Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old March 21st, 2012, 12:00 AM   #1
peter noble
Strike Leader

Colonial Fan ForceCo-Founder
Colonial Fan Force
COMMAND INSIGNIACo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com

Default Blood & Chrome Trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0ixA...&feature=share
Old March 21st, 2012, 07:21 AM   #2
Punisher454
Warrior Ace

Default Re: Blood & Chrome Trailer

If we take a step back from our general position here on NuBSG for a moment and look at this on its own, it really makes you wonder whats up in the offices of SYFY.
Compared to most of the usual crap airing on that channel like Mansquitto and Dinocroc this is clearly a cut above. But of course SYFY decides B&C should just be a reduced to some webisodes rather than a full series. Oh well maybe they needed air time for higher quality stuff, you know like Lexx or Cleopatra 2525.
Old March 21st, 2012, 11:41 AM   #3
Titon
Retired or am I?

Special Effects Artist
Battlestar Galactica 2003
COMMAND INSIGNIACoFounder
Colonial Fleets

The scifi channel has been and alway's will be a joke. Have not watched that channel in years. Quite frankly the channel should be taken off the air it's that bad.

I wish we could get the Space Channel from canada. At least they play scifi.
Old March 21st, 2012, 12:45 PM   #4
137th Gebirg
Warrior

I never understood the reason why they decided to bring in Pro Wrestling on their schedule. While it could fill the "Fiction" requirement (laughably), it really has nothing to do with SCIENCE Fiction. Aside from a money-making gimmick (and it must be making some good money for them), I cannot fathom its purpose and is possibly the single greatest thing undermining and discrediting the original vision and mission of the channel. The other "reality" Ghost & UFO shows don't bother me as much, as they could arguably be associated with Sci Fi programming, though tenuously.

I for one am looking forward to finally seeing B&C. Despite how some feel about its pedigree, at least it's proper science fiction, and I know a lot of work has gone into its production.
Old March 21st, 2012, 01:28 PM   #5
Punisher454
Warrior Ace

Quote:
Originally Posted by 137th Gebirg View Post
I for one am looking forward to finally seeing B&C. Despite how some feel about its pedigree, at least it's proper science fiction, and I know a lot of work has gone into its production.
My thoughts exactly, regardless of your thoughts on all of the nuBSG stuff the production quality as well as the acting has been very good, This looks to continue with that high standard even though it was downgraded to a web series.

Now if they only could have channeled all that tremendous talent back in 2002 in a direction true to the original we'd really have something incredible now. What a shame.

I for one will be watching this.
Old March 21st, 2012, 03:53 PM   #6
WarMachine
Warrior

Whichever, YouTube has apparently scrubbed it for copyrights violation.....
Old March 21st, 2012, 04:45 PM   #7
David Kerin
Warrior Ace

Colonial Fan ForceArtist
Colonial Fan Force
SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDBattlestar Galactica
Revivalist

I check all my scifi updates at io9.com. Not saying they have it there, but maybe one should look through their story posts.

When i did see it, I can only think how great it would be if this was the first trailer for the Scifi version of Battlestar, and if their uniforms looked slightly like the originals how great it would be. I do not like what Moore did with Galactica. However this teaser at least feels a bit closer to what a reboot should go for. That doesn't mean it will be that, but its more promising than glowing spine sexbots that have done it before, and will do it again. It will never be the Galactica I love, but the trailer at least makes me want to give it a chance. There's that phrase we all love!
David Kerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2012, 08:19 AM   #8
137th Gebirg
Warrior

Well...

http://www.deadline.com/2012/03/batt...omment-2384992

Looks like it's official. B&C will not be a TV series, but may yet still be a web/digital series. Although I don't know how costs would be less being online than for TV. And, I can't see how a web-only showing in the future would pull as much advertising revenue as full-blown TV. I'm thinking this project is DOA, but we will get to see the Pilot "at a future date". Still no word on when that will be.

Also, apparently the trailer was not meant for official wide-spread release, which is why it was taken down. This would explain the multiple uses of the same footage and the (IMHO) abysmal cover of Immigrant Song. Those things aside, I really like what I've seen so far and am discouraged that a new series will likely never see the light of day.
Old March 22nd, 2012, 01:32 PM   #9
jewels
Stablemaster, Livery Ship

FORUM STAFFFleet Modertor
Colonial Fleets

The music was awful (compared to most movie & TV scoring), but the visuals looked much closer to what I expect from something loosely based on BG.

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." Malcolm Reynolds [/color]

"We don't dictate to countries, we liberate countries." Mitt Romney [/color]
jewels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2012, 06:02 PM   #10
Darrell Lawrence
Formerly Warrior
The Lone Wolf

SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDOwner:
Colonial Fleets
3D Gladiators
Former Webmaster:
BattlestarGalactica.com
RichardHatch.com
GreatWarofMagellan.com
Web Tech:
LauretteSpang.com
DirkBenedictCentral.com
TombsofKobol.com

See the front page for the trailer.

There is also an interview about the FX.
"Legends never die... They just get new Captains."
"Respect the past. It brought you the present."
Darrell Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2012, 06:27 PM   #11
Jubal
Warrior

Wow that was actually amazing. Tempting... tempting.

You know what is funny, waaaaayyyyy back when the reimagined Battlestar Galactica came out, the website for the show, the official one, showed the older Battlestar and the newer one, and how they worked in the timeline. Seems they are actually admitting that something LIKE the classic series actually happened (though maybe not exactly like the classic series)
Jubal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2012, 08:45 AM   #12
137th Gebirg
Warrior

Finally got a chance to see this over the weekend and loved it! I was getting quite irritated by the lens flairs (damn you J.J. Abrams!!!), but aside from that, I even found NuAdama to be serviceable as a character, even though I would have preferred Nico Cortez from Razor to reprise that role.

Maybe I've been on BSG withdrawal for too long, but I damn near loved every minute of this thing. It seems that the rumors about the CG effects not being up to snuff were quite erroneous.
Old November 17th, 2012, 09:11 PM   #13
jewels
Stablemaster, Livery Ship

FORUM STAFFFleet Modertor
Colonial Fleets

The CG looked quite decent, indeed. Action is more like TOS.

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." Malcolm Reynolds [/color]

"We don't dictate to countries, we liberate countries." Mitt Romney [/color]
jewels is offline   Reply With Quote