Go Back   Colonial Fleets > ALTERNATE UNIVERSES > Miscellaneous Entertainment
Notices
Miscellaneous Entertainment Talk about any other shows not covered by other forums.

Old May 16th, 2010, 03:50 PM   #1
peter noble
Strike Leader

Colonial Fan ForceCo-Founder
Colonial Fan Force
COMMAND INSIGNIACo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com

Unhappy RIP Ronnie James Dio

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2010...ames-dio-dies1
Old May 16th, 2010, 05:47 PM   #2
BST
Snowball, My Angel Baby

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
Colonial Fleets

Default Re: RIP Ronnie James Dio

Wow. I haven't been following him lately so, for me, this was out of the blue.

RIP, Ronnie.
You have come to journey's end
Sleep now
And dream of the ones who came before
They are calling
From across the distant shore .

Children are a message that we send
to a time that we will never see.
BST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2010, 11:23 PM   #3
JAFO
Bad Email Address

Default Re: RIP Ronnie James Dio

I wasn't a Black Sabbath fan back in the day. Van Halen was my poison of choice, a little Henry Miller with my Huckleberry Finn so to speak. But I was a fan of Ronnie James Dio. To this day I still can't see how one could see the world DEVIL in the album art for the word DIO, even turned upside down. Dio is the guy who bestowed upon metal the two fingered "devil horns" (He got that from his grandmother who used to give the evil eye to people in the neighborhood. There's nothing satanic or evil about it. It was something an older Italian would do to people to let them know that you were watching them, the all-seeing-eye was on to what they were doing - warranted or not). I do know that Ronnie was one of the greatest singers in "metal" and was determined to continue his reign even though the cat was 67! How could he have been 67, still singing like he did and still be planning on touring this year? The hard rock world will miss him. Rest In Peace Ronnie. You were, without a doubt, The Last In Line.

JAFO is offline   Reply With Quote