thomas7g
out there somewhere

COMMAND INSIGNIAFormer Admin (ret)
Colonial Fleets
BattlestarGalactica-Fleets.com
Owner
Ship Of Lights Forum

Thumbs up Farscape is back!

Its this sunday folks. The first successful (faithful) revival of a tv show on scifi.

From Scifi.com
Quote:
Farscape: The Peacekeeper Wars will continue the adventures of astronaut John Crichton and his intergalactic comrades. Newly engaged and expectant parents John Crichton (Ben Browder) and Aeryn Sun (Claudia Black) have been chased around the galaxy and have fallen in love, and now all they want is for their baby to be born and live in peace. However, they will first have to survive an all-out galactic war between the Scarrans and the Peacekeepers as well as the myriad outlandish and unexpected surprises that have become the hallmark of this award-winning series.
I'm definitely going to give this a try.

I don't think this will convince Universal/scifi to drop their new BG in favor for our original one. But it may show the viability of scifi revivals. And also it was a good show and the farscapers deserve a revival.

"There is a meaning for wings that can not fly!
Its a precious memory of when you once flew in the sky."
thomas7g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2004, 02:06 AM   #2
Rowan
On Vacation...

I was hearbroken when they canceled Farscape I was bereft!!

But this Sunday is celebration time!!
Rowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2004, 03:07 AM   #3
Sci-Fi
Bad Email Address

Sunday (part 1 with multiple re-airings) and Monday (part 1 at 7pm then part 2 follows with multiple re-airings right after).
Sci-Fi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2004, 03:29 PM   #4
Rowan
On Vacation...

I think I hang out with Americans too much there will be no airing of Farscape Peach Keeper War in Canada! I keep thinking I get to watch the same things at the same time (no Atlantis, no Farscape, no fair! )
Rowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2004, 08:51 PM   #5
jewels
Stablemaster, Livery Ship

FORUM STAFFFleet Modertor
Colonial Fleets

Part one was excellent!

Way to go Scapers and Henson & Co.–a well deserved congrats!

I think the way Critchon and Aeryn were put back together was a direct wink at the watchfarscape clan: When the Henson family bought back their production company and the rights to Farscape, the Scapers sent the Henson's office giftbaskets: one of the items was a jar of bath crystals in Aeryn's and John's crystalline colors with a fake engagement ring tied to it and a plea to "reconstitute" them in the next story.

Brian Henson, David Kemper & Rockne O'Bannion (hope I spelled those right) THAT was priceless. Well done.

Lead sponsors (advertisers): KFC, Acura
a not exhaustive list of other advertisers: AOL, GMC trucks, Expedia, GE lightbulbs, Capital One, ESPN, Verizon, Sirius Radio, CDW, GM Goodwrench, Campbell's Chunky Soups.

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." Malcolm Reynolds [/color]

"We don't dictate to countries, we liberate countries." Mitt Romney [/color]
jewels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2004, 07:57 AM   #6
Sci-Fi
Bad Email Address

Brilliant!!!

Frelling excellent part 1!!! Can't wait to watch part 2!!!

Rebecca Riggs (Grayza) was actually 8 months pregnant when they filmed and the tatoo was real! Fan speculation is that Grayza is carrying John's baby!!

Fans commented that the CGI and SFX were theater quality and the music blew them away. In any case, a lot was packed into part 1 and some scenes were missing that would explain some things better, like Chiana's eyes. Maybe they'll add/include the scenes on the DVD.

The Farscape Convention next month should be rocking!
http://www.creationent.com/cal/farscape.htm

Sci-Fi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2004, 04:05 PM   #7
Captain Bran
Shuttle Pilot

Part one was awesome

I can't wait to see part 2
Captain Bran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2004, 08:14 PM   #8
Gemini1999
Strike Leader

FORUM STAFFFleet Moderator
Colonial Fleets

Wow!

That was fun! I'm glad I got the east coast feed for Skiffy, so I got to see both parts from 6-8pm...

I would have to say that's the largest dose of Farscape I've ever had in one week, much less a longer period of time. It's not that I don't like Farscape, but I didn't have Skiffy for most of the time it was on, so I just never jumped on the bandwagon.

The miniseries was terrific! I'm surprised that I followed as much as I did, considering that I'm not that well versed in the show. It was big, colorful, action-packed, bigger than life and a helluva lot of fun! I'd watch it all over again without even thinking about it.

I hope the ratings are stellar - Skiffy doesn't deserve it after bailing on the show when it was a weekly series, but I really would like to see this thing blow everything that was previously produced/shown on Skiffy... Just for grins!

