike Leader

Yeah it's a really old ship. In the words of Han

"She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid. I've made a lot of special modifications myself"
Old May 23rd, 2005, 02:21 PM   #52
Ian_W359
Warrior

Thumbs up

I got to see Ep. III on Sunday, and it was superb (I really want to see it again) - its probably the best of the three prequels...... I will admit to have gotten a bit weepy by the end of the film, tho (but don't tell anyone, ok!)

I was surprised to see a lot of younger children at the showing (esp. under 10s) including one dressed as Darth Vader wielding a toy lightsaber! They were obviously quiet during the film, but about two-thirds thru - I definitely could hear someone snoring (or just a bad Vader impressionist!)

In all - two thumbs up!

Ian W359
Ian_W359 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2005, 02:56 PM   #53
TopGun
Strike Leader

There were a few kids at the showing I went to on the 19th, who should have been at school
Old May 23rd, 2005, 07:41 PM   #54
Haveke

Exclamation

Quote:
Yeah it's a really old ship. In the words of Han

"She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid. I've made a lot of special modifications myself"

I Used to Own a 1980 Toyota Corolla/Tercel I Named it the Millennium Falcon(They Didn't Split & Make the Corolla into a Seperate Car Until 1981) Anyway... it Was White, had More Than a Few Hailstone Pock Marks(I Actually Called in Metor Strikes) across the Body... Hey, I Even Had the Set of Small Dice Hanging in the Top Center (On the Rear View Mirror)

Anyway, on the Back Trunk Area Where the Corolla/Tercel Name Plate Was, the "T" was Shaped Like a Falcon Making a Diving Flight... and Man Could This Thing Haul Cargo... and Quick!!

Just Had to Share that One with Everyone...

I Sure Miss that Car... I Could Run Around for 1 Month on Only $10 Gas...

Now Back to Our Feature Presentation
Old May 23rd, 2005, 08:09 PM   #55
Stray Viper
Warrior

Saw it, loved it. I have yet to see it a second time. I will reserve ranking judgments until then. I was surprised at how desperate Palpatine seemed at times. Not as strong as I imagined him. However, it could be he was masking his true power in the first fight against Mace Windu. Yet I have to believe he gave Yoda all he could muster.
Old May 23rd, 2005, 10:13 PM   #56
The 14th Colony
Strike Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stray Viper
Saw it, loved it. I have yet to see it a second time. I will reserve ranking judgments until then. I was surprised at how desperate Palpatine seemed at times. Not as strong as I imagined him. However, it could be he was masking his true power in the first fight against Mace Windu. Yet I have to believe he gave Yoda all he could muster.
Hey buddy. Glad you came to my thread here. At least there is one place you and I can talk about ROTS together, unlike the other place where only one of us is welcome.

My Creativity:
My Writing Page:
Old May 24th, 2005, 01:26 AM   #57
TopGun
Strike Leader

I think Palpie was hoping that Ankain would intervene
Old May 24th, 2005, 02:23 AM   #58
Haveke

Cool

Quote:
I think Palpie was hoping that Ankain would intervene
Exactly, He Had to Have Used the FORCE Power Far See: to Help Him Glimpse into the Future & Create the Entire Plan ... He all But Came out and Told Anakin he was his Father. Looking Back on The Phanton Menece: Qui-Gon Jin askd Anakin's Mother about the boy's Father... She tells him "There was no One"... Now, Flash Forward... Palaptine tells Anakin he Knew "How to Create Life"... BINGO!! and at that Point: Anakin Pledges his Serviece to Darth Sidious...Throwing Away His Chance for Redemption and theGalactic Empire begins its Assent to Power ... and Total Domination of the Very Galaxy itself.

As Paul Harvey Would Say: And Now, the Rest of the Story....

May the FORCE Be With You...
Old May 24th, 2005, 02:45 AM   #59
TopGun
Strike Leader

Bloody Hell, I never thought of that.

But then again the signs were there

Qui-Gon said "It is possible he was conceived by the midi-chlorians"
Old May 24th, 2005, 04:36 AM   #60
Sci-Fi
Bad Email Address

The Skywalker family tree confuses me:

Relationships