Does this make me a Farscape convert? I don't know - that's a lot of DVDs to rent! But as an armchair watcher of "The Peacekeeper Wars", I think it rocked!

I hope that they make another mini next year - the Scapers deserve it...

Best,
Bryan

"If you love long enough, wish hard enough, anything is possible" - From The Boy Who Could Fly
Gemini1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2004, 10:25 PM   #9
jewels
Stablemaster, Livery Ship

FORUM STAFFFleet Modertor
Colonial Fleets

What Bryan said. Plus totally frelling awesome. D'argo......aaaaarrrrrrgh!

There were some fantastic one-liners and 2-3 liners. I hope my tape taped. The writing was wonderful. Aeryn in part 2 especially.

If you missed it, Sunday 3-7pm E/2-6 pm C--rebroadcast.

Thank you Scapers for believing and working so hard. It was a gift. And I hope the ratings shoot through a regular (non-weapon) wormhole.

Jewels

cast a vote at Amazon for PKW by giving them your email for notification of when the PKW dvd comes out. http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...v=glance&s=dvd

you all know how this works: we got Uni. to release more than 100,000 copies of BG TOS by being on their notification list and many of us ordering right away.

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." Malcolm Reynolds [/color]

"We don't dictate to countries, we liberate countries." Mitt Romney [/color]
jewels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2004, 11:06 PM   #10
repcisg
Bad Email Address

WOW!

Forgive me while I relearn how to breath!
repcisg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2004, 11:09 PM   #11
thomas7g
out there somewhere

COMMAND INSIGNIAFormer Admin (ret)
Colonial Fleets
BattlestarGalactica-Fleets.com
Owner
Ship Of Lights Forum

I'm not big farscape fan, though I enjoyed watching alot of the show. Ny problems have been that this is such a dark universe that is hard for me to enjoy over a long period. I need AIR!

But this was frellin' excellnt! I really enjoyed it all the way through. It was a great show! A great revival and a good way to finish off a story!

Best thing I've seen on skiffy in a looooong time. I even liked it than most Stargate episodes that has been made for skiffy.

"There is a meaning for wings that can not fly!
Its a precious memory of when you once flew in the sky."
thomas7g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2004, 01:51 AM   #12
Sci-Fi
Bad Email Address

From the Farscape forum:

Quote:

Wanna say thank you for the mini?? Need the addresses??

here ya go!

First and foremost -
The Jim Henson Company
1416 North LaBrea Ave.
Hollywood, CA 90028

next -
Hallmark Entertainment
1325 Avenue of the Americas
New York, New York 10019

then -
The SCI-FI Channel
1230 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY 10018
program@www.scifi.com
feedback@www.scifi.com

also, some of the major sponsors for tonight including:

KFC
Melanie Dyer
National Media Manager, KFC
1900 Colonel Sanders Lane
Louisville, Kentucky 40213

SIRIUS Satellite Radio - genfeedback@sirius-radio.com
1221 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY 10020

Expedia, Inc
13810 SE Eastgate Way, Suite 400
Bellevue, WA 98005

Acura Client Services
1919 Torrance Blvd.
Torrance, CA 90501-2746

and the best way to say thank you?? Make sure to buy the Farscape DVDs and the soundtrack to the show and the mini when they're available The series dvds are available in the states through ADV. The series soundtrack is available online at places like amazon.com and the soundtrack to the miniseries is available through LaLaLand Records http://www.lalalandrecords.com/Farscape.html.

if you'd like to send the cast thank you's as well, feel free to send them through The Jim Henson Company, and they'll make sure that they get it.
Old December 29th, 2004, 10:49 AM   #13
Ian_W359
Warrior

Thumbs up UK dates for Farscape : The Peacekeeper Wars

Some news from the UK.....

In the new SKY magazine - broadcast dates have been given for a UK showing of the Farscape mini-series -

Part 1 - Sunday January 16 @ 9pm (Sky One)
Part 2 - Sunday January 23 @ 9pm (Sky One)

Also, a February 14 release date has been given for the R2 (Artoo) DVD of the series -

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/...886408-1622815

Soon...........

Ian W359
Ian_W359 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2005, 03:16 PM   #14
kingfish
Strike Leader

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdministrator
Battlestar Pacifica
Battlestar Rycon

Thomas there is a good chance of seeing more Farscape in the future.
kingfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2005, 01:29 PM   #15
Krystal
Bad Email Address

Thumbs up

The mini was just amazing, I totally love it. And now I have the dvd in my list of dvd to get. It was just cool to see Farscape again, the explosions, the humor, Scorpy(of course). It was great, the only sad part was seeing Farscape again in tv and seeing it get out of tv again. That was painful.

Krystal
Krystal is offline   Reply With Quote